Post a pic that makes you LOL

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This reminds me of the more intense posters here at TRF.

[video=youtube;jVhlJNJopOQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVhlJNJopOQ[/video]

You have no idea.

I literally just played this clip for my partner about ten minutes ago. I thought it was one of the funniest things I've seen in a while. Because it's about me.
I'm that guy. I actually have a "thing" about bad graphic design, and about lazy designers just using an available font and calling it a logo, and about Papyrus font specifically in fact. While I don't take it quite that far, I do rather obsess about it. I kinda go a bit weird around bad logos and graphics. (I studied in graphic design and used to do it for a living btw).
I'm probably one of those "more intense posters" you were thinking of.....and you would be more right than you know.

There's actually another little graphics/font in-joke at the end of this that some folks will probably miss...I thought it was hilarious.

Only problem with this is that Ryan Gosling is not as good looking as me....but other than that they pretty much nailed it.

s6

Housing developments, restaurant menus, anything remotely related to Egypt, travel brochures. Yes, there are two fonts I loathe, but at least one of them has some purported benefit for folks w/ dyslexia.

You have no idea.

I literally just played this clip for my partner about ten minutes ago. I thought it was one of the funniest things I've seen in a while. Because it's about me.
I'm that guy. I actually have a "thing" about bad graphic design, and about lazy designers just using an available font and calling it a logo, and about Papyrus font specifically in fact. While I don't take it quite that far, I do rather obsess about it. I kinda go a bit weird around bad logos and graphics. (I studied in graphic design and used to do it for a living btw).
I'm probably one of those "more intense posters" you were thinking of.....and you would be more right than you know.

There's actually another little graphics/font in-joke at the end of this that some folks will probably miss...I thought it was hilarious.

Only problem with this is that Ryan Gosling is not as good looking as me....but other than that they pretty much nailed it.

s6

Nah, I don't remember you ever fitting that bill.

I have a group of friends that act this way about Comic Sans. When THAT shows up somewhere, they threaten to burn the interwebs down.

[video=youtube;-6Zc8Co2H3w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6Zc8Co2H3w[/video]

ahah-5.jpg

Back