New MissleWorks RRC3 altimeter + LCD !

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any idea why I am getting this message? I am trying to set up an elevation based main backup event as described on page 22 of the manual. I keep getting this error message when trying to save or print on both of my RRC3s. Thanks much for the help.

Found an "un-paran'd" and/or comparison that is at fault... drat!
Here's a patched version of the .exe file you can download and unzip/copy over your installed .exe (located in C:/Program Files (x86)/mDACS)

I'll include this patch in a new v1.60 that I'll be releasing in the near future.

View attachment mDACSv152patch.zip

Thanks Jim! The rest of this week is kind of crazy, but I'd appreciate a "sanity check" sometime next week. I'll drop you an e-mail and we'll set something up then.

BTW...really glad you have your phone line back. Hope everything is drying out and that you and the rest of your community are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel on the weather ordeal...

JACKPOT! A quick call to Jim to debug made all the difference in the world!
Seems the USB connection is pretty sensitive to the sequence in which things are enabled.

#1- Bring up mDACS with device connected, but powered OFF!
#2- Go to System Preference tab and check to see that the correct COMM port is selected.
#3- Switch over to Diagnostics tab.
#4- With one hand on power switch and ready, click RRC3 Host Connect. Mini led on interface board will begin blinking. At this time, switch power on. Big red led should light on RRC3 and connection will be established!

Thanks Jim!!!

Glad we could get you running...
I'm taking your list and adding some BOLD commentary:

#1- Bring up mDACS with device connected, but powered OFF!
Connect everything together physically (USB cable connected into PC and USB-IO dongle, and comm cable connected to USB-IO dongle and RRC3)

#2- Go to System Preference tab and check to see that the correct COMM port is selected.
If you have already pre-selected your COMM port, the mDACS app Status Bar should display a "green check icon" in Port Status
It may also require a couple clicks on the "Active Comm Port" dropdown to correctly show available ports (an improvement I'll be working on)

#3- Switch over to Diagnostics tab.
You can select any tab that will require comms to the altimeter (Flight Viewer / Flight Simulator / Settings Manager / Diagnostic Tools)

#4- With one hand on power switch and ready, click RRC3 Host Connect. Mini led on interface board will begin blinking. At this time, switch power on. Big red led should light on RRC3 and connection will be established!
You have a 15 second countdown where mDACS will attempt connection.
When the RRC3 powers up, it looks for connection during it's first 5 seconds of operation

Just downloaded the data from the RRC3 in Rapiditty. First flight of this 4" RW X-Celerator was last weekend at GHS. Connected on the first attempt ALL BY MYSELF! Usually I have to get help from the administrator (my wife Sharon). Now I think I will try it on the RRC3 in my Blackstar...

Edit, same results, brought it right up. I didn't even have to hold my tongue over my left upper bicuspid.... I'm really starting to like this new altimeter.

Last edited:
Just downloaded the data from the RRC3 in Rapiditty. First flight of this 4" RW X-Celerator was last weekend at GHS. Connected on the first attempt ALL BY MYSELF! Usually I have to get help from the administrator (my wife Sharon). Now I think I will try it on the RRC3 in my Blackstar...

Edit, same results, brought it right up. I didn't even have to hold my tongue over my left upper bicuspid.... I'm really starting to like this new altimeter.

Way to go, Wayne!
I was wondering about tongue/bicuspid position, however it appears that it's less dependent now.

(p.s. Your RRC2+ units and additional RRC3 are shipping tomorrow. Thanks again)

Way to go, Wayne!
I was wondering about tongue/bicuspid position, however it appears that it's less dependent now.

(p.s. Your RRC2+ units and additional RRC3 are shipping tomorrow. Thanks again)

Good news! Can you send me tracking data? If I can get this before we leave for ROCstock, I can give it to Sharon and still fly Rapiditty again.

You should get an email from the shopping cart with the tracking number update after we drop at the Post Office.
No problem for ROCstock 38, Nov. 9/10... your package should arrive this Saturday.

Back