Reload Kits Master Excel Sheets

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Green Jello

Reaction score
The Project:
I decided it would be useful to organize all of the major brands of engine reloads into Excel with the most common data points for comparison. These can also be printed out to keep in binders for the field. I plan to keep this as an ongoing project and always keep them up to date. The only thing I ask of you all who use them is that you please contact me whenever you find an error so I can correct it. When gathering all the data, I learned many things about engine reloads and most importantly the specs. For any given engine, you can look in 4 different places and find 4 different sets of data. They are all in the same general area, but due to testing differences, the data could vary by as much as 5%. Because of this, I decided to use this method. First, I would always use the manufacturers data sheets if available. Then I would use ThrustCurve. If after that, I was still missing data, I would turn to NAR (if certifed) and Rocketry Reviews. Finally, some of the data points could be pulled out of RockSim and Open Rocket.

RELOADS:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Reloads Master List: Completed - Last Update: 6/3/13
This list is a master sheet that contains all manufacturers combined.

- Excel
- PDF
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AeroTech Reloads: Completed - Last Update: 5/30/13
www.aerotech-rocketry.com

- Excel
- PDF

Cesaroni Technology Reloads: Completed - Last Update: 6/23/14
www.pro38.com

- Excel
- PDF

Loki Research Reloads: Completed - Last Update: 4/1/13
www.lokiresearch.com

- Excel
- PDF

Gorilla Rocket Motors Reloads: Under Construction - Last Update: 4/1/13
www.gorillarocketmotors.com

- Excel
- PDF

Missing Data:
  • K235WC
  • M1565BL
  • N2717WC
  • N1720WC

Single Use:
Estes Single Use Rocket Motors: Completed - Last Update: 6/20/13
www.estesrockets

- Excel
- PDF

Aerotech Single Use Rocket Motors: Completed - Last Update: 4/16/13
www.aerotech-rocketry.com

- Excel
- PDF

Last edited:
Being a snap-ring case style, you should put the nozzle size in the Loki chart.

Being a snap-ring case style, you should put the nozzle size in the Loki chart.

Oh ok. Good to know. Today was the first time I've ever even looked at Loki's site, so their stuff was all new to me. The only problem is, I was trying to keep the fields universal so the combined sheet would work.

Oh ok. Good to know. Today was the first time I've ever even looked at Loki's site, so their stuff was all new to me. The only problem is, I was trying to keep the fields universal so the combined sheet would work.

With Aerotech you could use nozzle diameters from the motor assembly PDF's which could be handy for people to check that they have the right one included in their reload.

I'm working on Gorilla motors at the moment. Does anyone know the names of their propellants?

They are:

BL
WC
RT
GT

The only thing I ask of you all who use them is that you please contact me whenever you find an error so I can correct it.

In the Master List mfg column you have exactly five motors attributed to CTI. In all other cases it is Cesaroni. Your OCD will surely recognize this as an "error" that must be conformed. :p

Thanks for all you work on this, it's a fantastic resource!

In the Master List mfg column you have exactly five motors attributed to CTI. In all other cases it is Cesaroni. Your OCD will surely recognize this as an "error" that must be conformed. :p

Thanks for all you work on this, it's a fantastic resource!

Fixed. Thanks!

Jello,

Thanks for doing this. This must have been a lot of work and I greatly appreciate it. I did find some issues.
In the "No of Grains" column, I see some numbers that make sense (ex. 1-6xl), but I also see numbers like 18, 24, 29, 38, 54, 75, 98. These look like case diameters to me.

In the case diameter column, I see numbers like 40, 60, 40-120. These look like the case power rating numbers.

Thanks again. I hope my observations help make it even better.

Jello,

Thanks for doing this. This must have been a lot of work and I greatly appreciate it. I did find some issues.
In the "No of Grains" column, I see some numbers that make sense (ex. 1-6xl), but I also see numbers like 18, 24, 29, 38, 54, 75, 98. These look like case diameters to me.

In the case diameter column, I see numbers like 40, 60, 40-120. These look like the case power rating numbers.

Thanks again. I hope my observations help make it even better.

WTF?!?!?

I have no idea what happened when I combined them. I'm gonna take the master one down for a bit while I fix it. Thanks!

Ok...that problem is fixed. Everything is back up. You guys make a great QA department.

In the combined case impulse/grain-count column, please put G after the grain ones, or perhaps color-code them.

Also, please remove duplicates with different delay numbers. The numbers are all identical (even though they'll weigh a sliiiiiightly different amount), so having multiple entries is pointless.

Also, you need to edit the J1799 data. It looks like most of the information online is outdated and for the discontinued J1999. You probably also want to remove the web link for that reason.

Better info is here in the instructions: https://aerotech-rocketry.com/uploads/ba746bb3-55b0-4e70-804f-3f90e49c8e25_54_1280n_in_20075.pdf

Last edited:
In the combined case impulse/grain-count column, please put G after the grain ones, or perhaps color-code them.

Updated. A lot of this is because I never intended to combine them into a multi manufacturer sheet.

Last edited:
The msrp for Aerotech hobbyline 18-20 and 24-40 reloads is misleading because the price you list is for three reloads.

Great job -nice!

Also, you need to edit the J1799 data. It looks like most of the information online is outdated and for the discontinued J1999. You probably also want to remove the web link for that reason.

Better info is here in the instructions: https://aerotech-rocketry.com/uploads/ba746bb3-55b0-4e70-804f-3f90e49c8e25_54_1280n_in_20075.pdf

Ok...I find this VERY troubling. So there have been motors with vastly different specs that share the same name? So how many more like that are on this sheet? Anyway...I can edit those figures, but I'd need a new Average Impulse.

Ok...I find this VERY troubling. So there have been motors with vastly different specs that share the same name? So how many more like that are on this sheet? Anyway...I can edit those figures, but I'd need a new Average Impulse.

Nope, not the same name; 1799 versus 1999, and the specs are almost identical (but not quite). The Thrustcurve database is out of date and shows the J1999 only, with J1999 specs. The Rocketreviews page you link to gives the J1999 specs but calls it the J1799. That one set of motors (Warp-9 54/1280) in particular is the only offender I know of. The J1999 had a high failure rate so they (apparently) enlarged the throat and recertified it as the J1799.

You can use TCTracer (a java program from thrustcurve) to trace a new thrust curve and it'll give you the data you need.

Adding Gorilla sheet. Looks like there's gonna be a lot of missing data on these.

The Gorilla sheet is as done as I can make it. There are 4 reloads on it that I can't find a thrust curve or the average impulse for.

What brand does everyone want next?

The Gorilla sheet is as done as I can make it. There are 4 reloads on it that I can't find a thrust curve or the average impulse for.

What brand does everyone want next?

KBA. Watch out though: there are ones for Kosdon bulkheads and nozzles, and then there are the Animal-compatible for AMW bulkheads and nozzles.

Dave excellent work and thank you. maybe manufactures will get the hint and copy yours and keep it updated on their sites.

I'm not really against adding anything. I was just starting with the most important and most used stuff first.

Meant no offense, I was just pointing it out. Good job putting together all this data together.

Meant no offense, I was just pointing it out. Good job putting together all this data together.

Sorry, there was no offense taken. That is exactly the kind of feedback I want.

I did see those engines on their price sheet and I made the decision to not include them. If people think that's a bad idea, I will add them in.

I personally don't use them, and don't know how many do. But if they were added, maybe a seperate tab would be good. Just a thought.

Thanks for this Green Jello. I have just recently started to understand all the graphs and info and having it all in one spot is nice.

Back