Mega Der Pink Max flies!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James Duffy

Reaction score
Many of you followed the construction of my daughter's Mega Der Pink Max a couple of months ago on this thread:

https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?45204-Mega-Der-Red-Max-initial-impressions

We are happy to report that the rocket flew successfully at today's Austin Area Rocketry Group launch! Here's a brief video of the flight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gbp0xCMnmL0&feature=youtu.be

We used an Aerotech F42-4T for propulsion, boosting the beastie to an estimated altitude of about 350-400'. Many thanks go out to Gordon Agnello ("Sandman" on this forum) for providing the custom "Hello Kitty" themed decals used for the build!

James

Nice flight! What was your daughters reaction to the flight?

Nice flight James ! I finished mine ,but now must wait for the painting season !

I noticed the someone sais "owe" as the rocket landed ,you think the chute is too small ? Did you or your daughter find the rocket needs a bigger chute ?

paul t

Very nice! I've been having reservations with the stock-supplied 'chute. If you don't mind--what did yours weigh?

Later!

--Coop

Very nice! I've been having reservations with the stock-supplied 'chute. If you don't mind--what did yours weigh?

The completed rocket (sans motor or wadding) weighs in at 33.6 ounces or 952g. The stock chute worked fine and the rocket landed without any damage, despite the expressions of concern heard on the video.

Campbell could not be more pleased with the outcome and looks forward to flying the rocket again!

James

Nice flight! I flew my MDRM for the first time this weekend as well. Will make a thread for the video.

It is a great looking rocket and a fun flight. My 3-year old daughter saw it and is "forcing" me to make her a mini der pink max. Sandman's decals are on the way!

Back