Any clubs fly competitions on the west coast?!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know that I am seeing this thread a bit late but the Lunar club out of Livermore ca. Will hold three more(four total) regonal comps this year. The first was this year at TCC's October Skies event held last weekend and three to come. Two will be held at Snow Ranch outside of Stockton Ca. and the last will be back in Fresno at TCC'S Dairy air meet. Check the Lunar web site for more info and directions. WWW.lunar.org. RBB

I think you may have more luck asking at https://groups.yahoo.com/group/contestRoc/

DART used to fly contests pretty regularly up to a year or so ago. I suspect the people who ran it got busy with other stuff (TARC and FAI/internats.)
I hate to admit it but our field sucks! We fly from a island so the water hazard is always there and flying right off the bay means the winds kick up about 0930-1000 hrs. That plays hell with alt shots, parchute/helo duration and gliders. It's a small club and has predominately become a 'public service' for teachers, Scouts and TARC teams, as most of us are 'dual rated' (LPR/HPR) and prefer to fly in the desert. If enough interested/qualified people let us know-we'd be thrilled to put on a comp launch. We'd need at least three bodies for that (Uh- 1st, 2nd and uh, 3rd place...)

I hate to admit it but our field sucks! We fly from a island so the water hazard is always there and flying right off the bay means the winds kick up about 0930-1000 hrs. That plays hell with alt shots, parchute/helo duration and gliders. It's a small club and has predominately become a 'public service' for teachers, Scouts and TARC teams, as most of us are 'dual rated' (LPR/HPR) and prefer to fly in the desert. If enough interested/qualified people let us know-we'd be thrilled to put on a comp launch. We'd need at least three bodies for that (Uh- 1st, 2nd and uh, 3rd place...)

I'd be interested if you gave me a lot of notice!

And small motors so they don't land in the bay and end up in Cabo!

I am in The OC so we could have a "Regional"! :)

Latest posts

Back