What did you do rocket wise today?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The wife found that to be pretty funny too. She said she might work on a stencil of the disaster Area image and paint it with glossy black paint. I am not a big book reader, but I made it through all 3 Hitchhikers books on the toilet. I even sat down to pee for a couple months there. Was pretty cool that the movie came out about a year after I finished the books and I was finally able to understand why people get so made when a movie does not do a good job representing the book. I am currently working my way through the Princess Bride.

I loved the movie :)

The BBC adaption from 1981 was great if you can track it down - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081874/

I used to be a big book reader, but not so much in the last few years.

Krusty

Sanded the filled tube seams on a Mean Machine I want to use for a camera platform, added fillets to the Vega, worked-up a flyer to send home with this year's crop of rocketeers encouraging them to enter their rockets into the local fairs...and then watched Miami Vice episodes on Netflix.

You should call it Stuntship and stick a "Disaster Area" decal on it!!

Zaphod Beeblebrox: It's the weird colour scheme that freaks me. Every time you try to operate one of these weird black controls, which are labeled in black on a black background, a small black light lights up black to let you know you've done it. Hey, what is this, some kind of galactic hyper-hearse?

View attachment 117737

I'm sure stickershock could hook you up with a nice glossy decal :)

Krusty

Love it!

"So, this is it, we are going to die"

Ahhh, Douglas Adams, you are missed....

Drooled over the Baddazz Defender MkIII a bit more and started putting a bit of money off to the side to save up for it. I already know exactly how I am going to decorate it and what motor it is going up on!

Last edited:
Put sealer on the fins for the Mean Machine Camera Rocket. Was fiddling with one of the cameras and noticed I must have left it turned on and recording the last time I was fiddling with it. Great, a dead battery and an SD card full of video from inside a box... Why not? It's been one of those days anyway.:facepalm:

Yay! The Madcow Squat nose cone is done! The paint is done!

Today I fabricated a QQuake motor retention clamp so it appears all is ready for this Saturday's launch.

Just about finished with the Av-bay for Bluemoon2.
Just have to epoxy a few nuts on the inside of the coupler so I can screw the Av-bay to the upper airframe.
All electronics and switches are mounted and tested. Oh, still need to make a battery mount for 3 9V's.
I think I've just going to make a small box on the baseplate of the bay.
Need get going on sanding fillets and onto the finishing. Ordered a 7' Pro-XP chute and D-bag from Rocketman today.
Nothing like getting down to the wire!!!

R

Got the fins/wings mounted on the MK-IV--did not post on the thread --just minor stuff--20 mill is sitting but this weekend should bring some real progress

Sanded off old paint on my 1/2 scale Black Brant VI nose cone and payload , then got a coat of filler primer on them too.

Was working on GForce nosecone , sanded 2nd coat of primer and layed down some finish primer.

And wet sanded the Estes Nike Smoke very carefully not to swell the tube this time. The florescent red I have seen is very pink , and the florescent yellow has a green tinge, any color suggestions ? Already have a decal from Stickershock.

Kenny

Replaced the 1/2 launch lugs with rail buttons on the Nike Smoke and put on Stickershock decals.

85a83333-f103-45ca-871b-67af305c684c_zps49560dfa.jpg

Last night I uploaded a bunch of new photos to Flickr -

November 11th Launch - https://www.flickr.com/photos/oflittleinterest/sets/72157632752485202/
(last launch for 2012 - I've only just got to spend time getting the photos ready to upload)

And three of the fires I've been at over the last few months - (When I'm not building rockets or working at my day job, I'm out fighting fires!)

Serpentine fire. I was involved in the initial stages of the fire fight before the appliances arrived on scene - https://www.flickr.com/photos/oflittleinterest/sets/72157632752575466/

Dandenong Bypass (a road near home). Spent a good part of the day driving the forward command vehicle and a few hours manning the water point - https://www.flickr.com/photos/oflittleinterest/sets/72157632747677675/

Strike team to a large bushfire a few hours east of my home area. I did two night shifts -
https://www.flickr.com/photos/oflittleinterest/sets/72157632753110186/

And now, with all the photos uploaded, I could do a big update on my blog :) https://www.ibuildrockets.com/

Krusty

Caught up on some badly needed rocket shop clean up.

Started to build coupler for Grappler re-build, and fitted Estes motor retainer to motor mount tube.

Planned what rockets to launch this Saturday.

Went to the post office to ask why my order of $143 of rocket stuff from Red Arrow Hobbies on 12/24 hasn't been delivered yet. According to USPS tracking my package has been sitting at the Stevensville MI post office now for over 2 weeks. They told me that they won't even look into it until it has been at least 30 days. I don't have any insurance on it so I assume that I am probably s**t out of luck. :hot:

They told me that they won't even look into it until it has been at least 30 days.

That seriously sucks Nathan, sorry to hear that.

Ordered 21 rockets for the Boy Scouts, sent in my design for the 2013 Launch shirt (this year's theme is "Got Delta V?"), checked my order of 16 CC Express' and they shipped today. Now I need to place an order for another 48 B6-4s and I'm set for the 2013 rocket season. Still waiting to hear from the Girl Scouts if they want to do their rocketry class this year.

Designed
a)A 4" diameter Doorknob
b)A 4" diameter Warlock
c)A 4" diameter, 2 stage Doorknob.

I am currently on vacation and got all of my household chores completed yesterday, so today was a play day.
I: primed my scratch-built Trident; finished painting the Estes Patriot, Estes Dark Energy, Quest Lil' Grunt, NCR Lance Delta; clear coated Estes Crossfire, built a rocket stand, and built a 18mm engine retainer from a water bottle as described by Chris Michielssen in the July 17, 2012, issue,317, from the Peak of Flight newsletter from Apogee Rockets.
I still found time to get my rocket-appreciative wife some Valentine's Day flowers and a card.
A perfect day!

received a box in the mail of 5 bt50 nosecones ...just because i wanted some...

The weather was balmy today so I let the Madcow Squat sit in the backyard sun and bake the finish.

Later in the day, I used a sandpaper bar and masking tape to achieve the correct level of friction on the nosecone/body tube junction. This took a lot more effort than I expected.

laid down some more primer on the bsv... then noticed i forgot the launch lugs... so i glued them on... i need to sand it down one more time and spray another coat of primer and hopefully it will be ready for paint...

Back