L.A. Police Officer gone biserk!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in Southern Cali and Corona is about 20 miles away, but now he is suppose to be in Big Bear. They found his Nissan Truck that he torched or I would assume he did. This reminds me too much of RAMBO!!!

Ex police officer he had been fired and I guess that's what's set him off.

It's really sad though. What do people think is going to happen when they pull this crap?

...suicide by police officer. :(

I suppose but if he just wanted to die why kill more people?

I don't know I'll never understand violence. What do people think they are going to prove?

Now granted I understand self defense but that's another topic.

It's not like this is a sane person.

Good point but I know some very insane people. I have a good friend that is a paranoid schizophrenic. For the most part he's a fairly normal person. Likes video games, has interests in all the normal things.. The big issue is that he believes people can read his mind. So going out to public places isn't something he likes to do. But aside from that he's fairly rational. I don't think most people would even notice he is unless he became uncomfortable. I honestly feel safer around him then I do around drug addicts.

I really feel the mentally ill get a bad wrap.

On Facebook and Twitter, crazies are flocking in support of the killer. I just do not understand the evil nature of a portion of our society. I tend to support the cops up until facts come out to tell me the opposite. Even if they fire 1000 rounds to end this crook on the loose, I will wait until the facts tell me the shot was unjustified to decide the cops are in the wrong.

In this case, some are already supporting the crook because he said he was anti-government.

He reportedly was a big fan of Piers Morgan according to the "manifesto" he left behind. Believed Piers was totally right about guns needing to be banned.

Of course he DID use a gun to shoot several police officers...

Another mentally unbalanced person wandering around committing mayhem.

He reportedly was a big fan of Piers Morgan according to the "manifesto" he left behind. Believed Piers was totally right about guns needing to be banned.

Of course he DID use a gun to shoot several police officers...

Another mentally unbalanced person wandering around committing mayhem.

He needs to look up hypocrisy in Websters.

Yeah it's been really weird. Normally I see a few traffic officers every day, but the streets were ghostly today.

Does everyone remember when that female astronaut went crazy a few years ago? This was supposedly one of the best and brightest, but she went off the deep end over an affair.

Here's the thing...we all have breaking points...I mean true breaking points. As in 'not born crazy, but driven crazy'.

Think of it this way: Stress level is like a car engine RPMs. The redline represents our ability to cope with stress. Things that add RPM include pressures for work, relationship issues, etc. The redline can be lowered by things like not eating right, not getting enough sleep, etc. Anyway, stresses can continue to ramp up, to the point where you can go past your redline. Now, we can all operate past that point for a short time...however, go too far past the redline or stay past the redline too long, and severely bad things can happen.

In clinical terms, that 'bad thing' is called a psychotic break, and at that point, all bets are off. This is where you get the irrational behaviors that you read about in the news, where otherwise normal people do things that don't make any sense.

Attempting to understand why someone is doing what they are doing becomes a difficult exercise because they are acting rational according to their viewpoint, which may not be anything near what you are seeing.

It's a sad situation all around. It does not excuse what he has done, but does give insight as to how he got to this point.

FC

what's sad is the cops open fired already on innocent people already. Did you see that blue truck they riddled with bullets and they didn't even ask the person driving to set out first. Two ladies delivering newspapers and then that other guy. Can you say lawsuit? Twice it has happened.

More people= more nutjobs...

More stress= more nutjobs...

Simple as that.

Gubmint is PATHETIC when it comes to helping folks that are mentally ill, near the edge, on the edge, or over the edge.

Wife's friend had the middle kid of her three that was a total nutjob... Constantly getting in trouble in school, EXTREMELY manipulative, and NEVER took ANY responsibility for ANYTHING. Got so bad the other two kids started locking themselves in their rooms and barring their door from the inside at night, because she'd tried to knock the door down or hack it down with a hatchet before... always destroying their stuff... out at all hours, couldn't keep her at home, shoplifting, etc... Gets mad when her parents try to discipline her and make her do right, calls CPS and tells them a pack of lies they believe, so they interrogate the parents and give them the third degree-- "You have to DO something..."
Parents: "She's sick... she needs help-- put her in a mental hospital... get her a psychiatrist, something-- we don't have the resources-- our insurance is tapped out" (They'd had her working with a psychiatrist/psychologist til the insurance said "we're not paying anymore" and they couldn't afford to continue)
"Can't do it" says the state...

The school calls when she gets into trouble-- demands a parent conference-- demands they "do something". Parents tell the school, "PUNISH HER! Throw her in A-school, put her in ISS, whatever it takes..." School: "No, can't do it... YOU have to "do something"... nothing happens...

She gets picked up wandering the streets at 3am after shoplifting at the local minimart... (for the umpteen dozenth time...) Cops call the parents "come get her at the station... Yall have to DO SOMETHING..."
Parents:"It's 3 am... throw her in JAIL... put the fear into her"...
Cops:"Come pick her up NOW, or we'll come arrest YOU for NOT picking her up!"
Parents:"Okay, we'll be right there"...
Cops give them the third degree... "yall have to DO SOMETHING"...
Parents:"Put her in a mental hospital, do an involuntary committment, you cops can do that"...
Cop:"Can't do it... YALL have to DO SOMETHING"...
Parents: "She broke the law, she's a habitual lawbreaker... YOU COPS DO SOMETHING"...
Cop: "Can't do it... here's the ticket, take her to court"...

Get to court, the judge looks at it, "Yall need to DO SOMETHING"...

Parents: "We're broke-- insurance has run out, can't afford to hospitalize her, bout to lose our jobs because we're constantly getting called out by the school and the cops and searching high and low for her when she gets on a tear and takes off and runs away, broke paying fines and restitution and all this stuff because she's gotten in so much trouble-- commit her, throw her in jail, ANYTHING to straighten her out"...

Judge: "Nope, can't do it... kid stuff, she'll turn around... but yall need to DO SOMETHING! BTW, pay the fines and court costs on the way out"...

Kid tries suicide, takes a ton of pills, ends up in a coma... survives and comes out of it after a week or so... state commits her for a couple weeks, then turns her out... CPS visits the parents...
CPS: "yall have to DO SOMETHING"
Parents: "like what?? Our marriage is dissolving because she wants to kill her mother and puts us at odds against each other, we're at our wits end. Her siblings barricade themselves in their rooms at night because she's tried to kill them, hacked at their door with a hatchet. She's been arrested more times than I can count and the school calls twice a day griping about whatever she's done *today*, but they won't do anything. Cops won't do anything, judge won't do anything, state hospitalized her two weeks and dumps her back here-- we can't do anything with her-- our insurance is gone, just about to lose our jobs because we're having to leave all the time because of the school and cops calling us in, what are we supposed to do?? Chain her in her bedroom at night?? Install a steel door with a lock bar from the outside and lock her in her room at night?? What??"
CPS: "NO! Don't do that or we'll arrest you and throw you in prison and take your other kids-- she has RIGHTS! But YALL have to DO SOMETHING!"
Parents: "WHAT?? We've tried everything else..."
CPS: "YOU have to DO SOMETHING..."

See a pattern here??

Girl threatens to kill the mother daily, mother finally gets tired of it, divorces husband and runs off with someone else, takes the other two kids with her, kid and mother disown each other. Family loses their job and home, Dad stuck with the nutjob girl. He goes off the deep end, just lets the girl run wild, she runs off, nobody knows where she is (or particularly cares at this point). Dad pulls himself together, gets another job, and starts chasing women... just praying the kid doesn't show up again for another year-- by then she'll be 18 and the state's problem...

"But SOMEBODY's got to DO SOMETHING"...

Like an old preacher I knew delivered a sermon one Sunday, talking about why this country is falling apart the way it is... "Back in the old days we had DISCIPLINE... "spare the rod and spoil the child"... Growing up, if I did something bad, I got a whippin'... Now if you do that, they'll throw YOU in prison... can't spank your kid... that's illegal... immoral... wrong... BUT, it's okay for the gubmint to STICK A NEEDLE IN THEM when they finally do something bad enough and it's all too late (execution by lethal injection). Which is worse?? Spanking them as a kid to make them learn to "do right", or the gubmint sticking a needle in them when it's all too late..."

Spot on... EXACTLY right...

If this is offensive to you, too bad... doesn't mean it's not TRUE.

Later! OL JR :)

I agree with your Shrox....
Considering his manifesto praised Sen. Finstein, Hillary Clinton, Piers Morgan, VP Biden and President Obama, it is pretty obvious.
:wink:

Umm, I like them. I am one of the smartest people on the planet. It's a heavy burden...

what's sad is the cops open fired already on innocent people already. Did you see that blue truck they riddled with bullets and they didn't even ask the person driving to set out first. Two ladies delivering newspapers and then that other guy. Can you say lawsuit? Twice it has happened.

Cops in America are extremely paranoid and cowardly. Police officers are brave men and women. There is a difference, just like between a cook and a chef, a writer and an author, a pilot and an aviator.

Police officers should not refer to themselves as cops.

Back