• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Estes Pro Series Patriot (2066)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skyway2k

Reaction score
This will probably get a few chuckles, but I thought I would at least try. I'm growing tired of waiting on eBay...

I'm looking for one of my favorite rockets as a kid - the Estes Pro Series Patriot. I built one when I was about 13 years old, and I'd like to build one the right way as a patient adult.

If any of you have one and you're willing to part with it, I'm very interested! Thanks for looking! :)

Yes, I saw those as well. I was willing to pay about that much for them. Set my alarm for 1 AM so I'd be up for the end of the auction, but I got stingy with the max bid with 15 seconds to go and lost. It was hard to go back to bed after that. :(

It went for $455 for 2 kits. And I don't disagree that it's a high price for an Estes rocket.

:eyeroll:

Don't even get me started. I've wanted that kit for years! Fyi the winning bid was $455. I put a bid on the pair for $450 in the last 10 seconds and lost the auction with those lame auto bids by $5 dollars.....

I'd pay $500 just to get one - but no one has one I've asked and no one is willing to give it up in a rare occurrence one has one.

Hey skyway if you find one that sells one to you let me know and find out is there is another as I want one too. I'm in $500 for one. Thanks,

I would definitely not pay $500 for one... and you shouldn't have to, either. There's been kits that have sold complete and unstarted for under $200 in the last year on eBay since I've been doing research. I wish I had become a BAR a year ago. :) Jeffyjeep sold one for about $150! That's the puzzling thing.... there were only a few bids on it. November of 2011 I believe. That's the strange thing about it. There just must not really be that big of a market for these, or the market is very up and down and it just depends on when the kit is listed that it garners that kind of money.

I was the bid one down from you then, and I would have never guessed it would have even went for $455 given the condition of one of the kits. I was guessing $350 would take them! Boy was I wrong! It looks like the guy that bough them has like 10 of every kit looking at his eBay avatar. His name is gonzoexe. He posted before on YORF... and said he has 300 some kits.

I will just be patient and keep looking.

BTW, am I dreaming it or did eBay at one point used to extend the auction a few seconds at the end if multiple people were still bidding? Like a real auction would do... I've been on eBay since 1999 but I don't use it much.

I'd never pay that much for a practically built rocket. I sure hope no one does bid on that either.

Just curious....why not get one of the many other Patriot kits out there, or scratch build your own?

Just curious....why not get one of the many other Patriot kits out there, or scratch build your own?

I was wondering the same thing ,as this would be one of the easiest kits to clone :confused2:

Is it to fly or as part of a collection ?

I personally have no opinion on how people spend their money or why ,hell I would be a hypocrite if I did :blush:

Cheers

Paul t

Can't explain... nothing really rational about it. It's just a sentimental thing as a kid. I saved my allowance for months and starred at that rocket on the shelf at the hobby store until I had saved up enough to buy it. Just buying a different Patriot kit from someone else just doesn't feel the same. :)

Does everyone not know you can clone the Patriot Pro using the new Estes Leviathan kit? Uses the exact same nose cone and diameter of body tube. About the only thing you couldn't do was make the exact replica of the guidance section decal. And it's even from Estes...how cool is that?

FC

Can't explain... nothing really rational about it. It's just a sentimental thing as a kid. I saved my allowance for months and starred at that rocket on the shelf at the hobby store until I had saved up enough to buy it. Just buying a different Patriot kit from someone else just doesn't feel the same. :)

I know what you mean ,for me it`s the Maxi-Pershing !

Sure i`ve built several clones and they look great ,but i still want the original Estes Pershing 1A ,and like yourself ,just to bring back a great memory !!

Good luck !

Paul T

Y'all be crazy...if you're looking to build & fly one, just scratch build it, save a ton of money and you won't have to freak out about cutting the tape on the box, much less flying it.

About that... 10 or so years ago I paid way too much for some original '90s ShadowAero and Dynacom kits, and as of yet have been too scared to cut the tape on the box on any of them. Seems no method of building and flying would justify what I paid for it, and I don't have the heart to be in the "It was meant to be flown" camp. One of the Dynacom kits -- a mostly-built 5" Black Rock -- was the one exception, because it was mostly built, so I finished it, painted the beautiful fiberglass in a Days Inn parking lot in the rain with rattle cans, and flew the piss out of it. Every flight was perfect, but of course now it's all dinged and scratched up and as the kits are virtually non-existent now, it disheartens me to look at it sitting there in it's current condition, with the hackjob building I did on it circa 2002, far earlier in my rocketry career. I've always wanted to fix it up right and get it professionally painted, but it's stored away in my mother's shed 1,000 miles away so it sits in waiting.

Only way I can see paying that inflated of a price for anything is as a sentimentality purchase/collector's item, and even this I have lived to regret with my purchases of 10 years ago, that money would have been much better spent buying more PR parts to build and fly which of course I later bought anyway, or fixing up my old Honda Nighthawk, or finally paying off my car. Only thing worse than paying exorbitant amounts of money for a pile of fiberglass and carbon fiber is paying that for a pile of paper, in my opinion. But, to each their own, and clearly I'm in the minority here. It's a market driven economy, so if someone thinks it's worth it, money talks.

By the way, OP, that's cool that you're in MS, I wasn't aware of any rocket people in the area. My family's from the Meridian/Laurel/Hattiesburg area and I spent the first years of my life there. I spend lots of time down there and have held more than a few launches of my own in the cotton. Have always wondered why there's no high power clubs up there in the Delta. When I reach a point in life where I can finally move back down where I belong that will change.

Last edited:
Y'all be crazy...if you're looking to build & fly one, just scratch build it, save a ton of money and you won't have to freak out about cutting the tape on the box, much less flying it.

About that... 10 or so years ago I paid way too much for some original '90s ShadowAero and Dynacom kits, and as of yet have been too scared to cut the tape on the box on any of them. Seems no method of building and flying would justify what I paid for it, and I don't have the heart to be in the "It was meant to be flown" camp. One of the Dynacom kits -- a mostly-built 5" Black Rock -- was the one exception, because it was mostly built, so I finished it, painted the beautiful fiberglass in a Days Inn parking lot in the rain with rattle cans, and flew the piss out of it. Every flight was perfect, but of course now it's all dinged and scratched up and as the kits are virtually non-existent now, it disheartens me to look at it sitting there in it's current condition, with the hackjob building I did on it circa 2002, far earlier in my rocketry career. I've always wanted to fix it up right and get it professionally painted, but it's stored away in my mother's shed 1,000 miles away so it sits in waiting.

Only way I can see paying that inflated of a price for anything is as a sentimentality purchase/collector's item, and even this I have lived to regret with my purchases of 10 years ago, that money would have been much better spent buying more PR parts to build and fly which of course I later bought anyway, or fixing up my old Honda Nighthawk, or finally paying off my car. Only thing worse than paying exorbitant amounts of money for a pile of fiberglass and carbon fiber is paying that for a pile of paper, in my opinion. But, to each their own, and clearly I'm in the minority here. It's a market driven economy, so if someone thinks it's worth it, money talks.

By the way, OP, that's cool that you're in MS, I wasn't aware of any rocket people in the area. My family's from the Meridian/Laurel/Hattiesburg area and I spent the first years of my life there. I spend lots of time down there and have held more than a few launches of my own in the cotton. Have always wondered why there's no high power clubs up there in the Delta. When I reach a point in life where I can finally move back down where I belong that will change.

Well, I'm originally from Indiana. I'm not real sure why there isn't a club in MS. The closest one to me is an hour and a half away on the northeast side of Memphis. When the time is right for me, I'm moving back where I belong as well. :)

I have a new in box Patriot Pro Series model number 2066 that I never built for my kids. I will be listing the kit on eBay in a few days and wanted to see if there was any interest from the forum first.

I have a new in box Patriot Pro Series model number 2066 that I never built for my kids. I will be listing the kit on eBay in a few days and wanted to see if there was any interest from the forum first.

PM sent.

This will probably get a few chuckles, but I thought I would at least try. I'm growing tired of waiting on eBay...

I'm looking for one of my favorite rockets as a kid - the Estes Pro Series Patriot. I built one when I was about 13 years old, and I'd like to build one the right way as a patient adult.

If any of you have one and you're willing to part with it, I'm very interested! Thanks for looking! :)

Are you still looking? I know it's a long shot but I just acquired 2 of these kits.

:eyeroll:

Don't even get me started. I've wanted that kit for years! Fyi the winning bid was $455. I put a bid on the pair for $450 in the last 10 seconds and lost the auction with those lame auto bids by $5 dollars.....

I'd pay $500 just to get one - but no one has one I've asked and no one is willing to give it up in a rare occurrence one has one.

Hey skyway if you find one that sells one to you let me know and find out is there is another as I want one too. I'm in $500 for one. Thanks,
Are you still looking for the pro series patriot. I have one

Back