Estes - Estes Jetliner (#3230) Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oddmanrockets

Reaction score
built me an estes jetliner just for some fun. the black star voyager takes a long time waiting for stuff to dry so i saw this little thing and ordered it.its an easy couple hour build even with the mods. I did to it.View attachment 120596no build pics for you guys it didnt take that long and I was to lazy to get up and get my camera.1st mod was an 18mm motor mount not the 13 mm one,its paper so that was an easy cut with the x-actoView attachment 1205972cd thing was useing all epoxy for the build,3rd was soaking the wings and fins with thin CA to strengthen the balsa,came with 1 square of clay to balance with but since I upgraded motor I added 2 more to balance,couple primer coats and gloss white when it was ready. added the decals and then off to the desert the next day to fly.1st flight B-6-4 straight as an arrow to about 200 ft but the chute never opened because it didnt weight enough to open it,so out comes the streamer material and i put 4- 5ft steamers on it.another perfect flight to about 350 ft and recovered.a little repair job and she will be ready for another round of flights this weekend coming up.Ill try to get flight photos this time coming up because we were flying with the big boys last weekend.everybody was amazed on how well this little thing flew with all those wings on it

Post copied to gallery with permission

Attachments

• P1210818.jpg
    P1210818.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 255
  • P1210819.jpg
    P1210819.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 226
Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the Estes Estes Jetliner (#3230) Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the Estes Estes Jetliner (#3230) and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Estes: Estes Jetliner: #3230

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
Estes Estes Jetliner (#3230) Basic Information.

estes.gif
Estes Industries

MODEL NAME: Estes Jetliner Also known as:

NUMBER: #3230

Introduced: 2012
Final Year:
Designer:

Type: Oddroc
Motor Mount: 1x13mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 9.3" (23.6 cm)
Diameter: 1.64 in. (42 mm)
Span: 11 in. (27.9 cm)
Weight: 1.9 oz (53.9 g)

Mfg. Description: No significant text in 2013 Catalog

=====

A great addition to our Mini engine powered line of rockets.

A mini engine powered version of a real jet! Well almost anyway. The Estes Jetliner features simple and quick construction with out of site performance.

Parachute recovery brings this awesome little rocket back to earth. When powered by the A10-3T mini engine, heights of 150 feet can be reached! Being short and stubby keeps this Jetliner close to the ground for easy recovery. (Estes 2013 Web Ad)

Advertising Liveries

estes-estes%20jetliner%203230-2013%20cat.jpg
2013 Catalog

estes-estes%20jetliner%203230-2013%20web.jpg
2013 Web Ad

Face Card(s)

estes-estes%20jetliner%203230-face%201.jpg

Instruction Header(s)

estes-estes%20jetliner%203230-instr%201.jpg

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also:
TRF Build Threads

TRF Applicable Threads
[url-https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?50480-Estes-Jetliner]Estes Jetliner [/url]

LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
Great looking rocket. Had to go buy one myself and also made the 18mm mod. as this just screamed at me for more power. Love how mine levels off at apogee and flies like a real jet for a short time before ejection charge fires. Nice addition to my Goony fleet.

Done with slightly modified decals, over Rustoleum metallic silver.
DSC_2553.jpgDSC_2586.jpgDSC_2590.jpg

Here's my version of the Jetliner. I ordered some decals for a 1:200 scale of my favorite airline. I used Oddmanrockets idea and installed a 18mm motor mount without any regrets.

I think I will build this kit again and use a longer body tube and make engine pods like Lewsaturn.

Here's my version of the Jetliner. I ordered some decals for a 1:200 scale of my favorite airline. I used Oddmanrockets idea and installed a 18mm motor mount without any regrets.

I think I will build this kit again and use a longer body tube and make engine pods like Lewsaturn.

I love the way this looks with the tiny "scale" windows and cockpit. Makes it look HUGE.
I wish I had done the 18mm mount. I've had two flights on A10-3T and they've both been pathetic, bordering on catastrophic.

Well done.

My kids grew up in Palmer. They both live and work in Anchorage now. My ex-wife is actually a Flight Attendant on Alaska Air now. She and her husband still live in Palmer.

Build new from a kit. Added and 18mm mount to replace the stock 13mm. Used Plywood for the upper and fiber for the lower centering rings. Added Kevlar leader and 1/4" Elastic for recovery. Cut the Nose cone and added a bulk head and 3/4oz of BB's for nose weight. Appearance wise, I copied others and used some BT5 to create engines. These do not effect stability.

Has flown a 6 times. Really needs at least a "B" motor for a decent flight and still needs to be flown straight up. Has been up on A8-3 but that was a scary flight. B6-4 and C6-3 is where this one is happy. image12.jpeg

I upgraded this build the 18mm engine and replaced the fins with tube fins for the jets and used a different sticker pattern. Anyone guess from what?

Passes the swing test perfectly. Still need to do the test flight to see how well it goes up. If there is an issue, I can trim or add to the vertical tail fin.

Attachments

• IMG_20201223_195150.jpg
    IMG_20201223_195150.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 47
I've launched this several times. Interestingly, my jetliner rocket gently arcs into the wind with the wings being level but nose up. It still climbs, looking very graceful as it jets off.
I think my "jet engines" (tube fins) imbalances a smidgen but to a nice effect.

Now the wheels are turning.
Instead of the sillhouette jet engines glue two tube fins above the stabs.
Faux Warthog engines.
Drill a hole through the top of the nose cone, glue in a dowel with launch lugs around it. Faux gatling gun.
Camo livery. Sharks teeth decal.
The Goonie Hog!

Back