Post a pic that makes you LOL

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok finally......................I had to get in the gutter............thank you

16806655_714379622055427_164326208784508701_n.jpg

The pic I was going to post the other day ,taken by an Earth-based telescope:

transit_iss_moon_101220_25.jpg

Close-up view, showing the International Space Station more clearly, as it transited past the moon:

transit_iss_moon_101220_70_crop-580x580.jpg

I was going to call BS on the ISS picture, no way the apparent size is that big.
But in a totally non-internet manner I did some research, calculated the size compared to the moon.
The size is correct. There is even a site to figure out a transit at your location, https://transit-finder.com
So in theory it can been seen, as a real object not just a dot, with decent binoculars.

M

This is REALLY good.... and funny.

[video=youtube;WJpA_sQEwkM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJpA_sQEwkM[/video]

What an Eclipse would look like if the Earth was Flat.

aZ2xiGu.jpg

Last edited:
I didn't get the joke.

You have never been a victim of a "pull my finger" joke?

It's usually an old guy who tells a kid, "Pull my finger." And when the kid pulls his finger, the old guy farts. Great fun! Maybe that's where the term "old fart" comes from. If your grandpa or uncle or dad has never used this joke on you, then maybe they are unaware of it, and you may have an opportunity to use it on them! "Hey, Dad. Pull my finger." Give it a try and tell us how it works out!

That's a modified Barbie Corvette used at Anthrocon several years ago. The driver is a professional cartoon mascot employed by a big theme park in Florida.

Speed Greifer.jpg

#InternationalWomensDay Apocalypse Begins!

[video=youtube;n0c3ReasoY8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0c3ReasoY8[/video]

EDIT: There's another, much funnier video on this unnecessary event to emphasize the obvious importance of women, but I can't post it because it becomes partisan political after its humorous intro.

It suggests that to further emphasize their apparent displeasure, those women involved should divest themselves of everything invented by men for this day. They would therefore be required to walk everywhere they go, but probably not to work since it was most likely created by a man, not use any communication device of any kind, and not eat anything other than vegetables they harvest themselves (no supermarket shopping for trucked-in processed foods) and any game they can kill with their bare hands since the spear and knife were most likely invented by men. Cooking it might also be out. In other words, anything using nearly any technology ever invented including electricity and most anything that uses it.

EDIT: There's another, much funnier video on this unnecessary event to emphasize the obvious importance of women, but I can't post it because it becomes partisan political after its humorous intro.

It suggests that to further emphasize their apparent displeasure, those women involved should divest themselves of everything invented by men for this day. They would therefore be required to walk everywhere they go, but probably not to work since it was most likely created by a man, not use any communication device of any kind, and not eat anything other than vegetables they harvest themselves (no supermarket shopping for trucked-in processed foods) and any game they can kill with their bare hands since the spear and knife were most likely invented by men. Cooking it might also be out. In other words, anything using nearly any technology ever invented including electricity and most anything that uses it.

What cracks me up is that the same people who are trying to tell us that gender is something foisted upon us an unloving, old-fashioned society are now demonstrating that one gender is demanding its rights!

Back