Bicycles w/ a high Cf rating

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ckreef

Reaction score
OK so I'm bored tonight --- Lets see any Bicycles that have a high Cf rating. Mine can't be the only one :cyclops:

I consider mine a 9 out of 10 Cf rating but YMMV.
It was custom built buy a builder in Canada. Although there are maybe a handful or two similar bicycles there is no exact copy. It is a unique bicycle across the entire world. I've had it for about 7 years now and consider it one of my better purchases in my life. When I can no longer ride my son will get it. The features include:

Axle to axle length of almost 6 feet. (If your not 5' 11" tall you might have issues)
Springer seat height of only 2 feet off the deck.
Springer front forks.
2 full length chains to complete the drive train.
7 speed Shimano internal geared rear hub.
1970's vintage Schwinn Stingray suicide shifter.
Back pedal brake system.
Beach cruiser handle bars.
Metalic Lime Green powder coated paint job.

As it came shipped from Canada. It had to be in parts otherwise the import tariffs would have been much higher.;
01boxed.jpg

This is the parts.
03parts.jpg

Frame detail.
04framedetail.jpg

Rear dropouts.
05dropouts.jpg

1970's vintage Schwinn Stingray suicide shifter modified for 7 speeds
08shifter.jpg

Last edited:
These tube caps are very, very sharp :sad:
09tubecaps.jpg

Finished building.
10complete.jpg

Ready to ride.
DailyAddict.jpg

Cruise-in
cckriding01.jpg

All you need is some aluminum foil in the spokes and you've got what the kids locally call a "spinner".

Very nice. Excellent paint, too.

Interesting looking bike! How comfortable is it to ride for long periods of time?

What does "Cf rating" mean?

-Kevin

Interesting looking bike! How comfortable is it to ride for long periods of time?

What does "Cf rating" mean?

-Kevin

I've been on it for 4 hours or more at a time. Assuming your feet can touch the pedals it's actually easy to ride since your CG is low to the ground. Turning around requires a wider then normal area. Only draw back is you can not stand up to pedal (I haven't been brave enough to try.) The 7 speed internal hub has the same basic gear ratio as the original 10 speeds from back in the day so I have never failed to pedal up a large hill with a little effort. Not sure I would take it on a really long ride but cruise-in around downtown Macon it is a crowd please'r.

Cf = Cool factor :grin: got that one off these forums

All told I spent about $1,600 which included the shifter off e-bay, shipping and import tariffs from Canada. That was 7 or 8 years ago.

I think he still builds them. Website hasn't changed since I e-mailed him way back when. If I had the money I would get another one w/ a different frame style.

https://www.jakz.com/page0002.html

CF is understatement! At first thought it was carbon fiber, but read your thread on what it means.

Sheesh, only cool thing about my K2 Attack 2.0 is the weather, I like to ride it this time of year. Coldest ride this winter was -22 deg F. Studded Nokian tires when it gets icy, means not crashing on high speed corners...

Fantastic looking bike, looks awesome!

Mike

Well, I'm a long time "bike guy" so I've got LOTS of "cf bikes" in my history. The cool factor is very different for each one, as for some it's about style, some it's about performance, some it's about utility, and some it's about "wtf?!". I've raced mountain and road, I've done LOTS of long distance loaded touring (my real passion), and I've been a utility/commuter bike guy most of my life. I also used to work in the industry, so I've been connected to a lot of the culture in many different arenas.

But I'll add one that's in keeping with the type you posted. This is actually from quite a ways back - at least 10 or 12 years ago. This was really before the whole "stretched beach cruiser thing" took off and they really weren't commercially available for the most part. I designed and built it pretty much all from scratch. There were a couple of (mostly custom one-off) stretched cruisers out there at the time, and it's obviously a take on that genre, but the rest of the inspiration came from hill climber motorcycles.

longbike for atomiczombie.jpg

s6

Stealth6 that is totally kewl -- I knew somebody had to have a similar bicycle. Springer seat and front forks and even more stretched then mine.

That is what you call a real "Stretch Limo"

Back