Yaay! Passed my L1 cert yesterday!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cgould

TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
I could have done it the easy way, but that would be too easy!

I passed the level 1 certification yesterday with my 5 foot long, 4 pound (at liftoff) monster called XR-6 Nesaru.

Nesaru_NLS-003.jpg

This beast has dual deploy electronics, full baffle systems for protecting the laundry for both recovery events, on board camera....the whole 9 yards.

H-180 motor. Success on the second attempt.
:wave:

Video:

[YOUTUBE]zmMqrIIevuw&list=UUvEZOBocJnxX6KC3Sf3x8sQ&index=1[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
I could have done it the easy way, but that would be too easy!

I passed the level 1 certification yesterday with my 5 foot long, 4 pound (at liftoff) monster called XR-6 Nesaru.

View attachment 123071

This beast has dual deploy electronics, full baffle systems for protecting the laundry for both recovery events, on board camera....the whole 9 yards.

H-180 motor. Success on the second attempt.
:wave:

Video:

[YOUTUBE]zmMqrIIevuw&list=UUvEZOBocJnxX6KC3Sf3x8sQ&index=1[/YOUTUBE]

Nice. Congratulations.

Chris

Welcome to the club!! I did my L1 a year ago this month.

So, as a Floridian, I will have to ask- what's all that white stuff on the ground?? :). We don't get a Winter down here - just less humidity.

What's your next project?

Nice job! You definitely did do it "the hard way", but it went well and it looked great! I got my cert on the H180's little brother, the H128, but I have an H180 waiting to fly and your video got me even more excited for it! Once again, great job and welcome to the club.

Thanks!

That white stuff on the ground is this mysterious substance that coats the ground, and turns into water when the temperature is above 32 degrees. Dunno what it is... ;-)

The next project is finishing up a slightly smaller / thinner rocket that is capable of dual deploy flights on our summer field (Class 1 rockets only), but can fly on an H128 type motor on bigger fields.

It will complement the BT-60 Dual Deploy rocket "Nala 1" I've been flying for almost a year now. :)

(See Attachment)

Welcome to the club!! I did my L1 a year ago this month.

So, as a Floridian, I will have to ask- what's all that white stuff on the ground?? :). We don't get a Winter down here - just less humidity.

What's your next project?

ALS_042_LaunchPad.jpg

I LOVE white lightning motors. Tried a H255 Cesaroni White Thunder on the first attempt. The flame was ... eh. H-180's flame: POW!!!

:)

Nice job! You definitely did do it "the hard way", but it went well and it looked great! I got my cert on the H180's little brother, the H128, but I have an H180 waiting to fly and your video got me even more excited for it! Once again, great job and welcome to the club.

Back