Apogee POF - Sea Snake (#142) Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidQ

Reaction score
The Sea Snake was in newsletter 142. It's also of the 1.176" diameter, so I again used Quest 30mm tube, which is 1.18" - close enough for cloning work.

View attachment 114565

I could have used a brighter green, but didn't go looking for one. So I went with a lighter green, which I think was the same as I used on my Klingon war bird. Oh well, close enough for cloning work.

View attachment 114566

Attachments

• Sea Snake.JPG
    Sea Snake.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 246
  • SeaSnake.jpg
    SeaSnake.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 245
Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the Apogee POF Sea Snake (#142) Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the Apogee POF Sea Snake (#142) and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Apogee POF: Sea Snake: #142

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
Apogee POF Sea Snake (#142) Basic Information.

apogee%20pof%20trf.gif
Apogee Peak of Flight Newsletter (POF)

MODEL NAME: Sea Snake Also known as:

NUMBER: #142

Introduced: 2005
Final Year:
Designer: Shrox

Type: Pseudo Ordnance
Motor Mount:
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length:
Diameter:
Span:
Weight:

Mfg. Description:

Advertising Liveries

apogee%20pof-sea%20snake%20142-pof%20142.jpg
POF 142

Face Card(s)

Instruction Header(s)

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also:
TRF Build Threads

TRF Applicable Threads

LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
Temp was now getting to 32 or 33C but the skies were clear and calm. I had more rockets prepped... so I next picked up the Sea Gray. A scratch built rocket designed with a lot of inspiration from a Shrocks design (Sea Snake?).

In it was another one of those OLD Aerotech engines. Like the prior launch the F25-9 was a full 80ns F (testing says more like 70ns). Or so it said on the side of the case. Of course -9 is WAY too long so an old MissileWorks RRC2 was called in to do the deployment duties.

9753750756_15e1e12114_b.jpg

3 ... 2 ... 1 ... Nada... Ok... so much for the copperhead... I grabbed a Quickburst Twiggy. However I forgot that you are supposed to cut and remove that protective cover. Well someone else said it'll work either way, just 'better' without the cover...

3 ... 2 ... 1 ... ffffttt ft fffffffttttttt ffffft fft ffffttt ft fffffffttttttt ffffft fft ffffttt ft fffffffttttttt ffffft fft

It chuffed like mad!:lol:

9753557682_34bc4cbe24_b.jpg

But after chuffing for about 10 seconds... off we went (probably lost 10 ns!) ;)

9753761146_baf0546fcf_b.jpg

9753839583_1af783975c_b.jpg

Takeoff was weak and so it took a good turn East before really moving out. I was worried if the RRC would arm! But worries aside, the RRC did its job... but it was easily the longest walk of the day! :y:

I did get rather lucky. When I got to the rocket there was no beeping... my switch jumper had come loose. Must have been on touch down. It could have been worse if it has happened at launch! :y: So no altitude as the RRC2 loses it on powerdown.

Post copied to gallery with permission

Last edited by a moderator:
Back