What did you do rocket wise today?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the first set of internal and external fillets on my 5" Jart. It's a little chilly in the basement, so next set will have to wait until Tuesday.

Got primer on my Mini Frenzy and started fillets on the Mini Pike.

I did some more work on my Mini Frenzy as well, all fins are on the the holes for all fasteners, shear pins, vents are done and threaded as needed. Its now nearly ready for primer. Just need to lay up some FG plate for Av-Bay sleds, and get those assembled. Should be ready to maiden by TCR's March 4th launch.

Grabbed an Executioner , then hit up BMS for some tubes. Got some school rockets while I was there, because why not.

I finished construction of a new Nike-Apache kit from Estes, which I bought on a whim last week while at the LHS.

32460513436_b06d5c3c0e_b.jpg

Its a stock build, save for the recovery harness, though I did put more effort into shaping the fins than the suggested "round the edges" found in the instructions.

I received my new TRA card in the mail, along with my 15-year membership hat pin... My daughter also received her membership card from TRA, now she is quite motivated to get her L1 in the Spring.

Finished a launch video from my club's first launch of the year. Considering we had to weather-cancel the last three launches of 2016, I was super happy with the weather we had and the flying we did. I got to try out my theory of small-field flying PSII-sized rockets using the Aerotech 24mm F44 motor. Between my daughter and myself, we flew the alphabet from 1/2A through F.

[video=youtube;DyA9APpfZFs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyA9APpfZFs[/video]

Ordered a NewWay Goblin, Semroc Goblin and a few sale rockets on eRockets. Something about those square rockets have me interested.

I worked on more fillets on the Spirit of America clone.
Put a 2nd launch lug on the Xarconian Cruiser so it looks like weapons pods under the wings.
Sanded the first coat of glue on the body tube for Bullpup and added another coat.
First coat of glue on the fins. Cut and sanded the tail cone and built the Engine Mount.
The fins really surprised me. They are a very high grade, dense balsa. Best I've seen on Estes Kits.
And watched a couple nice auctions go by on Ebay cuz I'm broke.
Looked up bass wood strips I need for the challenge build. Going need to come up some bucks for that.
Can't just order what I need, have to order a preset number of strips in a bunch.
Had a bad charlie this morning so taking my muscle relaxers and I'll be out in 1/2 an hour.

Logged into TRF for the first time in I don't know how long.

I also got some long awaited painting done.

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1485477218.959601.jpgImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1485477231.620262.jpgImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1485477247.051933.jpg

I love that color-shift paint. :)

Haven't touched rocket bench in almost year, due to massive home remodeling project. Looked thru my binder of decals and found a set of Der Red Max decals. Started a clone of the Der Big Red Max (Estes #1977) It's basically a DRM with a full 18" body tube.

Loaded up 7 birds for flight at the club launch tomorrow. Hoping for 12 successful total launches on 14 motors. (two 2 stagers)

Back