BROKEN ARROW 5 XP New From Rocketry Warehouse

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blastcap Rocketry

Reaction score
New from Rocketry Warehouse the BROKEN ARROW 5 XP.

Price 399.99

Kit Includes:

• Red 5 Inch 5:1 Ogive Filament Wound Fiberglass Nosecone With Metal Tip
  • 5 Inch White G12 Airframe 30 Inches Long
  • 5 Inch White G12 Coupler 12 Inches Long
  • 5 Inch White G12 Airframe 60 Inches Long
  • 98mm White G12 Motor Mount 30 Inches Long
  • 3 Black G10 Fiberglass 3/16" Thick Fins
  • Black G10 Fiberglass Centering Rings
  • Black G10 Fiberglass Bulk Plates
  • Vinyl Decals (Not Shown in Pic)

Specs:
  • Almost 10 Feet Tall
  • No need for paint
  • Built Weight Aprox 24 Lbs
  • Dual Deploy standard
  • CNC Precision Cut Parts
  • CNC Precision Slotted
  • Flies on anything from K to N
  • Perfect for Level 2 or 3

broken_arrow-xp-lg_zps6e171f68.jpg

BrokenArrow5XP_zps667f248d.jpg

I'll be flying mine at Red Glare 14 on a CTI M1560WT. Cant't wait.

Last edited:
I think there might be some errors on the RW site. The parts are all listed as 4 inch.

You know, I was really considering picking up a Competitor 5 this summer...but the 60" fin can tube on this is much more appealing...

Braden

Chuck, Yeah thats gotta be changed.

Depending on weather I may fly it on something bigger than the planned CTI M1560WT for Red Glare.

Justin
I am thinking the same thing. To me it seems weaker with the notch in the fins. Much harder to expoy and get a good bond. I guess a guy could just cut fins apart at that point.
gp

My fillet will run right on through between the fins. Its actually stronger than the average split fin, don't forget the root cord runs the full length oh both! fins, which in turn is epoxied its full length to the MM.

Justin you'd have to ask RW about that.

Gary
Yes there is always room for more rockets. You might be right the fins could turn out stronger than cut apart. Just was my first thought when I first saw the fins. Nice rocket. No paint that is very nice. Here in WI we might not get to paint outside untill June. Snow today and lows of around 0 for the next 2 mornings.
gp

Looks great! I'm new school - love building and flying rockets, hate painting them. I'll be at Red Glare flying min. dia. 24 mm, 29 mm and a 38 mm for the Mach Madness contest plus my Level 2 on the 38 mm; all scratch built. I was thinking of doing my Level 3 on the Broken Arrow 5 XP in the fall. I'll look for your launch at Red Glare this weekend.

Rich

Holy shimoly! Thats awesome.

Gary... ya know... you need to smile once or twice in your photos. ;)

Wow. Just gorgeous.

Gary do you think a 4 inch would stand a baby M??? I could do my L3 with it... just thinking. It would hit about mach 1.2...

Hey Chuck, no more for you till we get to see lots of launch photos! :wink:
Or have I been missing them! :)

But a BA 8XP would be cool!

Not to resurrect an old thread, but just had to post the maiden flight of my Broken Arrow 5 XP at Balls this year on a research 98mm N1300 sparky with around a 9 sec burn. Built stock with injected fillets.
All recovered in perfect condition (excluding a little toasting scars along the rear).

Liftoff...
(Picture from Dennis Watkins... aka motor maker)

image4 - sized.jpeg

Interesting picture near burn out from James Donald (zoomed in).

img_0615-zoom.jpg

During the hump day sale a couple weeks ago, the kit was $100 off. Man, what a steal!

Back