Aerotech - Cheetah (#89016) Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAL3

Reaction score
Welcome to the Aerotech Cheetah (#89016) Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the Aerotech Cheetah (#89016) and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Aerotech: Cheetah: #89016

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
Aerotech Cheetah (#89016) Basic Information.

aerotech.gif
Aerotech Consumer Aerospace (AT)

MODEL NAME: Cheetah Also known as:

NUMBER: #89016

Introduced: 1992
Final Year:
Designer: Bob Sanford

Type: Sport
Motor Mount: 1x29mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 32”/81 cm
Diameter: 1.9”/4.7 cm
Span:
Weight: 10oz/280gms

Mfg. Description: Like its namesake, this rocket is simply fast! If speed and altitude are what you're after, then CHEETAH is for you. Fly it with a wide variety of motors. A parachute brings this cat right back home. Our highest flying kit. (Aerotech 1992 Catalog)

=====

Like its namesake, this rocket is simply fast! The Cheetah is also AeroTech’s altitude champ, soaring to over 3000 feet on “G” power. Our patented no-wadding ejection system and nylon parachute bring this cat back home flight after flight. (Aerotech 2013 Web Ad)

Advertising Liveries

aerotech-cheetah%2089016-1992%20cat.jpg
1992 Catalog

aerotech-cheetah%2089016-2013%20web.jpg
2013 Web Ad

Face Card(s)

Instruction Header(s)

aerotech-cheetah%2089016-instr%201.jpg

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also:
TRF Build Threads

TRF Applicable Threads

LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
My first post!!!!

Here's my Aerotech Cheetah...my first Mid-power rocket after several dozen LP rockets. I made the graphics by customizing pics I found and then printing out onto decal film (used a lot of "practice" paper cut-outs to see where and how things should be arranged before I printed as decals). My daughter and I often start laughing each time we look at it! :D

Ken Liu Cheetah1.jpgKen Liu Cheetah2.jpgKen Liu Cheetah3.jpg

Note: I used clear decal film for the ones on the body and then printed the white sneakers onto label paper so that the orange paint of the fins wouldn't bleed through (besides, you can't print white onto clear decals with a computer printer). Everything was given a clear coat afterwards.

Last edited:
My first post!!!!

Here's my Aerotech Cheetah...my first Mid-power rocket after several dozen LP rockets. I made the graphics by customizing pics I found and then printing out onto decal film (used a lot of "practice" paper cut-outs to see where and how things should be arranged before I printed as decals). My daughter and I often start laughing each time we look at it! :D

View attachment 174572View attachment 174573View attachment 174574

Note: I used clear decal film for the ones on the body and then printed the white sneakers onto label paper so that the orange paint of the fins wouldn't bleed through (besides, you can't print white onto clear decals with a computer printer). Everything was given a clear coat afterwards.

That's a very clever finishing scheme.

Good job!

Awesome! I have done a few Chester-themed rockets as well, but your decals take it to another level!

My first post!!!!

View attachment 174572View attachment 174573View attachment 174574

That's a very clever finishing scheme.

Good job!

Awesome! I have done a few Chester-themed rockets as well, but your decals take it to another level!

Hi, I'm actually "RocKen" (had some issues with my earlier posts/account, so I changed my screen name/re-registered)

Thanks Guys! Very much appreciated! :) Just an update that I've flown it successfully once this year on an E28-7 RMS (my first reload and it was great for this rocket!) and it got about 900'. I've been afraid to launch it after that since there is a river about 50' from the launch pads, so there is always a real danger of the rocket going for a swim (I've had one rocket do that). However I've flown much more now and plan on getting "Cheeto" up higher next season...likely with a Dual/Delayed Deploy setup (Jolly Logic's new device sounds like it would be a good choice for this).

Chester Cheetah needs to go faster! :grin:

Last edited:
Back