Two oldies but goodies (movies)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samb

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Recently enjoyed two good movies on TV; how'd I miss these the first (or second or third) time around ?

The Last Starfighter - video games training pilots. Fiction becomes fact !

Galaxy Quest - funny funny funny. Where's my Star Fleet Tech Manual Mom ?

I've got Galaxy Quest on DVD. I remember when the X and I saw it in the theater, there were two old ladies walking out ahead of us. All they could talk about was Sigourney Weaver's cleavage!? Apparently they didn't believe in the power of duct tape!
Great movie!

Adrian

... All they could talk about was Sigourney Weaver's cleavage!? Apparently they didn't believe in the power of duct tape!
Great movie!

Adrian

Well now that you mention it, she did seem "enhanced" compared to Ripley :). I was just chuckling all the way through: Tim Allen, Sam Rockwell, Tony "Mr. Monk" Shalhoub, Alan Rickman, all great. And Justin Long - "nerd hero". Funny stuff, but not offensive to an old trekkie still "boldly going...".

"It's inside out!

...And it explooooded!"

Funny Stuff.

Ahhhh, Galaxy Quest. Even my kids can quote most of the lines. Funny movie. Wonderful cast. It has been a while though. Guess what I'll be watching tonight :D

I remember when Galaxy Quest came out Sigourney Weaver and Tim Allen were on some talk show and Tim commented that Sigourney's cleavage was somehow supported by 2x4's

I always wished a Star League would recruit me to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-dan Armada

I always wished a Star League would recruit me to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-dan Armada

YES! EXACTLY! But I never scored high enough on Space Invaders.

By Galbrath's Hammer, you shall be avenged!

Patrick Stewart was asked what he thought of Galaxy Quest...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/st/interviews/stewart/page13.shtml

Thanks for the linky. Sums up my feelings very well: funny and touching. Pretty eloquent fellow.

Back