Anybody recommend a good weed sprayer?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BABAR

Builds Rockets for NASA
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I know you get what you pay for, but sometimes just because it is more expensive doesn't make it better. Anybody know a good two gallon hand pump weed sprayer? I want to get two, one for round up and other for lawn safe broad leaf applications. The ones I get clog up pretty quick. Do they have one with an inline filter? In Tennessee the weeds come back before the Bermuda grass.

Thanks,

Tom

Tom
I have no recommendations on a brand of sprayer but you are correct higher cost does not necessarily equal better quality. Check with the local farm stores and look to see what the lawn care folks have on their trucks.
If your sprayer is clogging you might want to pour your mix through a paint filter when you dump it in the sprayer. That should eliminate the larger chunks.

I bought one from walmart about 15 years ago, I think it's a Scotts brand, it was the cheapest one they had at the time. It is still going strong after twice a year use spraying round up through it.

About five years ago I decided that I needed a second one for spraying insecticide. I bought another cheap one, this time from dollar general, it's been working fine.

After I use them they get a good rinsing, maybe this is why they've lasted so long.

Back