What did you do rocket wise today?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Put the bulkhead together and going to glue it today. Then I am going to begin repairing my Ventris that has just been a pain in my side, and pocket book.

Started assigning folks to Saturday 11AM - 1PM AirFest range duty slots. For the past...at least 5 years...we have put together a group to take over all the slots at that time of day. This year, some of our friends from Arizona will be joining us, and helping out.

-Kevin

She just wants to sell more rockets!! :)
JUST KIDDING!
Tell her not to spend the profits! :)

In reality, she's the one who's always pushing me to have more fun at the launches and to not worry as much about selling things. I think we've found a nice balance.

-- Roger

I spent the afternoon cleaning motor cases, wiping down rockets, and making a little video from one of my flights yesterday at Chili Blaster 5.

[video=youtube;U04y9n2cx6U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U04y9n2cx6U[/video]

Packed up my stuff, did a little help with tear down, and left 3 good days of flying at NYPOWER17. It was a well run launch. Ran into a little weather that ended Sat early and delayed Sun start, but otherwise good flying weather. I got a total of 16 flights - from an A10 on my birdie to an G115 on my Starship Excalibur. :D

Nothing for the last 2 days - been trying to get up and running on a new computer with Windows 8... argh!!!

I'm almost done :)

Krusty

The parts of Windows 8 that are exactly like Windows 7 are okay. The rest of it sucks.

Finalized the paint scheme for my Minie-Magg:

mmpaint.jpg

Launched a bunch of rockets with the Radical Rocketeers
Aim 54 Phoenix on a D12-3
Heatseeker on a B6-4
Vagabond on a D12-5
Pro Series 2 Argent on an F39-6T and F26-6FJ (Thanks Ted!!)
Maxi Icarus on a C11-3
D region Tomahawk on a D12-3
Astron Skydart 2 on a B6-2, but it arced over and did a barrel role at 20 ft, and the ejection charge deployed at 1 ft slamming the rocket into the ground at a very fast speed, destroying it :cry:

My son and I bought a Quest Astra and got the engine mount built. I've also been working on making my own fin jig out of a piece of molding I found in the garage. All in all, a good weekend rocketry-wise.

I attended the Radical Rocketeers launch in NJ. I just finished building a LOC Aura yesterday and got to fly it today. I have a soft spot for rockets that scoot on 29mm motors!

Jim Z

Nice :) and a well attended launch. That's always good to see.

There were about 1500 people at the launch. Ball Aerospace and United Launch Alliance were launching their projects that their interns either built or had payloads on, so there were a ton of people there. It was a great way to expose the rocketry hobby to those who normally don't get to see it.

The parts of Windows 8 that are exactly like Windows 7 are okay. The rest of it sucks.

I've installed Start8 and that gave me a lot of control - boots straight into desktop and I get my 'start' button back :)

I miss the desktop gadgets, though. I used to have a little box showing how fast my internet was running.

Krusty

I attended the Radical Rocketeers launch in NJ. I just finished building a LOC Aura yesterday and got to fly it today. I have a soft spot for rockets that scoot on 29mm motors!

Jim Z

Jim Have I got a rocket for you.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us If your interested? I have some tubing coming for 29mm retainers thats going work grate on some BT-55 rockets.

If you've never been there, don't expect much more than a bed to sleep on, and a shower. As soon as you get into the room in the evening, open the bathroom and room windows all the way -- otherwise, if your room is like ours was, you'll cook.

-Kevin

Wait, what else were you expecting in your room?

Ari.

Yesterday, not today, went with my son to our first out of town rocket event, NYPOWER in Geneseo, NY, just for the one day. I thought I had three rockets with me, but one was sort of jointly owned with my son and he laid claim to it, and another I'd forgotten to check and, oh yeah, it needed surgery, didn't it? So I only got one launch for my $15 but Kenny got 5 for free so it works out, sort of. My launch was good and so were most of his, aside from one lost nose cone and one non-surviving eggstronaut. Successfully kept my money in my pocket at the vendors except to buy some motors we were short on; Kenny went at the end of the day and got a 1/3 off deal on an Estes Interceptor. Back at the hotel I got my wallet out and ordered a 3D Rocketry Lunar Eclipse Jr.

1- Installing another computer in my electronic shop to play with my Arduino stuff.
2- Working on a dual deployment G-Force
3- Wait for the mail to get my Hyperloc 300
4- Try to decide what to do with this Madcow 4” Pac-3 , I don’t like the way it flight

Got my new LED lights installed[video=youtube;BqPABwocEBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqPABwocEBE[/video]. If any of you are interested in some very cool lights for a night launch, Don (dlb) is the MAN!

Caught up on a lot of forum reading and ordered a Wildman 2-stage Jr. rocket and some associated supplies.

I think the transfer from my old Windows 7 laptop to my new Windows 8 laptop is almost complete!! Woot!

I received an email from Apogee today with a new serial number for my copy of Rocksim (Yup, the new version no longer has a license file!) Yay to Apogee for getting me back up and running so painlessly !!

This is the 3rd laptop I've had with Rocksim - Both transfers have been no more difficult than sending off an email and explaining that I've changed computers :)

Krusty

I do the oposite today, I remove Windows 8 from a brand new customer's laptop to install Windows 7.

I do the oposite today, I remove Windows 8 from a brand new customer's laptop to install Windows 7.

I thought long and hard about that. Windows 8 will, unfortunately, be the future. So I figured that I had better get a handle on it now.

That said, the PC hooked up to my laser is still running XP :)

Krusty

started on my WildChild yesterday, today prep'd to add filets
Pulled my Wild Thang Jr parts together to start on it next, took preliminary pictures for the build thread.

Back