Comics with a Rocketry Theme - Humor, Not Politics

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KennB

I-95 Envoy
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Thought I'd try starting a thread for comic strips that show model rockets or mention rocketry. To keep the thread alive, let's keep away from editorial cartoons that slam North Korea or put forth some other political agenda. Thanks.

Here's a couple to start:

bc130425.gif

Red and Rover 05Sep11.gif

Oh, so this is what your doing instead of you usual M/C duties at the CMASS launch today. That was the only job I didn't do today!

Kenn, missed ya! Hope your feeling better.

Missed a good CATO just like last week. Lot's-O-Flame and Smoke. I think it was a total loss.

I've had this one on a coffee cup for years...

image-fliskits-acme-spitfire-inspiration-400-600-110811162723858.gif

...given where I found the image (rocketreviews), I think I have a certain FlisKit to buy now...

Those are great! I snagged a few to re-post and share on BCRs Facebook page.

I don't know if it counts, but I ike the "Up Goer Five." https://xkcd.com/1133/

The best part is at the very bottom.

I wold love to build a Saturn 5 and workout a way to get most of this on it...Mark, doable?

I love this cartoon from the Estes Internal newsletter, "Launchpad". I think Gene Street is the Illustrator, mimicking the style of Don Martin.sat v.JPG

I don't know if it counts, but I ike the "Up Goer Five." https://xkcd.com/1133/

The best part is at the very bottom.

I wold love to build a Saturn 5 and workout a way to get most of this on it...Mark, doable?
I work at Dartmouth College as a Steamfitter and I mainly do
maintenance on heat/steam systems.
There are times I'll be asked to do some plumbing.
Well, a dorm room had an old lead drain pipe off a lav that the top rotted out . This pipe was between floors and ,well, anywhoo,it got fixed.
The deal is here, one off the students had that poster in the room. Just last week I was looking up the "Up-Goer Five"
It is a cool and funny poster.
The xkcd site is kinda cool too.

Last edited:
I've had this one on a coffee cup for years...

View attachment 127416

...given where I found the image (rocketreviews), I think I have a certain FlisKit to buy now...

I don't have the cartoon but I do have the rocket. Awesome cartoon and an even more awesome rocket. Crooked as all but flies straight and true. A challenging build but you won't be sorry.

Dana Summers is a cartoonist for the Orlando Sentinel...

DanaSummers-launch-2011-08-29.jpg

I'm reposting this one as I didn't know about this thread... I really wish that more people would "tag" threads for easier searching.

Red and Rover by Brian Basset

May 27, 2014

Last edited:
I'm reposting this one as I didn't know about this thread... I really wish that more people would "tag" threads for easier searching.

Red and Rover by Brian Basset

May 27, 2014

Today, at the Museum of Flight in Seattle, Brian Bassett presented the original art for this strip to Vern Estes after briefly telling about his own involvement in Model Rocketry. What fun!

Brian Basset continues to put our hobby in the public eye.

wpred140902.gif

From what I've seen of the guys who have "girls who like model rocketry as much" as they do, it's a pretty sweet deal.

Attachments

• redrover140902.jpg
    redrover140902.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
loveandrockets1.jpg

An early entry in the underground comix genre by the Hernandez Brothers back in the 1980's(?). I was there.

Back