Another Astorid passes by the Earth.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Weird little site you posted there, Dan.

What's going on is we can detect space objects better these days. Rocks have been flying by and near (and sometimes into) Earth for the planet's entire history. Now, we're more aware of them and can look at them scientifically; we can be less superstitious as to the reasons they "show up" or what they may portend.

I find it a bit unusual that the media has become somewhat mute about just how many "close encounters" we're having lately. We do seem to be in a path or number of "fly-bys" lately.

The Earth has had fly-by's for millions of years, and yet there have been more latley than ever before. Are we at the end or beginning of a cycle?

Weird little site you posted there, Dan.

What's going on is we can detect space objects better these days. Rocks have been flying by and near (and sometimes into) Earth for the planet's entire history. Now, we're more aware of them and can look at them scientifically; we can be less superstitious as to the reasons they "show up" or what they may portend.

Kenn,

I think you know me. I'm a kid at heart. Please don't take the fun out of this! I love this stuff. Come, play with me! Enjoy!

Your like the uncle I never had!

Daniel

Back