Boot Disc using flash drive device for sick PC?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JP Morgan

Reaction score
Hey guys, and gals.
Was reading the Win 7-8 thread and it reminded me I've got problems
with my older computer that runs Win XP. We got a new PC running Win 7.
We like it allot.
So the problem is I think I need a boot disc, using maybe a flash drive device, that trouble shoots/looks for bugs on start up. Win XP older PC is sick and it has our TAXES on it! We use
Turbo Tax and it would be nice to import those files for this years taxes. Dern Uncle Sugar!:sad:

Any ides and suggestions would be Great!

regards,

JP

Maybe obvious, but if the old PC's problem isn't the hard disk, you might take that out and put it into the new one. That's what I just did. Sure makes life easy.

Hey guys, and gals.
Was reading the Win 7-8 thread and it reminded me I've got problems
with my older computer that runs Win XP. We got a new PC running Win 7.
We like it allot.
So the problem is I think I need a boot disc, using maybe a flash drive device, that trouble shoots/looks for bugs on start up. Win XP older PC is sick and it has our TAXES on it!

https://www.ultimatebootcd.com/

This has to be one of the best out there. Also if you want after you get the CD built you can use the CD to build a USB bootable drive also. You'll need someone else's computer to get the first part (the cd and usb stick) done, but after that you should be in pretty good shape.

Maybe obvious, but if the old PC's problem isn't the hard disk, you might take that out and put it into the new one. That's what I just did. Sure makes life easy.

Great idea - expanding on this - you can get a case that allows you to use the Hard Drive as a USB external hard drive.

Thanks guys, UncleVanya.
It's got a virus for sure, the Win XP, (older PC).

JP

Often times it's easier to just copy the files you need and wipe the hard drive, than to try fighting a virus. I've had viruses/adware before that were resilient to antivirus software. Wiping the drive and starting over was the fastest and easiest solution.
That's a good idea too, something I've never had to do, so far...
regards,

JP

Back