Post a pic that makes you LOL

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IMG_0530.JPG

Sign of the times...
CyRv_1GXEAA07Jz.jpg

race_bannon_in_star_quest_by_johntrumbull-d6m5g9y.jpg

I trust most of you out there are old enough to get the joke. For those who don't Google "Jonny Quest" and the character Race Bannon. Have a great weekend everyone!

Outer Limits. Futuristic tale in which humans have colonized a planet that has no night. People have to wear solar goggles to go outside. The guy in the picture mutated. It was a weird one.
Yep, that's it. Besides the sun, it was the rain that led to the bugeye thing if you were caught out in it.

Most of the old Outer Limits are not very good and might have been much better as half hour shows, not full hour. In the bugeye one, a HUGE amount of time was wasted on a romance that had absolutely nothing to do with the plot nor did it gain any real human interest sympathy for those involved in it. Too many of those shows had too much stuff like that which was just boring, useless filler to take up time.

There are a few gems, though, even in the old series. One of the great ones in the Outer Limits reboot in the 90s was the episode "Inconstant Moon" based upon the Hugo Award winning sci-fi short story of the same name by Larry Niven. Of course, that would be the one episode I can't even find to buy.

Ha! We were just talking about Tanya Harding and Nancy Kerrigan yesterday at work.

This reminds me of the more intense posters here at TRF.

[video=youtube;jVhlJNJopOQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVhlJNJopOQ[/video]

Back