Post a pic that makes you LOL

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chicken_zpsc9573142.jpg

[ Eggs just can't get any fresher ]
This is an actual tag line from a local egg farm, I always imagined squeezing a chicken to get a fresher egg....

https://www.jswest.com/index.php/component/content/article/66

That's not Photoshop...that's REAL!
Shirley, you can't be serious. They did a bad job on her left foot. No edge blending.

EDIT: And the motor casing would need to reach beyond anal sphincter levels.

Last edited:
Shirley, you can't be serious. They did a bad job on her left foot. No edge blending.

EDIT: And the motor casing would need to reach beyond anal sphincter levels.

I guess that was a bad joke. Look at my avatar. I've been using it since before the beginning.

I think this one is also amusing on a "meta-level". In a comic, that discusses free speech (and what it isn't), somebody felt compelled to censor the word "asshole" and replace it with "doucebag" (sic).

Unaltered original (always remember to read the mouse-over text on xkcd)
https://xkcd.com/1357/

Reinhard

I think this one is also amusing on a "meta-level". In a comic, that discusses free speech (and what it isn't), somebody felt compelled to censor the word "asshole" and replace it with "doucebag" (sic).

Unaltered original (always remember to read the mouse-over text on xkcd)
https://xkcd.com/1357/

Reinhard

Fortunately for me, it having been censored allowed me to post it on this forum.

Fortunately for me, it having been censored allowed me to post it on this forum.
I figured you found it this way on the net and might have overlooked it. If it was modified by you, for the reason of making it "TRF save", I apologize. Depending on ones perspective the modification is either ironic or an example of leading by example.

I think, but this is only my personal opinion, that it would have been save to post the original version. A lot of it depends on context and in this case it was not directed at a specific person but to bring a point across in an exemplary way. It would have been different if the pure mentioning of the word is likely to denigrate a identifiable group of people (e.g. racial or sexual slurs).
Again, this is only my very insignificant personal opinion, and I admit I was testing the waters a bit by spelling it out. So far I haven't been whacked with a wet trout.

Reinhard

I have to laugh when political correctness reaches this level. These are the actual race neutral person emoji choices in Windows 10 which I believe might be misinterpreted as addressing zombie recipients only, offending non-zombies who are in the vast majority:

a6e7j6xlcu3x7q_retina.png

I guess a blank skin area outline with a question mark might confuse people. How about animated emojis that cycle between various melanin shades? Brother... Oh, well, I don't use emojis anyway.

Back