What did you do rocket wise today?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20130714_102007_11.jpgI flew my LOC 4" V2 today on a LOKI H144. That is an awesome motor!LOC V2 LOKI H144.jpg

Last edited:
Finished two birds for the upcoming NARAM. The Custom Matra is slightly modified. The parachute tube was lengthened, the original seven fin design was changed to a six fin design, and the bottom fins were attached upside down. I'll let you figure out which of the three mods was unintentional.:wink:

Second is a BT-55 upscale of the FSI Dart. I called it Kingpin after an old Manfred Mann song. I plan to fly it on an E9, not sure if it will be a 6 or 8 second delay. I'd like to say 8, but the last 8 I flew only made it ten feet off the pad before it detonated. I'd like to have a different outcome with this one.

Busy weekend.

Talked to WeFly2 yesterday about trading some rocket poxy for a 5 inch Jart fin guide that WarnerR made.

Stopped by Fyrwrx Dave and showed him flying saucer prototype .

Impromptu build session with CaveDuck last night he is jamming on some CloneWerks competition models.

Today primered V2 and bought some tried and true AT hardware from AndyC - to many Cooks ! :)

Kenny

Last edited:
I guess! $499.99 for the 5" Jart? WOW! Glad I got my 2 when I did............. Or is Kevin having math problems again? I thought they were $149.99?

I get 50% of the price of every Jart sold...... (wishful thinking!)

Nah, that's a holdover from when I inadvertently set everything on the site to $499.99; the 5" Jart wasn't available at the time, so I didn't fix it. When we just added it back, I forgot to check the price. :facepalm:

I'll get it fixed, once I verify the correct price with Tim.

-Kevin

Wrapped the light strips on my night rocket "Venus":

It doesn't look like this in the video, just click on the pic. and it should come up.
I still haven't removed the protective wrap from the reflective G-10 fins, but you can see a bright strip right above the external fillets. That's not a darkened room either, full AZ sunshine through the windows behind it. Almost done it weighs in at 7 lbs. 8 oz.

It doesn't look like this in the video, just click on the pic. and it should come up.
I still haven't removed the protective wrap from the reflective G-10 fins, but you can see a bright strip right above the external fillets. That's not a darkened room either, full AZ sunshine through the windows behind it. Almost done it weighs in at 7 lbs. 8 oz.

Man that is bright! I am guessing Mark had something to do with this lol!

Looks like a Concept 54. What motor are you planning for it?

Yeah I pretty sure its a carbon fiber concept 54. My waiver is only to about 11K so a full J or small K :(

Mixed and cast ~3200g of North Alabama White for a 76/6000Ns Moon Burner motor for AIRFest in a 3" MD rocket.

CLICK the Photo! That is awesome - Well done sir !

It is reminiscent of the ST TNG Enterprise's Warp Core - any chance of changing the name to 'Warp Core Breech' ?

At that weight , you can definitely use a punchy motor!

Kenny

Picked up a bunch of donations for the local club, from an old fellow who inherited them from a friend. Nine late-80s vintage Estes kits and something like 50 packs of motors. First B8-5 motors I've seen in decades!

I launched six or so models at the Oregon Rocketry Wilsonville launch. Best flight was a Semroc Maxi-Micron with the drop-off booster. B6-0 to B4-6. Worst wa my Black Knight, which was semi-stable and did a weird sort of flip, ending up belly-flopping on the roof of a sun shelter. The rear ejection system worked perfectly! I'll have to add a lot of nose weight, and and use C6-3 or B6-2 in the future.

Man that is bright! I am guessing Mark had something to do with this lol!

Mark wimped out on me, pretty much a Wayco original. He did get the first set of light strips, but I needed two more to finish it. Over 600 led lights and four 12v strobes in the N/C.

CLICK the Photo! That is awesome - Well done sir !

It is reminiscent of the ST TNG Enterprise's Warp Core - any chance of changing the name to 'Warp Core Breech' ?

At that weight , you can definitely use a punchy motor!

Kenny

Hey! I like that name..... Might just do that. I'm planning on putting it up on a CTI J520 Skidmark to around 3000 ft. but that could be off some, hard to figure Cd with all the lights wrapped on it.

Yesterday, cleaned up the MDRM, Ordered parts to repair my Archer. Placing order w Apogee for an Aeropack 38mm retainer, U-bolts, rail buttons, etc.

Looks great! You're lucky in that you have several different units with semi-similar footprints. I'd have great difficulty putting the RRC3 in the same spot as a Raven, for example.

Yes, my Raven applications are still in place (addressed by the two I have) based on need/desire for accelerometer measures, size, more complex staging and/or four outputs.

I'm picking up some epoxy for my new estes Argent
I also modified my estes Heatseeker to have dual parachute deployment. 6" on the nose cone, 12" with spill hole on the rest
put a 6" parachute on my Mini Honest John which i've been flying without a recovery device for 12 flights now
launched my vintage Estes Phoenix for the first time: https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?56136-Old-Rocket-Restoration/page3
put new streamers on my Astron Elliptic 2
checked the fins on my Astron Elliptic and Comanche 3

Completed ground testing of my Madcow Tomach.
We are go for launch at the upcoming Desert Heat launch.

Couldn't help myself.
Chris's Rockets Supplies is having a moving sale.
I bought 3 more Loki reloads.

Stopped by troj's and picked up my complement of RRC3 hardware; 1 alt, 1 LCD, and 1 USB. If my schedule permits, it will be airborne this Saturday a the THOR launch. Oh, and saw my BRB GPS all in one piece for what may be the last time. Bring her home safe, Manny! ;)

Repaired wing damage to my Interceptor from last night's launch. Went fishing for treesharks. Caught one, an Estes Sabre, still two swinging from the branches of a tall elm.
Determined why my X Wing did some spectacular loops off the rod, the motor mount end is 3/32 off center. Duh on my part.
Cleaned launch rods. Joy. Sand, wipe, repeat, steel wool, wipe with oil.

Back