Post a pic that makes you LOL

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Caution: do not look into the barrel of a loaded weapon.

Excerpt from the DEA manual:
"After visually inspecting the chicken, grasp it firmly in the right hand, then insert the left hand as far as it will go and determine if there are any packages not apparent in the visual search."

Replacing the traditional Smith & Wesson .38 revolver with the Rhode Island Red has not proven very popular with police officers.

Turn your head and cluck.

Reminds me of a joke I played on my niece when she was talking about going to vet school... As you may or may not know, EVERYBODY and their DOG wants to go to vet school, so they are VERY picky about whom they let in... it's harder to get into vet school than medical school! And despite all that, NOBODY wants to be a "large animal" vet (for livestock, horses, cows, goats, sheep, etc...) Everybody wants to be a "small animal" (pet) vet, because they can get rich treating Fluffy and Fido...

Anyway, having been thwarted at that "dream", she elected to do a poultry science degree instead at Purdue... Anyway, when I found that out, I asked her... "So, you wanna be a chicken doctor?? Hmmm... " She answered, "sorta... not really, but yeah, in a way, sorta"... after having set the hook, I asked her nonchalantly, "SO, how do you tell how a chicken is feeling??" At this point I started my doctor routine, where he thumps your chest and feels your abdomen with two extended fingers... I mimed like I was holding a chicken in one hand, and doing the "two finger chest thump" with the other... "Does this hurt??" (thump thump) Then I made a little soft clucking noise like a chicken... "Does this hurt??" (thump thump on the other side of the "chicken"... another soft "cluck cluck"... "Does THIS hurt??" (and then made as if ramming the two fingers straight up the chicken's cloaca (butthole)... "BA-KAAAAKKkkkk!!! Ba-KAAAKKkkk!!!! Ba-kaaaak!!!!!"

We all had a good laugh...

later! OL JR :)

Chicken_zpsc9573142.jpg

... The agent soon realized the 9mm chicken would prove ineffective.

Reminds me of a joke I played on my niece when she was talking about going to vet school... As you may or may not know, EVERYBODY and their DOG wants to go to vet school, so they are VERY picky about whom they let in... it's harder to get into vet school than medical school! And despite all that, NOBODY wants to be a "large animal" vet (for livestock, horses, cows, goats, sheep, etc...) Everybody wants to be a "small animal" (pet) vet, because they can get rich treating Fluffy and Fido...

Anyway, having been thwarted at that "dream", she elected to do a poultry science degree instead at Purdue... Anyway, when I found that out, I asked her... "So, you wanna be a chicken doctor?? Hmmm... " She answered, "sorta... not really, but yeah, in a way, sorta"... after having set the hook, I asked her nonchalantly, "SO, how do you tell how a chicken is feeling??" At this point I started my doctor routine, where he thumps your chest and feels your abdomen with two extended fingers... I mimed like I was holding a chicken in one hand, and doing the "two finger chest thump" with the other... "Does this hurt??" (thump thump) Then I made a little soft clucking noise like a chicken... "Does this hurt??" (thump thump on the other side of the "chicken"... another soft "cluck cluck"... "Does THIS hurt??" (and then made as if ramming the two fingers straight up the chicken's cloaca (butthole)... "BA-KAAAAKKkkkk!!! Ba-KAAAKKkkk!!!! Ba-kaaaak!!!!!"

We all had a good laugh...

later! OL JR :)

Speaking as one who recently received the mandatory screaming, I mean screening required of all men who reach the age of 50 and are employed by Methodist Healthcare:

I am not amused!!!!

Speaking as one who recently received the mandatory screaming, I mean screening required of all men who reach the age of 50 and are employed by Methodist Healthcare:

I am not amused!!!!

I am SOOO on your side with this. Never had one of those, prolly never will.

I am not amused!!!!
I don't know how it is in the US, but here in the UK if you're over 50 you're required to give a "stool sample" every couple of years, which you do by scraping a couple of pieces of the brown stuff while it's on the way out, using a little disposable stick provided, then smear it onto a piece of card. I couldn't be bothered with that, so I just dumped the entire load into a supermarket carrier bag.

If you have a pet dog, which does its business while you're out walking, you're supposed to scoop the stuff up, put it into a bag, then dispose of it - you're not allowed to leave it lying around.

So there I am, on the bus, taking my bag to present to the doctor, and sitting next to me is a nice young lady with a nice dog and a bag. We get to talking. Then it's my stop, I get up, pick up the bag, and leave.

You can probably see where this is going.

According to the test results, I have fleas and am expecting a puppy in five weeks' time.

This has been giving me a chuckle for 50+ years.

View attachment 179532
I used to have a t-shirt with that on it. That image is a rip-off of the 1957 original:

The Old Geezer

https://www.j-a-associates.com/geezer.html

https://www.j-a-associates.com/NAandOG.pdf

In 1957 they also came out with this recruiting song which I much prefer to the "Off We Go" thing. Way too male-specific for the new, unisex AF, though. When the modern USAF band plays it with vocal accompaniment, they change the wording:

[video=youtube;pos1BzW_t2A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pos1BzW_t2A[/video]

I don't know how it is in the US, but here in the UK if you're over 50 you're required to give a "stool sample" every couple of years, which you do by scraping a couple of pieces of the brown stuff while it's on the way out, using a little disposable stick provided, then smear it onto a piece of card. I couldn't be bothered with that, so I just dumped the entire load into a supermarket carrier bag.

If you have a pet dog, which does its business while you're out walking, you're supposed to scoop the stuff up, put it into a bag, then dispose of it - you're not allowed to leave it lying around.

So there I am, on the bus, taking my bag to present to the doctor, and sitting next to me is a nice young lady with a nice dog and a bag. We get to talking. Then it's my stop, I get up, pick up the bag, and leave.

According to the test results, I have fleas and am expecting a puppy in five weeks' time.
:lol:

LOL:)

"Required" eh...

Don't know about you all, but I'm about sick and d@mn tired of being "REQUIRED" to do this sort of crap...

D@mn stupid insurance *requires* we go for "health screenings" every year... Betty gets our insurance through the school, and so she schedules us to go in when they're having some little travelling clinic monkey show come into one of the schools and do all this crap. I'm sick and tired of it. If you don't do it, your insurance goes up like 20%...

I'm about ready to say to h3ll with all of it... I don't even give a sh!t if I have insurance or not... just friggin sick to death of all of it. H3ll it's not worth the paper its written on anyway. Just a robber baron scam...

Maybe I'm getting old and crotchety, but that's how I feel about it. Guess I'll REALLY have a bad attitude when I'm over 50...

Later! OL JR :)

"Required" eh...

Don't know about you all, but I'm about sick and d@mn tired of being "REQUIRED" to do this sort of crap...

D@mn stupid insurance *requires* we go for "health screenings" every year... Betty gets our insurance through the school, and so she schedules us to go in when they're having some little travelling clinic monkey show come into one of the schools and do all this crap. I'm sick and tired of it. If you don't do it, your insurance goes up like 20%...

I'm about ready to say to h3ll with all of it... I don't even give a sh!t if I have insurance or not... just friggin sick to death of all of it. H3ll it's not worth the paper its written on anyway. Just a robber baron scam...

Maybe I'm getting old and crotchety, but that's how I feel about it. Guess I'll REALLY have a bad attitude when I'm over 50...

Later! OL JR :)

"Mandatory" hack me off too.

Right now, though, I miss the coverage. I lost mine again on 1 July. Somewhere around the 5th, I started needing a bunch of root canals and they all came straight out of my empty pockets.

Hopefully, I'll have coverage again by September and even get coverage for the wife.

"Required" eh...

It was supposed to be a joke. ;)

We aren't really required to fill in the card, but it's a good idea because the purpose is to check for signs of bowel cancer. If that's detected early enough, there's a good chance of getting it treated. Failure to submit to screening may therefore carry a death penalty, not imposed by the government...

Meanwhile, back to the pictures:

funny-Wisconsin-sign-falling-letters.jpg

Not a funny picture, but a funny obituary written in advance (of course) by the recently deceased:

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/timesleader/obituary.aspx?n=kevin-j-mcgroarty&pid=171858898

30184_web_mcgroarty_large_obit_photo_20140725.jpg

WEST PITTSTON — McGroarty Achieves Room Temperature!

Kevin J. McGroarty, 53, of West Pittston, died Tuesday, July 22, 2014, after battling a long fight with mediocracy.

Born 1960 in the Nesbitt Hospital, he was the bouncing baby boy of the late Lt. Col. Edward M. McGroarty and Helen Jane (Hudson) McGroarty, whom the New York Times should have noted as extraordinary parents.

He was baptized at St. Cecilia Church, Exeter, which later burned to the ground, attended Butler Street Elementary, which was later torn down, and middle school at 6th Street in Wyoming, now an apartment building.

He enjoyed elaborate practical jokes, over-tipping in restaurants, sushi and Marx Brother's movies. He led a crusade to promote area midget wrestling, and in his youth was noted for his many unsanctioned daredevil stunts.

He was preceded in death by brother, Airborne Ranger Lt. Michael F. McGroarty, and many beloved pets, Chainsaw, an English Mastiff in Spring 2009, Baron, an Irish Setter in August 1982, Peter Max, a turtle, Summer 1968; along with numerous house flies and bees, but they were only acquaintances.

McGroarty leaves behind no children (that he knows of), but if he did their names would be son, "Almighty Thor" McGroarty; and daughter, "Butter Cup Patchouli."

McGroarty was a veteran of the advertising industry since 1983. McGroarty was a pioneer in Apple computing, purchasing one of the first in the Wyoming Valley in 1985. He would like to remind his friends: "Please, don't email me, I'm dead."

McGroraty was a founding partner of Pyramid Advertising, and finally principal owner of award-winning Rhino Media until 2006. He was also an adjunct instructor at Luzerne County Community College, from 2005-2009.

He will be laid to rest at Mount Olivet Cemetery, section 7N. He asks to please make note of his new address. McGroarty's headstone reads: "I'll Be Right Back," one of his favorite sayings. He leaves this world with few regrets, one being told in grade school, his adult life would see the Hershey candy bar rise in cost to over a dollar. He maintained given the resources and initiative, he would rally the good citizens of the Commonwealth to a revolution that would force that price to its original 35-cent market value, a dream he was not able to fulfill, by his own admission the reason: "I was distracted by many beautiful women."

In lieu of flowers, friends are asked to please give generously to the Pennsylvania State Police Troop "P" Camp Cadet Fund.

A Mass of Christian Burial will be held at 10 a.m. Monday in St. Cecilia Church of St. Barbara Parish, 1700 Wyoming Ave., Exeter, following a brief rant of how the government screwed up all of the Bugs Bunny cartoons trying to censor violence. This will be presented by his attorney, Bret Zankel, Esq. Friends may call from 9 to 10 a.m. Monday in the church.

McGroarty leaves behind a thought for all to ponder, given years of gathering wisdom from different religions and deep study of the Greek philosophers: "It costs nothing to be nice" and "Never stick a steak knife in an electrical outlet."

Arrangements by the Metcalfe-Shaver-Kopcza Funeral Home Inc., 504 Wyoming Ave., Wyoming.

Published in Times Leader from July 25 to July 26, 2014

Not a funny picture, but a funny obituary written in advance (of course) by the recently deceased:

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/timesleader/obituary.aspx?n=kevin-j-mcgroarty&pid=171858898

30184_web_mcgroarty_large_obit_photo_20140725.jpg

WEST PITTSTON — McGroarty Achieves Room Temperature!

Kevin J. McGroarty, 53, of West Pittston, died Tuesday, July 22, 2014, after battling a long fight with mediocracy.

Born 1960 in the Nesbitt Hospital, he was the bouncing baby boy of the late Lt. Col. Edward M. McGroarty and Helen Jane (Hudson) McGroarty, whom the New York Times should have noted as extraordinary parents.

He was baptized at St. Cecilia Church, Exeter, which later burned to the ground, attended Butler Street Elementary, which was later torn down, and middle school at 6th Street in Wyoming, now an apartment building.

He enjoyed elaborate practical jokes, over-tipping in restaurants, sushi and Marx Brother's movies. He led a crusade to promote area midget wrestling, and in his youth was noted for his many unsanctioned daredevil stunts.

He was preceded in death by brother, Airborne Ranger Lt. Michael F. McGroarty, and many beloved pets, Chainsaw, an English Mastiff in Spring 2009, Baron, an Irish Setter in August 1982, Peter Max, a turtle, Summer 1968; along with numerous house flies and bees, but they were only acquaintances.

McGroarty leaves behind no children (that he knows of), but if he did their names would be son, "Almighty Thor" McGroarty; and daughter, "Butter Cup Patchouli."

McGroarty was a veteran of the advertising industry since 1983. McGroarty was a pioneer in Apple computing, purchasing one of the first in the Wyoming Valley in 1985. He would like to remind his friends: "Please, don't email me, I'm dead."

McGroraty was a founding partner of Pyramid Advertising, and finally principal owner of award-winning Rhino Media until 2006. He was also an adjunct instructor at Luzerne County Community College, from 2005-2009.

He will be laid to rest at Mount Olivet Cemetery, section 7N. He asks to please make note of his new address. McGroarty's headstone reads: "I'll Be Right Back," one of his favorite sayings. He leaves this world with few regrets, one being told in grade school, his adult life would see the Hershey candy bar rise in cost to over a dollar. He maintained given the resources and initiative, he would rally the good citizens of the Commonwealth to a revolution that would force that price to its original 35-cent market value, a dream he was not able to fulfill, by his own admission the reason: "I was distracted by many beautiful women."

In lieu of flowers, friends are asked to please give generously to the Pennsylvania State Police Troop "P" Camp Cadet Fund.

A Mass of Christian Burial will be held at 10 a.m. Monday in St. Cecilia Church of St. Barbara Parish, 1700 Wyoming Ave., Exeter, following a brief rant of how the government screwed up all of the Bugs Bunny cartoons trying to censor violence. This will be presented by his attorney, Bret Zankel, Esq. Friends may call from 9 to 10 a.m. Monday in the church.

McGroarty leaves behind a thought for all to ponder, given years of gathering wisdom from different religions and deep study of the Greek philosophers: "It costs nothing to be nice" and "Never stick a steak knife in an electrical outlet."

Arrangements by the Metcalfe-Shaver-Kopcza Funeral Home Inc., 504 Wyoming Ave., Wyoming.

Published in Times Leader from July 25 to July 26, 2014

This guy did a great service to himself and the community by writing his own obit! Well done McGroarty!

Another funny obit:

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/timescolonist/obituary.aspx?pid=171625687

461134_20140705.jpg

George FERGUSON. What to say about George? Certainly, no one could accuse him of having been a loving son, brother, or father. He'd gladly have stolen the shirt off your back and he was generous to a fault with other people's money. Was he a small-time con-man with grandiose schemes? Probably. But another view of him is that he was the most exciting member of his family and of the families he married into. He was a poor man's rhetorician who beguiled certain woman into buying into his promises and dreams. This latter view is lent some support by the fact that he was a United Church minister who passionately improvised sermons for congregations in Quesnel, Barkerville, Bella Bella, Greenwood, Nipawin, Sask. and Kelowna. It is impossible to say whether or not George was actually religious. Anyway, God's name rarely came up when George was flush.

George eventually became one of Oak Bay's characters. In the 1970's, he was an owner of the Blethering Place, along with his second wife, Janet. They also started the Old Blighty on Oak Bay Ave. They owned an antique store on the corner of Oak Bay and Foul Bay and they even had an auction, at which George was notable for having a parrot on his shoulder. One of his best stories was about being in his car with his new friend Chris in the seat beside him when it was suddenly surrounded by heavily-armed police officers. This was the beginning of the famous Rocancourt arrest scene of 2001. Some of George's favourite watering holes were the Oak Bay Beach Hotel, the Oak Bay Golf Club, and the Marina. Of late, George had to travel to and from these places on his senior's scooter, which he drove as recklessly - and sometimes as drunkenly - as he had driven his cars in earlier years.

George was always an optimist about his future. Right up until the aftermath of his last surgery, he hoped that he could get into sufficiently good shape to charm another woman into supporting him, or perhaps invent something that would make him a billionaire or maybe even win the lottery! He never complained about his later lot in life, living cheerfully in a small apartment that was just barely on the right side of the Tweed Curtain.

While George did not live well by some people's lights, it should be universally accepted that he did die well. In hospital, two days beforehand, he said he'd finished with the medical procedures he had been avidly seeking for the past few years; he said he was 'checking out'. He was completely calm and committed to the decision. The next day, we brought in some beer, toasted his life with him, drank with him, and helped him to make several thoughtful good-bye phone calls. He reminisced a bit and gave us a few unhelpful instructions. He died without pain the next evening, from a slow gastric bleed, with his wits about him and a light heart.

Turns out, his timing was impeccable: the next day we found out that he had been racking up ominous bank and credit card debts. Clearly, those supplemental incomes were about to dry up. In earlier years, George would sometimes slip out of a town after he had accumulated local debts and after the relevant woman's purse had been snapped shut. But of late, he was in no condition to skip town. And women just don't see old men on scooters as the stuff of their dreams - they see them as impending burdens. Perhaps George felt cornered. Perhaps he thought that, under his present circumstances, dying was the only way out. Whatever the story, no one can deny that George made his final exit with style and grace.

Also not a pic, just funny:

Air Force Wisdom

"It is generally inadvisable to eject directly over the area you just bombed." — US Air Force Manual

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword, obviously never encountered laser guided bombs." — Bomber Pilot

"Never tell your Sgt. you have nothing to do." - USAF Recuit

"If you see a bomb technician running, try to keep up with him." — USAF Ammo Troop

"You've never been lost until you've been lost at Mach 3." — Paul F. Crickmore (SR71 test pilot)

"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire." — Unknown Author

"If the wings are traveling faster than the fuselage it has to be a helicopter and therefore, unsafe." — Fixed Wing Pilot

"When one engine fails on a twin-engine airplane, you always have enough power left to get you safely to the scene of the crash." — Multi-Engine Training Manual

"Without ammunition, the USAF is just an expensive flying club." — Unknown Author

"If you hear me yell; 'Eject, Eject, Eject!,' the last two will be echos. If you stop to ask 'Why?' you"ll be talking to yourself, because you are now the pilot." — Pre-flight Briefing from a F-104 Pilot

"What is the similarity between air traffic controllers and pilots? If a pilot screws up, the pilot dies; but If ATC screws up... the pilot dies." — Sign over Control Tower Door

"Airspeed, altitude and brains. Two are always needed to successfully complete the flight." — Basic Flight Training Manual

"Mankind has a perfect record in aviation — we have never left one up there!" — Unknown Author

"Flying the airplane is more important than radioing your plight to a person on the ground incapable of understanding or doing anything about it." — Emergency Checklist

"The Piper Cub is the safest airplane in the world; it can just barely kill you." — Attributed to Max Stanley (Northrop test pilot)

"There is no reason to fly through a thunderstorm in peacetime." — Sign over Squadron Ops Desk at Davis-Montham AFB, AZ

"If something hasn't broken on your helicopter, it's about to." — Sign over Carrier Group Operations Desk

"You know that your landing gear is up and locked when it takes full power to taxi to the terminal." — Lead-in Fighter Training Manual

As the test pilot climbs out of the experimental aircraft, having torn off the wings and tail in the crash landing, the crash truck arrives. The rescuer sees a bloodied pilot and asks, "What the heck happened here?" The pilot replies: "I don't know, I just got here myself!"

Air Force Aircraft Squawks

"Squawks" are problem listings that pilots generally leave for maintenance crews to fix before the next flight. Here are some squawks submitted by US Air Force pilots and the replies from the maintenance crews.

Problem: "Left inside main tire almost needs replacement."

Solution: "Almost replaced left inside main tire."

Problem: "Test flight OK, except autoland very rough."

Solution: "Autoland not installed on this aircraft."

Problem: "The autopilot doesn't."

Signed Off: "IT DOES NOW."

Problem: "Something loose in cockpit."

Solution: "Something tightened in cockpit."

Problem: "Evidence of hydraulic leak on right main landing gear."

Solution: "Evidence removed."

Problem: "Number three engine missing."

Solution: "Engine found on right wing after brief search."

Problem: "DME volume unbelievably loud."

Solution: "Volume set to more believable level."

Problem: Dead bugs on windshield.

Solution: Live bugs on order.

Problem: Autopilot in altitude hold mode produces a 200 fpm descent.

Solution: Cannot reproduce problem on ground.

Problem: IFF inoperative.

Solution: IFF inoperative in OFF mode.

Problem: Friction locks cause throttle levers to stick.

Solution: That's what they're there for.

Problem: Aircraft handles funny.

Solution: Aircraft warned to straighten up, "fly right" and be serious!

Problem: Target Radar hums.

Solution: Reprogrammed Target Radar with the lyrics

Pilot One Liners

Q: What is the ideal cockpit crew?

A: A pilot and a dog…the pilot is there to feed the dog, and the dog is there to bite the pilot in case he tries to touch anything.

Q: How many pilots does it take to change a light bulb?

A: Just one. He holds the bulb and the world revolves around him.

Q: How do you know if a pilot is at your party?

A: He’ll tell you.

Q: How do you know when you are half way through a date with a pilot?

A: Because he says: “Thats enough about flying, let’s talk about me!”

Q: What’s the purpose of the propeller?

A: To keep the pilot cool. If you don’t think so, just stop it and watch him sweat!

Air Force and Army Archrivals

There's a Senior Airman driving from McChord AFB to Ft Lewis, and an Army Corporal driving from Ft Lewis to McChord AFB. In the middle of the night with no other cars on the road they hit each other head on and both cars go flying off in different directions.

The Senior Airman manages to climb out of his car and surveys the damage. He looks at his twisted car and says,....."Man, I am really lucky to be alive!"

Likewise the Army Corporal scrambles out of his car and looks at his wreckage. He too says to himself, ..... "I can't believe I survived this wreck!"

The Corporal walks over to the Airman and says,...... "Hey man, I think this is a sign from God that we should put away our petty differences and live as friends instead of archrivals"

The Airman thinks for a moment and says, ...... "You know, you're absolutely right! We should be friends. I'm going see what else survived this wreck"

So the Airman pops open his trunk and finds a full, unopened bottle of Jack Daniels.

He says to the Corporal, "I think this is another sign from God that we should toast to our new found understanding and friendship"

The Corporal replies, "You're damn right!" and he grabs the bottle and starts sucking down Jack Daniels. After putting away nearly half the bottle the Corporal hands it back to the Airman and says, "Your turn!"

The Airman twists the cap back on the bottle and says, "No thanks, I think I'll just wait for the cops to arrive."

------------

There's a great cartoon for this somewhere. Panel 5 was more valid back before the end of the cold war:

Panel 1: A soldier sitting in a water-filled foxhole in the rain says forlornly, "This place sucks..."

Panel 2: Marines are storming a beach under heavy fire. One shouts to the other, "I love how this place sucks!"

Panel 3: A sailor peers through a porthole at the Marines storming the beach and says, "Looks like that place sucks!"

Panel 4: Two SEALs are up to their noses in an insect-infested swamp. One says to the other, "This place doesn't suck enough!"

Panel 5: An airman sits in an overstuffed hotel easy chair. A fan blows through his hair. He's holding an iced drink in one hand and a television remote in the other. He says, "What? No cable? This place sucks!"

There's a great cartoon for this somewhere. Panel 5 was more valid back before the end of the cold war:

Panel 1: A soldier sitting in a water-filled foxhole in the rain says forlornly, "This place sucks..."

Panel 2: Marines are storming a beach under heavy fire. One shouts to the other, "I love how this place sucks!"

Panel 3: A sailor peers through a porthole at the Marines storming the beach and says, "Looks like that place sucks!"

Panel 4: Two SEALs are up to their noses in an insect-infested swamp. One says to the other, "This place doesn't suck enough!"

Panel 5: An airman sits in an overstuffed hotel easy chair. A fan blows through his hair. He's holding an iced drink in one hand and a television remote in the other. He says, "What? No cable? This place sucks!"

Just a quick web search showed one for the US and one for the UK:

11kcNIF.jpg guardsmen_1.jpg

Don't replicate the search without parental controls on.

Back