What did you do rocket wise today?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been kicking around the idea of getting one. I already have one of the double unit Missile Works 3D printed sleds. Hopefully before Midwest Blast 2 I'll have one so I can push that 12k waiver.

It seams pretty cool - but consider the BT module as well - I prefer to see on a map.
12K at 3 oaks - man that's brave! I'm too chicken considering my tree landing last year but you know that field better than I. I see your posts and you've been busy! Hope to see you at the Blast

Nothing.

Answered a post. Just got back into the Heavy Truck Trade on Monday (I'm just doing it for the money because I need money to live) and haven't touched a rocket or rocket related item in 2 years.

But.....I'm still around. Still showing my happy face here and my super patriotic Beaver avatar. :D

I edited video from last summer's flight of our upscale Dragonfly.

[video=youtube;M6Jq9-5t6Hw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6Jq9-5t6Hw[/video]

It was a little warmer, but I also shot primer on my Sprint XL and STM-012. :wink: Maybe later I'll shoot the transparent colors over the Chrome on my ACME Spitfire.

For my next rocket, I decided to create a "kit" first before building. A BT-70 upscale of an Estes...???

Broke out my old Vaughn Brothers Javelin and Aerotech Arcas. They were built around 1998 and neither has flown since '01.

Both put in perfect flights on F-50-6s.:cool:

Added an E-bay to my Sprint XL. Shopped some sites, looked into the Nike PSII and MDRM kits. All the kids are building them:cool:

Worked on my Madcow Aerobee Hi. Recovery eyebolts in coupler and forward CR and CR epoxied to MMT. Glued a small piece of wood to the aft CR for the aft rail button to screw into. Coupler epoxied to payload tube. Forward rail button in place.

Aerobee 1.jpgAerobee 3.jpg

Launched a new rocket.....lost a new rocket (and Chute Release)....ouch!

Edited a video together of small-field flying with PSII-sized rockets using the Aerotech F44 motor.

[video=youtube;eokcNB-B000]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eokcNB-B000[/video]

Launched a new rocket.....lost a new rocket (and Chute Release)....ouch!

Honestly, ouch. I'm thinking of adding a "Reward if Found" sticker to some of my rockets.

Today I looked into my box o rockets and noticed I was missing a couple and ordered an Estes D-Region Tom, Nike PSII and a MegaDRM.

Also looked at the company ASP and their rocket kits. Anyone like their stuff, pros/cons?

I have my old Estes Vigilante that I want to rebuild. So I received all the parts for the motor mounts and have the balsa for fins. I already have the body tubing. My original has seen it's better days. The body has done a couple of rough landing and bent in two. The motor mount dried up since it's been like close to 40 years old. I also repainted it black. I want to have it back to original yellow with decals and all. So far with the parts I bought in small bulk for other rebuilds it will cost my less than $7 in parts. So today just epoxied the motor mount together and cut the new body tube. My next part is seeing if I can transfer the dimensions of the fins to some balsa to cut new ones. The nose cone and the booster stage are fine. Just need to repaint the booster.

Michael

I ordered a Loc Precision IV today. I am planning on doing my level 1 cert at LDRS 36. Now, on to planning a beefed up recovery system with a chute release.

I took the 3D printer plunge, and ordered a Prusa i3 mk2. Unfortunately, they are back ordered for about 7 weeks, so no instant gratification Amazon Prime action. This will delay my planned CNC router, as the funds just got spent, but I was always planning to get both, order doesn't really matter to me.

Started cleaning up the 20+ rockets we flew at Eagle eye last weekend, and prepping them for "Holtville Havoc" this weekend. Looks like the weather might be as good in Holtville as it was at Eagle eye. Awesome!

I ordered a Loc Precision IV today. I am planning on doing my level 1 cert at LDRS 36. Now, on to planning a beefed up recovery system with a chute release.

Sounds like a plan for success. Recovery failures are the #1 reason for failed flights. Good luck!

Squared off all of the ends and sanded and washed my next build, the Bomb Pop. I think this is going to be a fun one to fly. Looks great, even in the dry fit stage. Decided to go ahead and start on the nose cone coupler...
ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1488301271.337292.jpgImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1488301284.030542.jpgImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1488301296.199749.jpg

Back