Bad Azz Myzztic

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VonMises

Reaction score
I bought a Bad Azz Myzztic about a year ago. Thought it would be neat to have a night launcher.

The kit was missing a part used to tether the nose cone base to the chock cord. no biggie, I substituted some Kevlar ribbon cannibalized from a worn out cruise control unit.

The Myzztic is an almost entirely screw together rocket. From what I understand all Bad Azz Rocketz follow this convention. I was intrigued to say the least.

Materials are not conventional either. The airframe and fins are made from thin wall PVC. This was a pleasure to work with. You can wipe PVC off with Lacquer thinner, and it won’t etch or melt into the surface. If you mess up the paint job, just wash it off and do it again. The rocket can’t be painted with an opaque color as it would prevent the light from making the Airframe glow, but there are a variety of clear coats that provide effects as light reflects.

The engine retainer is also the tail cone and made of aluminum. Although I don’t know the specific variety, but it polished right up on the polishing wheel.

Everything went together nicely, although some of the fin holes had to be “stretched” just a tiny bit.

The maiden flight was on an AeroTech F24-4W and the flight (in daylight) was perfect, with recovery provided by the included and what appeared to be a Top Flight thin mill parachute.

The chute is small and the rocket comes down fast, but PVC is tough and can take it with ease.

We liked this kit so much that my daughter wanted to build the Bad Azz Wizzard.

HOWEVER...

On it’s first night launch, and second flight, the LEDs failed on liftoff. That was the end the rocket, and my Aerotech 24mm Hardware.

Still, I would recommend this kit for the following reasons:
1. It’s unconventional
2. It flies beautifully on relatively inexpensive engines
3. It contains very high quality components (Except the LEDs. They get -1 internets)
4. The workmanship is top notch

IMG_4918.jpg

Myzztic009.jpg

Myzztic010.jpg

Myzztic008.jpg

Myzztic006.jpg

Myzztic007.jpg

IMG_4931.jpg

Myzztic004.jpg

Myzztic003.jpg

Last edited:
That is one Sexy looking Rocket! Shame about the LED's :-(

I have had experiences with 3 Bad-Azz kits. All were awesome!

That is one Sexy looking Rocket! Shame about the LED's :-(

I have had experiences with 3 Bad-Azz kits. All were awesome!

No question. It is, or rather was, Awesome. I miss it and wish I had it back.

I saw your night flight, but I had no idea how stunning those tube fins were until I saw this thread!

You pay shipping and I'll replace it. You did a fine build.

Wow! That is some awesome customer service! Badazz just seems to be one of those businesses who make awesome products, and stand by them. :clap:
You cant find that anymore.

You pay shipping and I'll replace it. You did a fine build.

WOW Eric. I'm both humbled by your kind words, and incredibly grateful for your generous offer. I most humbly accept.

In return, you may use my pictures at your discretion. I’ll send all of them to you if you wish. I hope they help sales.

I really do miss my Myzztic. It has an extraordinary elegance that set it apart from my other rockets.

Last edited:
I built mine today.

Pros:
1. Easy to assemble
2. Very few tools needed
3. Sturdy
4. No mods needed
5. TOTALLY complete kit
6. Very reasonably priced
7. Good materials

Cons:
1. The small screws are hard if you have big hands

Package arrived a few days ago from Eric at BadAzz while I was away on business. Timing couldn't have been better as I've been busy with 4-H kids for the past several weeks.

That makes 5 rockets I need to have ready for Midwest Power.

Eric, you are an example of integrity that all business owners should aspire to sir.

Finished mine today, no paint flying it naked, hopefully I will launch it tomorrow for first daylight launch....night launch next weekend!!!!!

Package arrived a few days ago from Eric at BadAzz while I was away on business. Timing couldn't have been better as I've been busy with 4-H kids for the past several weeks.

That makes 5 rockets I need to have ready for Midwest Power.

Eric, you are an example of integrity that all business owners should aspire to sir.

Thank you Kindly.
I care Very much for those that will trade hard earned money for one of my kits.
I get behind on shipping product, but you guys are very understanding to my situation.
I'll Never forget that. You are what makes this hobby the BEST!

Eric

Back