My 4" Loc Sandhawk

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Getmore

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Well this last weekend I picked this up for 20 bucks I could not pass it up the next guy behind me would of gotten it. I know in my No more for Getmore thread I was going to take a break well guess what it's over. I have made some changes to the motor mount so I can get in side to glue the fins to the tube. I was lucky to get the rings lose so I could move them.The retainer I cut off and cleaned it up with a disk sander. It was put on wrong also. I put my motor in and it would slide back and forth a good 1/8" and was put on with Epoxy not JB weld. I have everything in dry fit now. Thanks for looking

Buy the way how do I write under each picture to elaborate on what I am doing.

Bill

SAM_0270.jpg

SAM_0271.jpg

SAM_0272.jpg

SAM_0273.jpg

SAM_0275.jpg

SAM_0274.jpg

SAM_0269.jpg

Where did you find this for $20?

Some guy was selling some of his stuff at NEFAR launch next to me. He had a nice Side winder that was almost done for 40 bucks but I have one of them. So he took my offer of 20 bucks I thought it was for the tubing and nose cone but then he pulled out some fins. At the end of the day he gave me another rocket that had a motor cato so I got some fins and the upper tube and nose cone. All I can say is I was at the right place at the right time. But I did let his wife have some of my shade from the hot sun.:)

Back