Post a pic that makes you LOL

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calvin-hobbes-star-wars-drawings-brian-kesinger-34-5a2666699c2c4__880.jpg

We will stop saying "dark side of the moon" just as soon as we stop saying "sunrise" and "sunset," and "dial the phone."

Or using a digital camera to "film" a movie or "film" a video.

To think that in the early 1970's, it cost about $5 for a cartridge of super-8 movie film that lasted about 5 minutes at normal speed, and cost about $10 to develop. About $3 a minute, in 1970's money. Now a $15 memory card can record hours of video, with synchronized sound. And can be edited easily without literally chopping up the original and literally taping the ends together. Not to mention being able to copy the original without any loss of quality.

To think that in the early 1970's, it cost about $5 for a cartridge of super-8 movie film that lasted about 5 minutes at normal speed, and cost about $10 to develop. About $3 a minute, in 1970's money. Now a $15 memory card can record hours of video, with synchronized sound. And can be edited easily without literally chopping up the original and literally taping the ends together. Not to mention being able to copy the original without any loss of quality.
Rewind that statement, I fast forwarded right past the important frames. Yup, my kids will have no idea.

Thanks, I needed help with that one lol

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

After several minutes of thinking “bench” I dumped the pic into google image search and got the answer, rolled my eyes, appreciated those who saw it themselves and chuckled.

I wonder if, while editing digital video, they still talk about "splicing" pieces together?

After several minutes of thinking “bench” I dumped the pic into google image search and got the answer, rolled my eyes, appreciated those who saw it themselves and chuckled.

Okay, I've been going to church most of my life and I still don't get it. "Leia shooting pews"? "Princess blasting pews"?

Back