NewWay - Q-Bee Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dpower

Reaction score
While at NIRCON last month, I was the fortunate recipient of a few raffle prizes, one of which was a Newway Space Models Q-Bee.

This is the smallest of the Newway models, and uses their standard ~1" square body tube, and is designed for 13 mm propulsion, the tagline is "The Sting of Mini Motor Power".

Being the first Newway kit, I was impressed with the quality of the materials, and some of the best LPR instructions I've seen. Top-notch laser cut fins, a very nice parachute kit, laser cut CRs (wait, is there such a thing as a square ring?), high quality round shock cord & kevlar, and cool square nose cone (wait, it's really a pyramid, not a cone, right?).

Assembly was straight forward, the only ding is there is really no way to fill the spirals, since the seams overlap instead of having a small gap. So, I didn't worry about it, hit the whole thing with primer, sanded, and painted with some good "Old" Krylon.

Decals went on fine, didn't require any decal film to thicken.

Post copied to gallery with permission

Attachments

• QBee-01.jpg
    QBee-01.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 72
Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the NewWay Q-bee Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the NewWay Q-bee and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

NewWay: Q-bee:

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
NewWay Q-bee Basic Information.

newway_space_logo.gif
NewWay Space Models

MODEL NAME: Q-bee Also known as:

NUMBER:

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer:

Type: Sport
Motor Mount: 1x13mm
Recovery:
Stages: 1
Length:
Diameter:
Span:
Weight:

Mfg. Description: Short but speedy, Q-bee will be the queen of your rocket fleet. And here's where a square body tube really pays off - did you ever see a round model rocket with offset fins? (NewWay 2011 Catalog)

=====

Short but speedy, Q-bee will be the queen of your rocket fleet. And here's where a square body tube really pays off - did you ever see a round model rocket with offset fins? (NewWay 2013 Web Ad)

Advertising Liveries

newway-q%20bee-2011%20cat.jpg
2011 Catalog

newway-q%20bee-2013%20web.jpg
2013 Web Ad

Face Card(s)

newway-q%20bee-face%201.jpg

Instruction Header(s)

newway-q%20bee-instr%201.jpg

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also:
TRF Build Threads

TRF Applicable Threads

LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
Back