What did you do rocket wise today?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Toyed around in Open Rocket since I have no time to actually fly anything. I'll get there eventually.

Continued playing around in SolidWorks.... This is a Loki Research #16 nozzle. I have the case file as well.

Solidworks is fun. :)

nozzle.PNG

Finished my Estes Centuri Kit far enough to make it flyable.
I'll paint it as soon as I can get some more paint, but at least now I can put her up and see what she does!:)

ESTES Centuri 24mm RB MB 2015-04-19 003.jpg

ESTES Centuri 24mm RB MB 2015-04-19 006.jpg

Conceptual Illustration:
CeNTuriEEE.png

Last edited:
Shot the final clear coat on my Goblin 5.5. All that remains is to polish it out and add the vinyl decals as soon as Stickershock23 is open for business again.

Epoxied yet another aft fin on the Madcow Frenzy with clamps and bars to keep it in alignment with the forward one.

Let's see, I filled & filleted a Mini Max, finished painting a Baby Bertha, did the filling as required on my BT80 Ranger, started painting a Photon Disrupter, papered (well, foiled) the fins on Noctua #1 and cut out the fins for #2. All that, and hauled my old Ranchero from my father's garage (where its resided for the last 20 years) to mine. Not really rocket related, but when I was 16, I would drive it onto the field, open the hood, and connect my launch controller to the battery...

WP_003129.jpgWP_003130.jpgWP_003122.jpg

Last edited:
I filleted the launch lugs of my Estes PSII "Scion."

I plan on finishing the top & bottom tubes separately.

Let's see, I painted my Photon Disruptor, masked the remaining fins for the PS2 Nike Smoke and painted the white, and in the process, I knocked over my second Estes V-2 in the process and cracked two fins. I repaired and papered the fins on my second V-2 model, sanded and primed my Mini Max, sanded the filler on my BT80 Ranger and got the initial primer on it, and did a little filling and filleting on Noctua #1. All told, it seems like I got a lot done in a 3 hour period last night...

Flew my Estes Centuri #3232 kit. First on a C11-3, then second on a D12-5. Both perfect flights landing within 70 feet of the pad.

Centuri Launches 2015-04-21 001.jpgCenturi Launches 2015-04-21 011.JPGCenturi Launches 2015-04-21 003.jpgCenturi Launches 2015-04-21 007.jpgCenturi Launches 2015-04-21 018.jpg

Sprayed primer on Ventris and Caliber ISP. Put another coat of white on the Saturn V. Realized I forgot to attach the launch lugs to the Saturn V. Sanded bad paint job from booster of Astron Elliptic II and sprayed with primer.

Built an Estes Pro Series II Ascender and booster. I'm sure the booster will only get used on the calmest day of the year. Or out at the farm, far away from anyone and anything.
Thinking about how (or if) to make it dual deploy.

Adrian

I had a length of 1-1/2 inch aluminum angle material laying around that was not being used. Decided to cut a few pieces from it to use to clamp multiple fin set-ups to keep them in alignment...think Dark Star, THOR, Frenzy,etc. Cut the pieces to length, rounded all the corners, and used them to align the final(!) fin on my Frenzy.

Next come the fillets...lots of them...sigh...

Ground tested my stretched old man vindicator first dual deploy with issues.

Built motor tube of my L2 attempt rocket LOC Magnum

Finished my fin jig

And of course .. Ordered parts ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1429706639.921298.jpgImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1429706682.612394.jpg

Built the 75mm L395 Mellow load for my Mongoose, and prepped it for this weekends flight. Then I built an H178 Dark Matter for "Reduke", my old LOC Nuke Pro Max. While finishing it up, I got an Email from TRA/PHX letting everyone know that the launch is cancelled. Apparently, Luke Air force base needs the airspace for some special operations this weekend.

Re-did the Openrocket File for my upcoming BT-80 based 29mm AMRAAM AIM-120.
I designed this all on my old computer and have'nt had time to get back into it til' today.:)
I already had my templates made up and all the parts ready to start building.

View attachment 261504

View attachment 261505

Looks like it is in "cruise missile" mode.

Today I got my order of Proline 4100 epoxy from Rocketry Warehouse. I love the $4.99 flat rate shipping!

Today I ordered a bunch of stuff from Belleville Hobby. I finished painting Mini Max and my PSII Nike Smoke, painted the white & red portions of my Astron Ranger. And just finished putting the decals on Baby Bertha, shown here with Mama Bertha:

WP_003136.jpg

I guess the nose cone doesn't fall from the tree. Maybe I need to refine that phrase... :facepalm:

Yesterday I completed a Phoenix Bird, and painted a Red Max, a Mini Max, a Baby Bertha, and a Mini Fat Boy. Today I'll be assembling a-Flutter By and sanding a few more rockets that are sitting in primer.

While walking my Dog in my woods, I spotted this PNC-20 size nose cone from one of my sacrificial rockets.
I'll get some bt-20 and use it for a minimum diameter 18mm build.

TodaysWoods find 2015-04-22 001.jpg

Also tip to tipped my 24mm minimum diameter build and worked on sims.

Tiptotip24mmmdtri 2015-04-23 001.jpg

Last edited:
Opened my OneBadHawk harnesses for my DarkoStar. Everything is in hand except for the motor... Woot! Level 2 is in sight...

Back