New central coast of California launch site.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, living in A-trash-cadero, and just found this forum thread about the launch site and the Central Coast Classic Model Rocket club...

I would like to join you all sometime, I'm not sure if much will be going on before the Spring time, or if anybody is tracking this old, old thread.

If you are, respond to this or send me a PM.

Thanks!
LB

Not sure if the club is still operating since there has not been a post in some time...if not, I am interested in starting up a new club and can see about using the Camp SLO airfield since I have a good working relationship with the base. Anyone interested, let me know.

I am interested in a Central Coast launch site. Are any of these clubs still active?

Thanks for bringing this up again, I'm interested in launching with people around SLO. I guess we just wait and see if anybody involved with the previous launch site gets back to this thread.

Thanks for bringing this up again, I'm interested in launching with people around SLO. I guess we just wait and see if anybody involved with the previous launch site gets back to this thread.

Are you located near SLO? Where do you usually launch?

I go out and launch with TCC...it's about 2.5 hours away, but the closest HPR compared to everything else.

I'll go to TCC on occasion but it's not my most favorite place to fly. I go out to FAR quite a bit and Lucerne occasionally. I've toyed with the idea of a Central Coast club but I don't have any good ideas for a launch site. I looked at Santa Ynez but I think that would be too close to the airport. Vandenberg would be great, but getting access for regular folk would be difficult or impossible.

If you go to FAR, you are not 'FAR' from a North Edwards launch site. It's all about if you are willing to drive... "that FAR"

If you go to FAR, you are not 'FAR' from a North Edwards launch site. It's all about if you are willing to drive... "that FAR"

I haven't heard of that site, who flies there? Is that different from MDARS?

I have the contact info and permission to use the Camp SLO / Civil Air Patrol / Achievement House Helo Pad. Maximum engine size they will allow is "D". I would like to restart the local rocketry club and come up with some dates that work for the pad usage.

I have the contact info and permission to use the Camp SLO / Civil Air Patrol / Achievement House Helo Pad. Maximum engine size they will allow is "D". I would like to restart the local rocketry club and come up with some dates that work for the pad usage.

Did they give a reason why they are limiting motor size to D?

Hello forum, my name is Scott Stanley, and I represent the Central Coast Classic Model Rocket Club.

We launch out of O'Sullivan Field north of San Luis Obispo, CA. It is an active (but rarerly used) heliport landing site for Camp San Luis Obispo. It's commander is Maj. Jim Breedlove, and he is a man who enjoys a good rocket!

I am a fully insured member of the NAR, and we adhere to all safety protocalls. We fly anything up to G engines, on a monthly/ bi- monthly basis.

We are looking for fliers who might like to join us. Kids and pets are welcome, as long as they are well trained.

Our next flight should be in May. Please let me know if anyone is interested in coming.
Do you still launch rockets?

Is anyone still interested in launching rockets locally? I spoke to Camp San Luis and they are good to go with the right group and insurance coverage.

Is anyone still interested in launching rockets locally? I spoke to Camp San Luis and they are good to go with the right group and insurance coverage.
Do you know what the impulse limit would be? I'd be interested if we could do F, G, or higher.

Latest posts

Back