What did you do rocket wise today?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Might also add rail buttons for a bit more flexibility.

This is the first thing you should do, a 4" rocket like the G-Force is too big for a 1/4" rod , I try it and the rod flex only supporting the rocket, ( look at the pic I try it few months ago ) just imagine the whip you will have at launch.

View attachment 137598

Kinda why I was thinking that. Might use the airfoil style Apogee sells ( I have a set in in the parts bin.) They might be long enough to cover the slot in the BT they cut for the lugs.

Last edited:
Kinda why I was thinking that. Might use the airfoil style Apogee sells ( I have a set in in the parts bin.) They might be long enough to cover the slot in the BT they cut for the lugs.

for the slot, I don't remove the small pieces of cardboard and I put some CA glue, when it dry a little bit bondo or whatever filler fix the rest

for the slot, I don't remove the small pieces of cardboard and I put some CA glue, when it dry a little bit bondo or whatever filler fix the rest
Awesome, thanks for the tip Jerry! As soon as it gets here and I do the full inventory and dry fit of various iterations I'll start a build thread.

Last night I sanded the first finish coat of the BlackOps 38 and started the fillets and rail guide mounts with putty on the V2.

Also am trying 3rd layer of FG on FyrWrx Daves Flying Saucer - did a quick layup last night and pulled it this morning - WOOT !

Received Estes Executioner from FleaBay guy in CT and received rail button order .

20130711_082330b.jpg

Kenny

Last edited:
-Still working on my X-Wing PMC. Glued fuselage together. Waiting for lead shot for nose weight.
-Painted my Estes Twister. Should be fun to launch.
-Repaired an old Estes Dagger. Put in new elastic shock cord for launch this weekend.

Last night ... I started sorting rocketry stuff from a few big boxes into several more-organized smaller boxes. I recently bought some parts for my current build even though I know I had some on-hand. I'm trying to avoid that in the future.

-- Roger

Cleaned out my workshop, and built a case holder out of a box and some styrofoam.

Ordered my first Fruity Chutes, a 60" Iris Ultra that is destined for a 5.5" Nike Smoke.

Mounted my new Missile Works altimeter on a mounting plate.
Held a little ceremony for my now retired ARTS1.

JD

So much for the post office motto "Neither rain, nor sleet, nor ...". I was home all day today and the door bell never rang. Went out to the mailbox after lunch to find a delivery notice for a insured package from Fruity Chutes. I guess the rain we just too much for the guy to get out of his vehicle and ring the door bell. Now I have to go to the post office to sign for my 120" Iris Ultra chute. Enough whining.

I sanded the fins on the Behemoth Bertha 75 after applying a bit more filler earlier in the day. I think I'm to the point where spraying primer is the next thing to do. I and several other SEVRA members will be going to Camp Pendleton tomorrow to speak with 167 scouts and their parents about rocketry. I'll be bringing my Black Star Voyager upscale and talking about NASA rocketry. Hopefully we'll get to fly something, but the forecast does not look promising.

I finished adding the stiffeners to the larger joints in my Fractal fin units, and put a second fillet on every joint. Then I marked the airframe and installed the laundry.

Not a darn thing !! I looked , I saw , I had a glass of vino and relaxed. There was that posting thing though-----

Tried to make a sled that holds my Stratologger, rotary switch and a battery holder in less than 6". I'm pretty close, but the leads out the bottom of the switch are right next to the battery terminal on the Stratologger. I need a shorter altimeter or a longer coupler/avbay.
Mixed up my first batch of "Rocketpoxy" and built the motor mount for my night rocket. I'm using the GLR "Groove lok" adapter to hold the reflective G-10 fins. Pretty slick setup and the Rocketpoxy is easy to work with.

Awesome, thanks for the tip Jerry! As soon as it gets here and I do the full inventory and dry fit of various iterations I'll start a build thread.
You're also going to want to ditch the metal clip and engine block for an Aeropack retainer so you can use longer motors.

I had a 4-H fair rocket build session at my house today. (Actually first I cleaned the garage so they would have space to work!) Fliskits Triskelions for the 1st and 2nd year builders. One of the older kids is tackling an Alien 8.

Tried to make a sled that holds my Stratologger, rotary switch and a battery holder in less than 6". I'm pretty close, but the leads out the bottom of the switch are right next to the battery terminal on the Stratologger. I need a shorter altimeter or a longer coupler/avbay.
Mixed up my first batch of "Rocketpoxy" and built the motor mount for my night rocket. I'm using the GLR "Groove lok" adapter to hold the reflective G-10 fins. Pretty slick setup and the Rocketpoxy is easy to work with.

Groovy and psychadelic !

You probably would have finished if not distracted my some yahoo yammering in your ear.

Kenny

It does record data.
Not so sure about the apogee charge though.

I'll have to sit down and test it.
The biggest problem with that is: making it play nice with Win7 64 bit.
It takes some time for it to connect.

JD

Does the ARTS still work?

Had to put the kids rockets back together after they took the chutes and recovery wadding out. lol. That's about it.

Groovy and psychadelic !

You probably would have finished if not distracted my some yahoo yammering in your ear.

Kenny

One hour and twenty nine minutes, I don't even talk to Sharon for that long!
Good to hear from you anyway.
I decided to scrap the rotary switch and just twist and tuck the wires like CJ does. Problem solved.

You're also going to want to ditch the metal clip and engine block for an Aeropack retainer so you can use longer motors.
R12ski: Already have that in mind, however most of the big guys are out of stock on them. So, while I am building i'll be putting together an order for that and a bunch of motors!

Last night I hauled the canopy out of the shed along with the cooler and a couple chairs for this weekends MDRA Launch. So tonight all I have to do is load it all in the truck, make some sandwhichs and maybe assemble the first re-load!

Kept working on my X-Wing plastic model conversion. It's looking more and more like this is going to end in heartbreak. Model is just so small and heavy.

Here's what I'm launching tomorrow. Calvin and Hobbes Minie Magg, Estes Twister, Dunkin Donuts custom build, rehabilitated old Estes Dagger, Quest Quadrunner, Revell X-Wing plastic model conversion, flying square, Birdie, Condor Boost Glider. Everything but the square and the birdie are flying for the first time as built (Dagger has flown before, but this is the first since the repair).

Dotting the i's and crossing the t's with all these rockets is what I did today.

image-1472982687.jpg

Back