What did you do rocket wise today?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found a long skinny box on my porch today...the important part of the contents pictured below. a Wildman sport rocket kit. looks like it will be a tad over 31" long, 2.25" dia. and a bit over 550g assembled. for those who are unfamiliar with Wildman kits, that is entire contents of the kit. the builder will to supply launch guides, motor retainer, 17' of Kevlar shock cord, and a parachute(15" looks about right). guess I'll have to wait until the next launch to get the shock cord so I can start building.
Rex

wmsport 001.jpg

I surfed the net and came up with a couple of rocket assisted gliders from Edmonds Aerospace for sale by Erockets.biz

So I broke down and bought a few to experiment with, and to burn off some of the smaller mini-rockets (1/4A3-3, 1/2A3-2) that I have laying around....

Now if it will just arrive before my vacation kicks in next week, I might be able to finish one or two before the club launch in August.

You'll be amazed at how easy these are to have flight-ready. :wink:

Moving all my rockets to their new home. 18 by 24 workshop and 12 by 32 storage building. Finally enough space.

I found a long skinny box on my porch today...the important part of the contents pictured below. a Wildman sport rocket kit. looks like it will be a tad over 31" long, 2.25" dia. and a bit over 550g assembled. for those who are unfamiliar with Wildman kits, that is entire contents of the kit. the builder will to supply launch guides, motor retainer, 17' of Kevlar shock cord, and a parachute(15" looks about right). guess I'll have to wait until the next launch to get the shock cord so I can start building.
Rex
I got one too, along with a DS mini. No offence, but I was a bit surprised to see it so soon! Tim flew the Wildman Sport last Saturday on E F G H and I to put it through the paces, I'm looking forward to doing the same!

Rex

Is this one of the new "fiberglass filled polycarbonate" nosecones? If so, can you post some more pictures of it?

Where's this kit offered for sale?

Ordered 2 more RRC2+ Altimters, one for my new Mega Max and one for my Son's Madcow Pike which he's going to build for his L1 later this year.

Sprayed some blue on my Blue Bird Zero. I'll let it rest for about a week then apply the decals.

IMG_7830.jpg

IMG_7832.jpg

IMG_7834.jpg

Moving all my rockets to their new home. 18 by 24 workshop and 12 by 32 storage building. Finally enough space.

For that to be enough space for your rockets are those measurements in yards, or does this not include the build pile?

In any event, congrats on the new space...if anyone could put it to good use it would be you.

it is indeed one of Tim's new molded noses(according to one source, the Mach 4 nose...). I bought mine straight from Tim (@ the Bong), presumably it will show up on the website when someone has time to 'write the instructions' :).
it is a one piece design and should hold paint/epoxy well. not visible in the photos and barely visible to the eye are a series of lines molded into the nose at 0.5", 2.25", 4.75", and 7.5" that might be useful for painting (though I don't know if they would show up after priming). I will have to do a bit of sanding on the tip as mine is a tad bit mis-shaped(not to mention a scuff mark or two from rubbing the body tube during shipping).
Rex

nose 002.jpg

nose 001.jpg

While not strictly rocketry related, I developed the physics for why the mass of a black hole does not collapse into a point singularity. It can only collapse so far before it reaches equilibrium. This is a fundamentally quantum hypothesis (quantum gravity, if you will) and begins to describe the nature of space-time at very small length scales. It was a fun day at work.

While not strictly rocketry related, I developed the physics for why the mass of a black hole does not collapse into a point singularity. It can only collapse so far before it reaches equilibrium. This is a fundamentally quantum hypothesis (quantum gravity, if you will) and begins to describe the nature of space-time at very small length scales. It was a fun day at work.

Holy crap, someone has a nerdier job than mine! I just spent the day arguing the finer points of protein folding, then tending to my superconducting cryomagnet (Varian 400MR NMR)...down right pedestrian by comparison.

Spent a day on the range at NARAM doing some tracking work for the altitude events and making minimally successful attempts to fly the FAI 3-round PD event. Will be taking pics of the scale models shortly.

Holy crap, someone has a nerdier job than mine! I just spent the day arguing the finer points of protein folding, then tending to my superconducting cryomagnet (Varian 400MR NMR)...down right pedestrian by comparison.

Protein folding is just a quantum transition rather than a dynamical path. It happens too fast.

Protein folding is just a quantum transition rather than a dynamical path. It happens too fast.

Not when you have to consider the partial folding/prefolding contribution of chaperones that occur as a polypeptide is coming off the ribosome during translation. Especially a particularly slow translating one like ************ that I work on. Oh the gory, horrible details of ************* folding I could tell you if it didn't violate my confidentiality agreement.

Anyway, back to the rockets: I uploaded an RRC3 data file that illustrates some questions I have about incongruity between the beeped alt and the file recorded alt. I believe Jim is going to have a look and explain it to me.

Not when you have to consider the partial folding/prefolding contribution of chaperones that occur as a polypeptide is coming off the ribosome during translation. Especially a particularly slow translating one like ************ that I work on. Oh the gory, horrible details of ************* folding I could tell you if it didn't violate my confidentiality agreement.

Anyway, back to the rockets: I uploaded an RRC3 data file that illustrates some questions I have about incongruity between the beeped alt and the file recorded alt. I believe Jim is going to have a look and explain it to me.

I can dig up the reference on the modeling of protein folding as a quantum transition and email it to you, if you do not already have it. It is rather powerful and surprising.

I can dig up the reference on the modeling of protein folding as a quantum transition and email it to you, if you do not already have it. It is rather powerful and surprising.

I doubt I have the math for that, but thanks anyway. I stopped after multivariable calculus and haven't used that since quantum mechanics class, 13 years ago.

CTI G69 Classic
1512755_10202558024134212_6217593729658681192_n.jpg

[YOUTUBE]Av3JoS6rzJ0[/YOUTUBE]

Got these in the mail today with my renewal.

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1406867616.571309.jpg

The 1-year pin looks like an AA... What do they call them, chips?

Ari.

Applied primer to FlisKit’s “Nomad” aka “Error, Error, Analyze” You have to be a big Star Trek nerd to get that one.

Breaking out the motors, chutes, etc. and selecting and packing the rockets for tomorrows P.A.R.C. launch.

Might try and fly the “Robert Bussard” on a G76. Last flew it on a G64 and it reached the staggering altitude of a telephone pole. The “RB” is a spool rocket weighing about 3.5 lbs so telephone pole altitudes on a G64 aren’t that bad. I built it to handle 29mm high power and plan to fly it at Airfest on a H128 W or some such.

I received and and installed the magnetic switch for the altimeter on my LOC DoorKnob. I also spent some time sanding the primer on the NC.

Ordered some more Acme Conformal Rail Guides from Giant Leap Rocketry and started building the TLP Martel AS.37.

Ordered some nosecones and various parts from Jonrocket. Attempting to finish cleaning out the garage in time to fly this evening.

Back