Scientific American 12 Events That Will Change Everything Article

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlazarus6660

Reaction score
Scientific American 6/2010

12 Events That Will Change Everything.

I was reading this today and two things that were brought up were Nuclear War and Meteors hitting the Earth. The part of the meteors exploding in the air just happened in USSR. Look what been happening lately.

Read it for yourself.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=interactive-12-events

Last edited:
Meteors hit us all the time.

We've been under threat of nuclear war since the 1940s.

It is "Scientific" not "Sciencetific".

Nothing to see here.

FC

In time , it's all gonna happen! Except for the alien thing --already happened-- they came -they saw- they got bored stiff- they left----everything tasted like chicken!!

Meteors hit us all the time.

We've been under threat of nuclear war since the 1940s.

It is "Scientific" not "Sciencetific".

Nothing to see here.

FC

OK I know that they hit the Earth all the time, but when was the last time one (almost) took out a city from an airburst?

OK I know that they hit the Earth all the time, but when was the last time one (almost) took out a city from an airburst?

The probabilities of a meteor striking any particular point on earth have not changed. And the USSR has not existed in almost 20 years.

FC

Scientific American 6/2010

12 Events That Will Change Everything.

I was reading this today and two things that were brought up were Nuclear War and Meteors hitting the Earth. The part of the meteors exploding in the air just happened in USSR. Look what been happening lately.

Read it for yourself.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=interactive-12-events

First of all, what did I tell you about reading Scientific American? If you keep reading that stuff, you might learn something. Before you know it, you will become knowledgable. Then there will be no controlling you. So stay away from that stuff.

And what is with this Fast Cargo guy. He is awfully nitpicky doncha think?....
:wink:

Interesting question. I think probably Tunguska, Russia, 1908. Granted, there was no big city there, but if there had been one, it would have been leveled. Just like the recent even would have taken out the city if it had been just a bit larger.

I don't think any other big airbursts of that magnitude have been recorded since... have there been?

One of the things Scientific American overlooked that would change everything is a Zombie Apocalypse.

Back