Post a pic that makes you LOL

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that his glove that goes flying off?

I wonder if his teeth went flying out too.

It's terrible to laugh at such misfortune...

Hahahahahaha!

I couldn't help it.

[video=youtube;nCQGQ5qBQTA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCQGQ5qBQTA[/video]

EDIT: Rocketed beat me to it.... :(

Chingrish from an RC car's manual. There are four 8.5 x 11" pages of this:

16654963672_df11ff3ef5_o.jpg

16468591370_e565cf3eb8_o.jpg

16468591410_023178eec9_o.jpg

16630052756_6e154ee7fe_o.jpg

Here's some funny stuff I've seen at NASA...

First, some JSC engineers hard at work in their morning meeting in the Shuttle Training Facility...
View attachment 120112

Next, a closeup of the stickers on the tables their sitting at... just standard folding tables here, like you'd have at a PTA picnic or something...
View attachment 120113

And another closeup...
View attachment 120114

Now, these are NASA ENGINEERS for pity's sake... REAL honest-to-goodness rocket scientists... and they have to be reminded about GRAVITY and center of gravity and not to sit on the ends of lightweight tables so you don't go @$$ over teakettle?? Hoo-boy... :facepalm:

This one was in the Shuttle Training Facility as well, about 30-40 yards down from the ISS training area where the meeting was taking place... In the shuttle cabin trainer area, where they practice egress from a crashed shuttle (by rappelling down the side of the orbiter mockup by going out the windows, presumably into the water...)
View attachment 120115

Apparently that vacuum's only purpose is to provide suction to deflate "Mae West" floatation devices or something... the only other possible use for "evacuating bladders only" would tend to get very messy and very smelly in short order, I'd imagine... (plus might get you arrested for making love to shop equipment...LOL:))

Finally, from our visit to Kennedy Space Center this past summer, on our tour of Pad 39A, the sign from inside the protected area to describe the alert system...
View attachment 120111

Again, these are NASA "rocket scientists" with, in many cases, close to a decade or more of undergraduate and post-graduate study, and yet they misspelled "personnel"... :facepalm:

You can't make up stuff this good... :)

What's even funnier?? At Epcot, on the "Mission to Mars" ride, as you walk through the "Mission Control" area while standing in line for the ride and make your way down the hallway to the ride entrance a SIMILAR sign is spelled CORRECTLY... *DOH!*... so it's WRONG on the real thing, but RIGHT on the FAKE... :point:

Later! OL JR :)

They may not be making the signs themselves but have contracted sign making out to another source. Scientists are still human and are just as prone to making mistakes as anyone. A higher education only brings the possibility of excelling at a specific field or subject, not overall.

Some programmer's humor.

Q: Why don't jokes work in octal?

A: Because 7 10 11.

How does a programmer fall asleep?

while(!asleep()) sheep++

How long does it take to copy a file in Vista? Yeah, I don't know either, I'm still waiting to find out.

Q: How many Microsoft programmers does it take to change a light bulb?

A: None, they just make darkness a standard and tell everyone, "This behavior is by design."

An infinite number of mathematicians walk into a bar.
The first orders a beer, the second orders half a beer, the third orders a quarter of a beer, the fourth an eighth, and so on.
The bartender looks at the line going out the door, pours two beers and walks away.

A good programmer is someone who looks both ways before crossing a one-way street.

Hardware: The part of a computer that you can kick.

Q: 0 is false and 1 is true, right?
A: 1.

Q: How many programmers does it take to kill a cockroach?
A: Two: one holds, the other installs Windows on it

if(computer.fail==true){
background.setColor(blue);
user.frown();
sys.shutdown();
user.scream("OH, DARN YOU");}

The shortest programmer joke:
"I'm nearly done!"

Three Java programmers go into a bar and sit down at a table. The first programmer holds up two fingers and says "Three beers".

Chuck Norris executes an infinite loop in 3 seconds.

if(you.AreHappy && you.KnowIt){
you.ClapHands();
}

A programmer is at the airport with his wife, and she needs to go to the bathroom so she tells him to stay there and look at the luggage. When she's back the programmer is counting the bags while scratching his head.
--Wife: -What's wrong?
--Prog: -I don't get it. I was there, nobody took a bag, but I have missed one. We had 5 bags, but now we have only 4.
--Wife: -How's that?
--Prog: -Look: zero, one, two, thee, four!

Question: what do you call your programming methodology?
Answer: Faith based development. You code and then pray that it works

"If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0"

"Some things Man was never meant to know. For everything else, there's Google.

"Life would be so much easier if we only had the source code."

Microsoft: "You've got questions. We've got dancing paperclips."

"I'm not anti-social; I'm just not user friendly"

"I had a fortune cookie the other day and it said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."

Explaining recursion:

It was a dark and stormy night, and I says to the captain, captain, tell us a story. And this is the story he told.

It was a dark and stormy night...

An evil psychiatrist kidnaps an engineer, a chemist, and a mathematician to see how their minds work. He locks them in separate cells with a year supply of canned beans and leaves. When he comes back in a year to check on his prisoners, he finds:
The chemist had collected rainwater to corrode the cans of beans so he could eat them. The engineer had taken apart his bed and made a crude can opener out of the parts. The mathematician was slouched on the floor, long since dead.
Written in blood beside the corpse read the following:
Theorem: If I don't eat the beans I will die.
Proof: Assume the opposite and seek a contradiction.

'A man bought this robot that would speak in full conversation, sleep, eat, everything. One morning, he noticed that his robot was not looking his best. He said....

Man: Are you OK ? What happened ?
Robot: I had a horrible nightmare last night !
Man: You can dream ?
Robot: I was dreaming away my usual relaxing dream: 0111011101010001110100100111010001011110010010100 1010001011101010001011001001001010101000101000101 ... when all of the sudden: 0010100000001101001......2'

Programmers must always find balance in life: would use more CPU and less RAM or more RAM and less CPU?

paper airplane sentences.jpg

Randall Munroe (author of XKCD) spoke at a conference my dad went to. I was so jealous. :)

XKCD is the first page I visit every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. :)

She had a hard time wrapping her brain around an intelligent question.

[video=youtube;tUV4iSr9HZs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUV4iSr9HZs[/video]

It feels like a lot is going on in this photo.
The dog in the background is skulking off, somehow aware he's about to be blamed for something.
The girl under the patio is also staying well out of harm's reach.
The guy at poolside appears to have some interesting scorch marks on his right side.

I'm guessing he had an out-of-control grease fire and thought his only option was to shove it into the pool.

Back