BaddAzz - Myzztic Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VonMises

Reaction score
I bought a Bad Azz Myzztic about a year ago. Thought it would be neat to have a night launcher.

The kit was missing a part used to tether the nose cone base to the chock cord. no biggie, I substituted some Kevlar ribbon cannibalized from a worn out cruise control unit.

The Myzztic is an almost entirely screw together rocket. From what I understand all Bad Azz Rocketz follow this convention. I was intrigued to say the least.

Materials are not conventional either. The airframe and fins are made from thin wall PVC. This was a pleasure to work with. You can wipe PVC off with Lacquer thinner, and it won’t etch or melt into the surface. If you mess up the paint job, just wash it off and do it again. The rocket can’t be painted with an opaque color as it would prevent the light from making the Airframe glow, but there are a variety of clear coats that provide effects as light reflects.

The engine retainer is also the tail cone and made of aluminum. Although I don’t know the specific variety, but it polished right up on the polishing wheel.

Everything went together nicely, although some of the fin holes had to be “stretched” just a tiny bit.

The maiden flight was on an AeroTech F24-4W and the flight (in daylight) was perfect, with recovery provided by the included and what appeared to be a Top Flight thin mill parachute.

The chute is small and the rocket comes down fast, but PVC is tough and can take it with ease.

We liked this kit so much that my daughter wanted to build the Bad Azz Wizzard.

HOWEVER...

On it’s first night launch, and second flight, the LEDs failed on liftoff. That was the end the rocket, and my Aerotech 24mm Hardware.

IMG_4918.jpg

Myzztic009.jpg

Myzztic010.jpg

Myzztic008.jpg

Myzztic006.jpg

Myzztic007.jpg

IMG_4931.jpg

Myzztic004.jpg

Myzztic003.jpg

Post copied to gallery with permission

Last edited:
That's a heck of a finish on that bird. Darn nice build. Sorry it lost itself.

My Myzztic
[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jOl-wD90N5s[/video]

I seen that somewhere before, it may have been yours. That's a very clever idea, and considered it for my build but decided against it. May still have it if I did.

Bet you can see those all the way up.

Welcome to the BaddAzz Myzztic Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the BaddAzz Myzztic and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

BaddAzz: Myzztic:

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited by a moderator:
BaddAzz Myzztic Basic Information.

badazz.gif
BadAzz Rocketry

MODEL NAME: Myzztic Also known as:

NUMBER:

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer:

Type: Sport, Night Flyer, Tube Fin
Motor Mount: 1x24mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 22.4"
Diameter: 1.312"
Span:
Weight:

Mfg. Description: Practiced in the Dark Arts, this Zzorcerer will cast it's spell on you! Unleash your powers!!! (BadAzz 2013 Web Ad)

Advertising Liveries

badazz-myzztic-2012%20web.jpg
2012 Web Ad
badazz-myzztic-2013%20web.jpg
2013 Web Ad

Face Card(s)

Instruction Header(s)

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also:
TRF Build Threads
Eric1

TRF Applicable Threads
Bad Azz Myzztic

LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back