What did you do rocket wise today?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
8" QCC?

Great looking mini pike!

3" Punisher
- installed MMT
- installed 2 fins with double buttered edges w/ Rocketpoxy

View attachment 316732

4" Super Batray
- rocketpoxy edges of fins
- CA'd inside of booster tube
- welded the 1/4" eyes
The rest on hold until im back at the shop.

View attachment 316733

QCC Explorer
- installed all find onto air intakes
- started attaching intake/ fin assembly to tube

Problem is, in going to have 1.6" QCC, 4" QCC and 6" QCC, what's missing here??

View attachment 316734

My kids built a couple rocket stands today. (...with a little help sawing the PVC pipe)

IMG_0369.jpgIMG_0371.jpgIMG_0372.jpgIMG_0381.jpgIMG_0387.jpgIMG_0388.jpgIMG_0390.jpgIMG_0394.jpg

Cut three sets of fins for a BT50, BT55 and BT60 sized V2 and papered them, the airframes were cut last night, now its on to mmt's and shock cords. The BT50 sized V2 will be builts as a streamer recovery since the body tube is so short and it should weigh less than 30grams (more like 20 with empty motor).

I built a makeshift paint booth in my garage earlier this week. It's getting a workout today trying to get all of my winter builds and repairs ready to fly.
ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1491679935.994437.jpg

Got decals on the Mini-Comanche 3 and the SEMROC Trident, minus clear coats. The orange paint on the Mini wasn't as opaque as I was hoping for so the sanded grey primer over white BT shows through, but it kind of has a digital camo look to it, so I decided not to repaint it.
View attachment 316687

Wow TJ, that Comanche looks so cool I might have to do the same thing on purpose! That really is a great look...

Picked up a Star Orbiter on a HL coupon. I'm going to use carbon veil on the fins and do the payload bay mod.

Fillets and spiral filling on a LOC Forte. Maybe even primer if I'm lucky...

Flew at Bong.. launched my wildman saab sport on a Loki H100 Spitfire. Up part was ok.. cracked a fin loose on landing. It needed a paint job anyway.

Launched my Wildman Interceptor sport on an H234 not so wimpy EX motor. Had some wacky tracker signals for about 2 hours until I saw the nose cone floating like a buoy in the middle of a lake. Fished it out and the altimeters were still beeping. Even got some video off the 808 camera as well.

Dreaming of LDRS, so might as well do something else constructive.

Finished QCC Explorer booster
Finished Batray booster
Almost finished Punisher booster - just fillets left.
ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1491689657.176430.jpgImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1491689683.824430.jpg
ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1491689644.298917.jpg

Sitting in an airliner all day, so brushing up on my L2 written study guide........and getting distracted by browsing for parts for a possible L3 idea. ("Focus Ryan, one step at a time......")

I painted a saucer and installed to the dome with RocketPoxy

A set of black fillets and will be done

Kenny

1491708756277.jpg

spent $... Grabbed some 6mm Tamiya masking tape and thin CA at HL. Then went to Home Depot for a piece of aluminum angle.

Sadly when I got back to the hotel, I asked the 20-something young lady at the front desk if I could borrow a thumb tack to open the CA. She gets the look, and says, "What's a thumb tack?"
"OK, how about a push pin?"
"Don't know what that is either"
Another young lady brought me a pin from the back. These kids today are scary....

spent $... Grabbed some 6mm Tamiya masking tape and thin CA at HL. Then went to Home Depot for a piece of aluminum angle.

Sadly when I got back to the hotel, I asked the 20-something young lady at the front desk if I could borrow a thumb tack to open the CA. She gets the look, and says, "What's a thumb tack?"
Another young lady brought me a pin from the back. These kids today are scary....

I'm surprised you didn't say she whipped out her phone and googled it, LOL

My daughter and I finished up the Mini Cowabunga. Shout out to Mark @ stickershock23.com on the cow print decals.

3aebf0619cecb8522379ea69968ccea8.jpg

e725b406c9bd69c60de1199116910b1b.jpg

f18c6a481f50c0321bba3158b4e40ac8.jpg

Jarod

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

We don't spend a lot of time pinning carbon copies to the corkboard in the typing pool for dittoing later.

Girlfriend finished her L1 bird, a Madcow 4" Super Batray. I finished my LOC Expediter.

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1491769276.199068.jpgImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1491769288.846220.jpgImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1491769298.620814.jpgImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1491769310.394810.jpg

Very nice. Great looking rockets you go there. When's the launch date? Get it? Date / girlfriend. LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks. We're hoping the weather is good in two weeks for Midwest Blast 2 in Three Oaks, MI.

Back