What did you do rocket wise today?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great usage of the AT nozzle and seal ring. Looks like you got plenty of extra propellant in there when compared to the stock 6000 nozzle.

How did the Loki liner hold up? I may be buying a length at a later date to try a 54mm moon burn. Did you use a Delrin mandrel with Mann 400?

I get about an extra inch of propellant with this nozzle configuration.

The liner was pretty well spent on the side of the offset core although the case was not damaged. With that said I probably won’t fire this exact configuration again, I think Scott recommends gluing an additional half a casting tube on the side of the offset core.

Delrin and mann was used, although the moonburner grain was cast in two sections and epoxied together much like AT/CTI stuff since I didn’t have a long enough mandrel.

worked on the mmt for the 20 mill project for a bit and started planning a couple new projects. One is an "extremely" modified Interceptor E--of course---The other is a scratcher of this----sdmodoSDAM-Firebee-beauty-1a.jpg--firebee2.jpg---100% scale/scratch. Also still designing the Tiamat.

Picked up the Giant Leap T-Bolt! :headbang::w::marshmallow::marshmallow:

Looks like a nice kit! Good size spiral to fill I think...

First pass at painting is done. Will postpone detail painting till after the launch this weekend at Spring Blast. Onward to fitting the recovery system.

painted.jpg

worked on the mmt for the 20 mill project for a bit and started planning a couple new projects. One is an "extremely" modified Interceptor E--of course---The other is a scratcher of this----View attachment 126991--View attachment 126994---100% scale/scratch. Also still designing the Tiamat.

correction---100% scratch build---not 100% scale--that would be cool though!---anyway--sorry about the poor description--H

I used some rattle can paint to complete an AT Barracuda and I discovered that it had frozen and separated over the winter. I keep most of my paint inside, but I decided to use some that I left in the garage. Big mistake! Anyway, I was so pissed that the paint sucked so bad that I emptied all the spoiled paint on the rocket in a fit of RAGE! :rant:

The result was something my wife thought looked tie-dyed. My son just said it was butt ugly. Thanks Kid! I told him that's what we would put on the launch card as the name of the rocket. Now flying, "Butt Ugly".

20130424_184704.jpg

I ordered nitrile ( light work ) and butyl gloves ( heavy work ) after reading something very nasty about Epoxy.

I used some rattle can paint to complete an AT Barracuda and I discovered that it had frozen and separated over the winter. I keep most of my paint inside, but I decided to use some that I left in the garage. Big mistake! Anyway, I was so pissed that the paint sucked so bad that I emptied all the spoiled paint on the rocket in a fit of RAGE! :rant:

The result was something my wife thought looked tie-dyed. My son just said it was butt ugly. Thanks Kid! I told him that's what we would put on the launch card as the name of the rocket. Now flying, "Butt Ugly".

View attachment 127015

I like it !!!

View attachment 127015
Ok. that is not ugly... That is cool!!!

I ordered nitrile ( light work ) and butyl gloves ( heavy work ) after reading something very nasty about Epoxy.

Ummm, care to share the big "Nasty" you heard? :eyepop: I never use gloves, but I don't let it cure on my fingers and hands, I wipe it off before that happens.

Ummm, care to share the big "Nasty" you heard? :eyepop: I never use gloves, but I don't let it cure on my fingers and hands, I wipe it off before that happens.

Just getting it on your skin is bad. Merely breathing the fumes is bad. If you let it cure... you've got it coming. (and by 'it' I mean epoxy allergies)

I like it !!!
Looks like something from the Vorlon fleet. I like it too.

For my part, I spent several hours cleaning up the workbench, stashing all my LPRs in a very long Rubbermaid container that fits nicely on the top shelf of a storage unit in the garage...right next to a smaller container holding all my unbuilt LPR kits. I now have enough room to actually use the workbench for it's original purpose.

After that task, I played with various component arrangements for my LOC 6" long 3" diameter av-bay. The challenge is fitting everything on the sled and avoiding the various screw holes from each side. I may have to go back to the 8" long av-bay.

I almost made the mistake of going to the local toy store just to get some wadding. I was drooling over some of the rocket kits they had, and they also had a good supply of motors. But I only spent $45 because I knew it would be June before my next launch but could have easily spent $200. Anyway I spent yesterday prepping some rockets for the June launch.

this hobby empty my wallet every day ,:facepalm: I just return from the hardware store with $ 200 value of mask, gloves, paint and Bondo

Ordered remove before flight flags from aerocon systems!

Also started ordering my first stickershock decal! Yeaaaaaa!

Finishing up my Level 3 build of a Wildman "Extreme Wildthang" that I got for a christmas gift. Trying to decide if I should put the build thread here on the forum?

Finishing up my Level 3 build of a Wildman "Extreme Wildthang" that I got for a christmas gift. Trying to decide if I should put the build thread here on the forum?

Wait wait wait wait... A rocket guy in Lincoln NE :)

And what is this I hear about not making a build thread?

Wanna play rockets together some time?

Not much but when I got home today I just had to take a smell up.the tail pipe of the last rocket I launched he he love that smell

Please do!!!

Ok, I've been wanting to just to be be doing something "rocketry". Our first launch got snowed out and the second one was 30 degrees and matching 30 mph winds. I have a K1200 practically jumping into this rocket - should make for a good first test flight.

Back