Starship Vega Teaser..

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T-Rex

Ordinary Average Guy
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Originally put this at the end of SteveA'a Semroc Starship Vega thread, but realized it was a hijack.
I'm excited about this, and wanted to show y'all. I have to rethink some parts, and I'm waiting on delivery of a nosecone, but it is coming along slowly.... I have the build recorded in pictures, but it will be a while before I have opportunity to finish so the thread will have to wait...

DSCN0060.jpg

That`s going to be a nice build Terry !

All this talk about Vegas makes me wish i had one, although that`s easy enough to fix.

I hope you post more pictures of this build and some specs !

Oh ,how i hope Qmodeling re-opens !!

Regards

Paul T

Thanks for the kind words Paul. I crashed my QM Vega almost a year ago, it needs 2 new main fin assemblies, seemed easier to build a new one than fix the wrecked one.
This one uses 3" LOC tube. 63" tall. 1/4" plywood fins. The landing gear are 1/2" dowels. They will be dressed up with BT-60 cones and tubes.
Open Rocket says almost 9 pounds flying weight, large H's & I's for this one. Might try a J350 for an L2 cert if I can rig an av bay in the nosecone for a cable cutter.

It wont get much more work done until summer due to work getting in the way, gotta keep feeding the family and daughter's dang horses.

Wow Terry ,I had no idea it was going to be that big....very impressive to say the least !

I`m really going to have to watch this build !

I didn`t know you had the Qm version ,too bad about the damage.

Looking forward to this !

Paul t

Thanx Jim! Your builds have given me quite a few ideas and maybe some of the confidence to give it a go. (that sense of, "hey I can do that!")

I'm glad I gave you some encouragement. If I can do it, you can!

Wow Terry ,I had no idea it was going to be that big....very impressive to say the least !

I`m really going to have to watch this build !

I didn`t know you had the Qm version ,too bad about the damage.

Looking forward to this !

Paul t

I'll have to feed it to you bradycros style, dragging out what I have already done a little at a time until I can get back to it this summer..... :neener:

Back