Rocket R&D and THOY Prices, Pictures, Kit Specs, etc...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had THOY and R&D kits in the late 90's. I miss some of the 'old school' simplicity. Sure I know CF and FG are stronger. But I still miss the paper tube and some cardboard fins.

I had a Nighthawk. Still have the payload section and the MMTs unit. How to 'reincarnate' it someday.

Thanks for the info!

I had THOY and R&D kits in the late 90's. I miss some of the 'old school' simplicity. Sure I know CF and FG are stronger. But I still miss the paper tube and some cardboard fins.

I had a Nighthawk. Still have the payload section and the MMTs unit. How to 'reincarnate' it someday.

Thanks for the info!

Me too, I have the THOY Nighthawk, a crowd pleaser on 7 motors. I named mine "Lucky 7"...
I also have the THOY Falcon and I still fly it. I used to chat with the owner at Rocket R&D on several occasions.

THX, John

OK time to bump this thread. I had the 2.6 and 4 inch Navy Strike by R R&D. Loved those rockets. Lost the 4 inch in Muncie on High power lines. Does anyone have a Sim Rock or open rocket file on this rocket.
Would love to build another one.

If anyone would like I can post an Open rocket file for the Rocket R&D Navy Strike. The rocket may not be exact but the fins are dead on. I measured a 2.6 kit I still had the fins for.

Here is a picture of the original package for the 2,6 Navy Strike. I also have at one time started up scaling it and have a picture
navy strike 2.6 front cover.jpgNavy Strikes square.jpg

If anyone would like I can post an Open rocket file for the Rocket R&D Navy Strike. The rocket may not be exact but the fins are dead on. I measured a 2.6 kit I still had the fins for.

If the offer still stands, I would love to see a copy of the OR file.

I know it has been a long time but if your still interested here is the file.

Attachments

• navy strike 2.6.ork
    2 KB · Views: 60
Yes, I know this is an OLD thread - found it while hunting for info / plans for the 7.67 Skyraider... I have an original cone, need fin patterns .. anyone have the info ?
Thanks

AL / TRA 090

Boy this is really reaching back. FYI, T.H.O.Y.= Tiffany Hobbies of Ypsilanti. Rocket R&D started as Rocket Research in Va. John Stanley and his partner who I cant recall. Cluster R had a great line of large paper rockets.

Yes, I know this is an OLD thread - found it while hunting for info / plans for the 7.67 Skyraider... I have an original cone, need fin patterns .. anyone have the info ?
Thanks

AL / TRA 090
Span 8" Tip 5.5" and root 27.75"

THANKS - 2 quick questions... is the fin span from the tube ( ie: needs through the wall tabs added ) ?
and, forward sweep at trailing edge ? ..

I can eyeball from those dimensions and get real close,just wondering - if I'm gonna do it, would rather do it right .

Thanks again.

AL Swackhammer
TRA 090
NAR 34644
currently L1 after lapse, oops.

THANKS - 2 quick questions... is the fin span from the tube ( ie: needs through the wall tabs added ) ?
and, forward sweep at trailing edge ? ..

I can eyeball from those dimensions and get real close,just wondering - if I'm gonna do it, would rather do it right .

Thanks again.

AL Swackhammer
TRA 090
NAR 34644
currently L1 after lapse, oops.
Hi Al,
The span is from the Tube, not the tab. You'll have to eyeball those dimensions for the sweep angle. I just know those because i was going to build one and someone gave me those measurements with a couple of pictures. I can send you the pictures if that helps.

Thanks,
-Nik

Back