PML MR1 REPAIR

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary Byrum

Overstable By Design
Reaction score
For any of you that has ever built a PML MR1, you are aware that the nose cone is made of two different kinds of plastic. I'm not very clear on what kinds of plastics these are but they were bonded together. The tip of the nose cone ( 2" of it ) is what the shock cord is epoxied to on the inside of the nose cone. My situation is that these two have been knocked loose from a hard landing and I have a gap about the thickness of a piece of card stock between them. I need to bond these two back together and I am not sure what to use. Fortunately the two pieces will push back together tightly and with the right adhesion, I should be able to fix this. Anyone with some serious plastic gluing methods are encouraged to weigh in. Thanks.

MR1 Nose Tip.jpg

Gary go to auto store and buy some "Devcon" plastic welder. I think that will do the trick.

Eric

Contact PML, and ask them.

-Kevin

Thanks Kevin. I spoke with the folks over there just now and they said the tip of the nose was made with a 2 part urethane and the rest of the nose was polypropylene. He knew that the plastic weld that Eric1 recommended wouldn't hurt the urethane tip but was uncertain about the polypro' section. At least I have an old poly nose cone to experiment with. Thanks guys.

Back