Help Support RocketryForum by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.


Page 587 of 587 FirstFirst ... 87 487 537 577 583 584 585 586 587
Results 17,581 to 17,601 of 17601
  1. #17581
    Join Date
    9th July 2014
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    1,385
    Managed to build an Eggfinder Mini without effing it up!


  2. #17582
    Join Date
    18th June 2014
    Posts
    97
    I'm going to try and attend my first night launch at MWP this year, so it's time to put together a night launch rocket. I picked up some clear tubing at Home Depot that is about BT-60 and have a bit of a plan in mind.

    First step was to setup the lights. Last night I put together an Arduino Pro Mini, a strip of WS2811 LEDS and a 2S lipo. After putting it all together I let it run for 1hr 20min and it was still going strong.

    Here is a short clip of how it looks :



    cheers - mark


  3. #17583
    Join Date
    25th June 2014
    Posts
    631
    Finished up a motor mount for the LOC, sewed 16 nomex chute protectors (12" x 12") and bought a bigger 3D printer.

  4. #17584
    Join Date
    18th October 2016
    Posts
    274
    Flew another I-motor Tripoli record attempt flight yesterday. The wind was blowing about 10mph at launch and it turned quite a bit after clearing the tower. I didn't beat my last flight with it, but 14,038' with a CTI I224 isn't totally horrible either. Fun stuff!

    TRA L2. I-class record: "Vanish 29" with an I224, 14,596ft, Mach 1.92. Video here.

  5. #17585
    Join Date
    21st January 2017
    Location
    Wichita KS
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by GrouchoDuke View Post
    Flew another I-motor Tripoli record attempt flight yesterday. The wind was blowing about 10mph at launch and it turned quite a bit after clearing the tower. I didn't beat my last flight with it, but 14,038' with a CTI I224 isn't totally horrible either. Fun stuff!
    That thing sounds almost like a .22 rifle firing. Love it!
    TRA #16895 L2

  6. #17586
    Join Date
    18th October 2016
    Posts
    274
    Quote Originally Posted by AeroAggie View Post
    That thing sounds almost like a .22 rifle firing. Love it!
    KA-POW!!
    TRA L2. I-class record: "Vanish 29" with an I224, 14,596ft, Mach 1.92. Video here.

  7. #17587
    Join Date
    31st May 2011
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    2,496
    Well done..keep chipping away at it

    Sent from my LG-LS997 using Rocketry Forum mobile app
    Fiesta Area Rocket Team - San Diego, CA

    TRA# 01113 L3, NAR # 38484 -DART, NAR Section #317
    GHS 2011 PB-X ROCstock XXXV GHS 2012 PB XI ROCstock XXXVII PBXII SPRINGFEST 2014 ROCstock XXXIX Oktoberfest 2014 LASTER Blaster ROCstock XL SPRINGFEST 2015 ROCstock XL1 ROCtober Oktoberfest 2015 LDRS XXXV ROCstock XLIII Holtville HAVOC Springfest 2017 --> ROCstock XLIV :dark:

  8. #17588
    Join Date
    18th October 2016
    Posts
    274
    Quote Originally Posted by KenRico View Post
    Well done..keep chipping away at it
    Thanks, will do! Flying sideways while fighting the wind doesn't help - I relearned to wait for calm winds.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vanish hiAOA launch.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	38.4 KB 
ID:	328182
    TRA L2. I-class record: "Vanish 29" with an I224, 14,596ft, Mach 1.92. Video here.

  9. #17589
    Join Date
    21st January 2017
    Location
    Wichita KS
    Posts
    56
    Working on my Tomach 54 sled today. I added a small rib to hold two screw switches and got one switch mounted. Once I get all the hardware located and mounted, I'll take a dremel to the sled and get some weight out.



    I also added a socket head screw that will pin the sled so that my switch holes line up. The socket head will be below flush in the coupler, not visible on the outside. The screw will not be subject to any flight loads as the sled will be completely supported by threaded rod and the lid.





    Screw switch access will be through the payload tube, which will also serve as one of the vent holes.

    TRA #16895 L2

  10. #17590
    Join Date
    3rd July 2017
    Posts
    19
    I launched my first ever rockets! The two from the Estes Tandem X set, the Amazon and Crossfire at the Midland Rocketry Midland Sky event.

    Crossfire flew A8-3, A8-3 (then told by RSO to use a bigger motor), B4-4 then C6-5. Even the A8-3s were satisfying, but the C6-5 was a seriously impressive flight.







    Amazon flew B4-4 then C6-3. The Klima B4-4 had a problem. The motor casing burned through around the nozzle plug and thrust was low. It nearly lawn darted into spectators, but everyone was paying attention and the chute popped just in time. The second flight on a C6-3 was much better and came down about 10m from the Crossfire's fourth flight.



    Youtube B4-4 doesn't quite go as planned.


  11. #17591
    Join Date
    11th April 2017
    Location
    Brisbane Australia
    Posts
    364
    Quote Originally Posted by RCgothic View Post
    I launched my first ever rockets! The two from the Estes Tandem X set, the Amazon and Crossfire at the Midland Rocketry Midland Sky event.

    Crossfire flew A8-3, A8-3 (then told by RSO to use a bigger motor), B4-4 then C6-5. Even the A8-3s were satisfying, but the C6-5 was a seriously impressive flight.







    Amazon flew B4-4 then C6-3. The Klima B4-4 had a problem. The motor casing burned through around the nozzle plug and thrust was low. It nearly lawn darted into spectators, but everyone was paying attention and the chute popped just in time. The second flight on a C6-3 was much better and came down about 10m from the Crossfire's fourth flight.



    [video=https://youtu.be/2jOkxs-3kxM]Youtube B4-4 doesn't quite go as planned.[/video]

    Welcome, welcome, welcome!! 👍🏻🚀
    Reasonably new to rocketry and hailing from the land down under.. I speak metric... I know not of these feet and inches you speak of...

    QRS: #193
    AMRS: #148

  12. #17592
    Join Date
    22nd August 2015
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    1,007
    Good and bad rocket weekend. I got my new L2 card in the mail yesterday. But before I could use my new license, I started packing up my rocketry stuff today. We are moving to an apartment next month while our new house is being built. Nearly all of my rocket stuff is going into storage for the winter. Depressing, but the new house will have a huge unfinished basement that will become the rocketarium.


    Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum
    NAR #100940, RIMRA & CMASS
    L1 - 4/17/16, Tyrannosaur (by Binder Design), Loki H144
    L2 - 8/19/17, Terrordactyl (by Binder Design), CTI J250

  13. #17593
    Join Date
    1st September 2011
    Location
    Greencastle, IN
    Posts
    1,474
    Cleaned and unpacked my rockets from Airfest. Straightened out all my OneBadHawk harnesses and stored until MWP


    Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum
    L1 - Ash Grove RIP L2 - OAMC - Tripoli OH - L3 - Mid West Power
    NAR - 96297 TRA-15713
    2016 burned - 24824 Ns
    2017 burned to date - 25082.0 Ns

  14. #17594
    Join Date
    22nd February 2013
    Location
    Garland, TX
    Posts
    3,421
    Quote Originally Posted by BDB View Post
    Good and bad rocket weekend. I got my new L2 card in the mail yesterday. But before I could use my new license, I started packing up my rocketry stuff today. We are moving to an apartment next month while our new house is being built. Nearly all of my rocket stuff is going into storage for the winter. Depressing, but the new house will have a huge unfinished basement that will become the rocketarium.


    Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum
    Cool on the new house, sad on the rocket hiatus. However, think of all the tremendous projects you can come up with in OR while you are waiting. Me thinks it is time you designed a minimum diameter 3 stage.
    So much of my rocket building time has been diverted toward my "other hobby": Race Timing

  15. #17595
    Join Date
    16th February 2014
    Location
    Gilroy, CA
    Posts
    2,071
    On Saturday I flew my modified 75mm BlackHawk to 37,789' on an M685. I posted more details in my build thread.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6436.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	38.2 KB 
ID:	328254
    Chris Attebery
    TRA 6602 L2
    Personal best: 24626' 1219mph

    www.ape-rc.com

  16. #17596
    Join Date
    11th January 2013
    Location
    Old Bridge,,,,,,,,,,,,, New Jersey
    Posts
    4,917
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick@JET View Post
    Cleaned and unpacked my rockets from Airfest. Straightened out all my OneBadHawk harnesses and stored until MWP


    Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum
    Nick,,
    Do me a favor,,
    Ask Michael P what he does with my harnesses when he gets home from a launch.. lol..

    Ima send him this thread in an email..

    Teddy




    www.Onebadhawk.com

    Ted Chernok
    Old Bridge New Jersey
    Radical Rocketeers
    MDRA
    METRA- BoD
    NAR # 87063
    Tripoli # 14443
    Level 3

  17. #17597
    Join Date
    7th July 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,050
    Quote Originally Posted by Onebadhawk View Post
    Nick,,
    Do me a favor,,
    Ask Michael P what he does with my harnesses when he gets home from a launch.. lol..

    Ima send him this thread in an email..

    Teddy
    So I am a bit anal. I disassemble my rockets completely, inspect for damage, wear and clean. The harnesses get a bath with laundry detergent and a bit of fabric softener then hung dry.

    What can I say, when I get out of the hobby whomever buys my stuff will be getting well taken care of stuff.
    Michael Pitfield
    TRA 14579 L2
    NAPAS BoD
    URRG
    MARS
    CRC

  18. #17598
    Join Date
    11th January 2013
    Location
    Old Bridge,,,,,,,,,,,,, New Jersey
    Posts
    4,917
    Quote Originally Posted by mpitfield View Post
    So I am a bit anal. I disassemble my rockets completely, inspect for damage, wear and clean. The harnesses get a bath with laundry detergent and a bit of fabric softener then hung dry.

    What can I say, when I get out of the hobby whomever buys my stuff will be getting well taken care of stuff.
    Lolololol....

    Thank you Michael...lol..

    I still think yur a lill crazy...

    Teddy




    www.Onebadhawk.com

    Ted Chernok
    Old Bridge New Jersey
    Radical Rocketeers
    MDRA
    METRA- BoD
    NAR # 87063
    Tripoli # 14443
    Level 3

  19. #17599
    Join Date
    1st September 2011
    Location
    Greencastle, IN
    Posts
    1,474
    Quote Originally Posted by mpitfield View Post
    So I am a bit anal. I disassemble my rockets completely, inspect for damage, wear and clean. The harnesses get a bath with laundry detergent and a bit of fabric softener then hung dry.

    What can I say, when I get out of the hobby whomever buys my stuff will be getting well taken care of stuff.
    That's funny, the main Chute on the Ultimate QCC feels nasty and I planned on messaging you and asking you what you washed your gear in. I remember you posting somewhere that you did that. So thanks good to know. I'll do that in the morning, glad you responded so fast.


    Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum
    L1 - Ash Grove RIP L2 - OAMC - Tripoli OH - L3 - Mid West Power
    NAR - 96297 TRA-15713
    2016 burned - 24824 Ns
    2017 burned to date - 25082.0 Ns

  20. #17600
    Join Date
    23rd March 2011
    Location
    Goodyear, AZ
    Posts
    2,794
    What's so anal about washing recovery gear? I do that too, it's just an annual thing for me, not after each flight. Be careful washing chutes though. Gentle cycle and mild detergent, or you will reduce the porosity of the fabric and and the chutes Cd.
    NAR 92675 L-3 TRA 14800 KG7IUN
    I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up.

  21. #17601
    Join Date
    9th August 2013
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    9,914
    Found free Estes Rocket Starter kit with lots of NIP motors on the side of the road for free!

    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •