Post a pic that makes you LOL

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
28085504120_21c0463f16_o.jpg

Winston, I think you killed the thread.
If you're referring to the possibility it was too risque, it's less so than some in this thread. I know because I've seen them and even they were very mild compared to some I've seen in the humor threads of other closely administrated, supposedly family friendly tech hobby forums much larger than this one. However, as much as I laughed at them, I've NOT posted them here because they are beyond the risque level allowed here.

It was the summer of 2009: the middle of the h1n1 epidemic. We had just landed in Shanghai airport, and before they would let us off the plane, a bunch of guys boarded in HAZMAT suits to take everyone's temperature.
They seemed distant, and rather threatening at first. To make matters worse, my wife is prone to motion sickness, and she had just thrown up all over me and our son. It was a bit awkward to say the least. (Naw naw! Ain't nobody sick here!)

Anyway, never one to miss an opportunity, I asked our guy (in hand gestures) whether I could take his picture. He immediately broke character and struck this pose.
(Note: Everyone in China raises two fingers when posing for a photograph. I hope it isn't a lingering effect of Nixon.)

OK. Maybe you had to be there. :smile:

HazMatGuy.jpg

It was the summer of 2009: the middle of the h1n1 epidemic. We had just landed in Shanghai airport, and before they would let us off the plane, a bunch of guys boarded in HAZMAT suits to take everyone's temperature.
They seemed distant, and rather threatening at first. To make matters worse, my wife is prone to motion sickness, and she had just thrown up all over me and our son. It was a bit awkward to say the least. (Naw naw! Ain't nobody sick here!)

Anyway, never one to miss an opportunity, I asked our guy (in hand gestures) whether I could take his picture. He immediately broke character and struck this pose.
(Note: Everyone in China raises two fingers when posing for a photograph. I hope it isn't a lingering effect of Nixon.)

OK. Maybe you had to be there. :smile:

Great story and picture! I noticed that with one hand he is holding up two fingers, but with the other hand, he is very subtly giving you the bird...

Back