Still smoke free.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Urges are just urges and are easy to overcome. After a rich meal I want a dip so bad, but a couple seconds of just laughing at the urge knowing I am above it actually gives me a boost. I am sure most who are done with such things get the same joy.

Way to go Scotty.I tried to post a congrats last night at midnight your time but it wouldn't take.What a Huge accomplishment.You can't quit for 25 years without quitting the first year.

It's been four weeks today for me. I would kill any one of you for a cigarette right now. Seriously.

First off way to go Scotty ! secondly Ive not smoked myself in over 5 years , I still have urges and they still smell good when some one nearby lights up . The thing that helps me is to remind myself 5 bucks a pack times 365 a year holy molly 2 grand a year more for rocket stuff .....oh and double that cause my wife quit with me !

It's been four weeks today for me. I would kill any one of you for a cigarette right now. Seriously.
Oh, a tough guy ahhh? Whats serious ,is the fact that you need to tough it out. There is no way to sugar coat quiting smoking
Anywhoo- Im pulling for ya...( :clap:) Im so glad to be smoke free and I trully wish eveyrone could quit. Its such a FREE feeling.

Thanks also to ALL that have supported me over the last year. And all the congrats.

Thanks Scotty, quitting a forty year old habit isn't going to be easy, I know that. It's like saying goodbye to an old friend for the last time. My wife still smoking is making it that much harder, the smell is always present and right in my face. I've tried quitting many times before, one time I made it six months before diving right back in. This time I'm quitting with my daughter so we're supporting each other. God willing I will make it stick this time.

I've put on ten pounds since quitting, that's going to be another problem to deal with this year.

I've put on ten pounds since quitting, that's going to be another problem to deal with this year.
BIG PROBLEM!!!! I ended up (in the last year) putting on about 20-25lbs.
Im a little dude at 5-6 and Ive weighed in between 150-160lbs since HS. Last check I was tipping the scale at 182.

Well it's been a little over 8 weeks now without any nicotine and I still am craving hard. I am determined that I will not smoke again and I am eating a ton of sugar free Popsicles. I think that I've traded one habit for another.

Last cigarette 17 years ago today.

Hang in there those that are fighting the battle.

-Phil

After 19 years of a >1 1/2 pack a day habit, I quit with the help of the nicotine gum and Tic-Tacs. It has been a little over 25 years now.

I remember someone told me -- sometime during the first few weeks -- "there will come a time when you won't even think about having a cigarette." I told them that I wished I could have a thought OTHER THAN about having a cigarette!

It was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life.

Stay the course!

NikeMikey

Well it's been a little over 8 weeks now without any nicotine and I still am craving hard. I am determined that I will not smoke again and I am eating a ton of sugar free Popsicles. I think that I've traded one habit for another.

Last cigarette 17 years ago today.

Hang in there those that are fighting the battle.

-Phil

After 19 years of a >1 1/2 pack a day habit, I quit with the help of the nicotine gum and Tic-Tacs. It has been a little over 25 years now.

I remember someone told me -- sometime during the first few weeks -- "there will come a time when you won't even think about having a cigarette." I told them that I wished I could have a thought OTHER THAN about having a cigarette!

It was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life.

Stay the course!

NikeMikey
Good for all of you. keep it up.
Im now doing the diet thing.
Nothing radicial, its more like a trade off. Instead of a greasy home fried donut at 6:30 and a 700 + cal muffin at 9;00 5 days a week,I skip the donut and have a bowl of oatmeal and a banana instead of the muffin at 9:00.
Less bread and more fruits and veggies.
I need to get in shape for my mankini.Summer is coming....or not!!Still getting that below zero crap!!!!

I started vaping June 2012....1 year 9 months since I've had a tobacco cigarette.

1 year 9 months since I've had: headache, stress attack, asthma issues, allergy issues, stinky clothes, smokers breath, hacking cough, empty wallet.

I can smell things, taste things, I don't stink....plus I can vape inside, in the car, in bed.....and it's cheap. My monthly costs are around $30.....

Well I made it...and today is also my b-day so I'm 45 and 1.Next year will be 46 and 2 for all you Tool fans out there.The better news is I finally guilted the wife to quit."How can you keep such a clean house and have it smell like ****."She has had chantix for 2 years and she finally started them.I think I'm prouder of her 2 weeks than my 1 year.The real kicker in this is I quit cold...with nothing but will power,as I drank everyday.Quiting cold turkey and still drinking everyday is brutally hard....So I quit drinking after 20 plus years of a drunkin haze...Over 7 months now.I put 15 pounds after getting sober...much needed wieght... I got up to 172 pounds from 155 and I'm 6'2".Feeling great and then....Shingles.My god I want nobody to ever get this.ever.2 months of hell and pain meds...lost all the weight back plus 5 more.

On February 28th it was 34 years since my last cigarette.

To everyone fighting the battle, keep going and it will get easier with time.

Well I made it...and today is also my b-day so I'm 45 and 1.Next year will be 46 and 2 for all you Tool fans out there.The better news is I finally guilted the wife to quit."How can you keep such a clean house and have it smell like ****."She has had chantix for 2 years and she finally started them.I think I'm prouder of her 2 weeks than my 1 year.The real kicker in this is I quit cold...with nothing but will power,as I drank everyday.Quiting cold turkey and still drinking everyday is brutally hard....So I quit drinking after 20 plus years of a drunkin haze...Over 7 months now.I put 15 pounds after getting sober...much needed wieght... I got up to 172 pounds from 155 and I'm 6'2".Feeling great and then....Shingles.My god I want nobody to ever get this.ever.2 months of hell and pain meds...lost all the weight back plus 5 more.
WOW,you got a lot going on. Glad your handling it OK. Good for you. Im sober also..only got drunk once..lasted about 15 years tho...

Close enough....
Unless I fall hard between now and morning....it will be 2 YEARS BABY!!!! :wave:

Well done sir, well done. My mother was a heavy smoker and it bothered me so I never took up the habit. However, I know others who have tried to quit and I know it is very difficult. Glad to hear you are still smoke free.

Zyban is a good drug. It works really well if you are serious about quitting. The again, so does cold turkey.

Having quit a long, long time ago, 2003, I can tell you that it only gets easier with time, until you get to the point where you can't even immagine why you smoked in the first place.
Now I can't stand to be around Cigarrette Smoke because to me it smells absolutely disgusting like B.O.
Keep up the effort, it is well worth it.

Well said.....15 years without a smoke for me.

I look at smoking as.. SMOKES or MOTOR RELOADs which is more fun, thats right , if I'm going to watch something go up in smoke it might as well do it at over 100 miles per hour. I gave up smoking a pipe 8 years ago. For what a carton of smokes cost now I can buy a lot of MPR reloads.

13-years smoke-free for me next month... I can still remember how hard it was to quit, and that in and of itself is reason enough never to pick that habit up again! Congrats to everyone here that has put them down and left them down.

Do you still look at the cigs when you are in line at the store? I do... $5.19 a pack at WalMart for my once favored "cowboy killers" A man could run his finances into the ground on this habit alone.

Vantage Tech 13.
Sounds like a cool name for a rocket..ah?
NO.............its a new cigarett.
CRAZY..I was reading about Renolds recall of 4 kinds of ciggaretts..seems they are not good for you!!! HA, NO SH!T !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But theses ones are really really bad..so they say..so they are recalling them.
What about the other types of cigs???? Arent they bad for you??
Well, only a little bad and that makes them OK?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Makes absolutely no sense to me.

Anywhoo...Im still smoke free and at this point its like TopRamen said, after enough time..one wont even care about them and cant see why one eevr started in the first place.
Thats where Im at..I cant imagin me-self smoking..CRAZY POOP!

Last edited:
Back