Apogee POF - DC/SAM (#83) Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidQ

Reaction score
The DC SAM was a plan released in Apogee's newsletter 83, all the way back in 2002. Yup, Shrox is like one of the long term features of our hobby. So is Tim Van Milligan, since his newsletter was all the way to 83 by then. (Not to forget that Tim goes way back to some helicopterin' annal of rocketry history.)

This is a BT-50 sized rocket, but I also made a BT-5 sized downscale. But, I'm keeping the baby version to myself and not posting pictures, cuz it wasn't really a Shrox design.

View attachment 114564

Attachments

• DC Sam.JPG
    DC Sam.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 166
  • DC-SAMpic.jpg
    DC-SAMpic.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 167
Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the Apogee POF DC/SAM (#83) Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the Apogee POF DC/SAM (#83) and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Apogee POF: DC/SAM: #83

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
Apogee POF DC/SAM (#83) Basic Information.

apogee%20pof%20trf.gif
Apogee Peak of Flight Newsletter (POF)

MODEL NAME: DC/SAM Also known as:

NUMBER: #83

Introduced: 2002
Final Year:
Designer: Shrox

Type: Pseudo Ordnance
Motor Mount:
Recovery:
Stages:
Length:
Diameter:
Span:
Weight:

Mfg. Description: The DC/SAM has defended the United States Capital Complex since it’s installation in 2004. A two-stage short to medium range interceptor missile, it makes an effective picket in the“ electronic fence of defense.” (Apogee POF #83)

Advertising Liveries

apogee%20pof-dc%20sam%2083-pof%2083.jpg
Apogee POF #83

Face Card(s)

Instruction Header(s)

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also:
TRF Build Threads

TRF Applicable Threads

LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
Back