What did you do rocket wise today?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Began steampunk model.
Started on X-15 model.

Little work on both, however.

Insofar, at least.

Easter egg hunt nose cone fail at cvs.
I was looking for a plastic Easter egg for a nose cone for my scratch built tp roll rocket. Those came in two flavors, too big or too many. This is a Bubba build I'm trying to make on the cheap, 20 candy filled eggs for $5.50 is too much! Plus I really don't need all that candy. The single ones the size of Ostrich eggs weren't any use either. Next stop Walgreens...

Launched several LPRs and one MPR with my sons (5 & 9). We just built the Estes Astronaut XL and Patriot missile. Both are outstanding flyers. I went for a 24mm engine mount instead of the original 18mm mount on the Patriot. That thing really flys great with a D12-5.

Threw out a can of red paint that put down several decent coats, then spit globs on the final coat!

Trying to get stuff done for a LPR launch coming up, and a HPR launch in May. These things sneak up on you quicker than you think when you're gone more than half the time. So far this morning I attached the shock cord on my daughter's pink STM-012, finished construction (minus balancing and decals) on my mini Pike, and finished structural repair work on my mini Frenzy's fin. The Phenolic tip on the Frenzy's nose cone took a ding as well so I CA'd it, sanded it down, and resprayed my favorite Rusto color back on. Good as new, sort of.

Weighed the Polecat. 7 pounds, 3 ounces with everything installed except a few grams worth of separation charges, the 54-38 adapter, and the motor itself.

I also placed an order on OneBadHawk's website for some nylon bling for the Polecat to keep the hecklers appeased :) .

Thanks Ryan (noffie) for taking the time out of your day to give me a harness so I could finish the airframe of my punisher. I'll try real hard to finish so you can at least see the first flight at MWB

You're Awesome!

Thanks Ryan (noffie) for taking the time out of your day to give me a harness so I could finish the airframe of my punisher. I'll try real hard to finish so you can at least see the first flight at MWB

You're Awesome!

No problem pal! Glad I could help out. Can't wait to see it fly at MWB! Great to see you again and talk rockets for a few minutes. Safe travels!

Put 1 coat of primer sealer, 3 coats of pearl white and 2 top coats on the fiberglass nose cone of my daughter's Mini cowabunga.

a23e4d36d8106c012a8e7a5d3467deb4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thx to Ryan was able to continue my Punisher build.
ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1491529865.077313.jpg

Also continued on one of my favorite rockets a Estes QCC Explorer (a standard Estes) replacing one I flew into the ground. Leaving the motor block out.

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1491529999.334824.jpg
ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1491530022.785168.jpg

Just put the final touch on up my Loc IV, by putting on some silver vinyl strips. This will be my L1 cert rocket at LDRS this weekend. I am currently planning on an H123 motor, but with the predicted wind I may need to step up the thrust a little more to achieve the (wind mph)*(weight) to thrust ratio some recommend

Loc_iv.jpg

Got decals on the Mini-Comanche 3 and the SEMROC Trident, minus clear coats. The orange paint on the Mini wasn't as opaque as I was hoping for so the sanded grey primer over white BT shows through, but it kind of has a digital camo look to it, so I decided not to repaint it.
ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1491584174.442905.jpg
ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1491584189.180790.jpg

I also got the third coat of Aerogloss filler on the Nike Apache, Goblin, and Sprint XL #2.
ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1491584266.327831.jpg

And I'm ready to install rail buttons on my new Big Daddy (with recycled NC from the first one).
ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1491584350.431590.jpg

All that, and it's only noon! But I may or may not get much more done today unfortunately.

Added 2 coats of Pink Pearl paint to the "Little Cowabunga". Need a name for it though, Pink Heefer is all I can think of at the moment. This is to commemorate Breast Cancer Awareness as well so another play on words might be like "Save the Udders" instead of "Save the Tatas". However, this is for my 9yr old daughter and can just hear the announcement at launch time for this rocket. :lol:

IMG_2169.jpg

Cut tubes for upscale Wizard and Viking. Laid out the cut lines for the King Kraken tube fins. Brought it with me to work tonight, labor has a safety meeting tonight so I have a few hours of slack time.....

Got the Mini Pike's decals on. I was originally calling this a desert scheme, but decided to rename it "Dead Grass Camo". Fortunately it has a bright red parachute that should help with spotting. A quick balance check shows good with 24mm motors but I might throw an ounce up front for good luck. Not sure if I'll fly it on 29mm.

20170407_172951.jpg

Got the Mini Pike's decals on. I was originally calling this a desert scheme, but decided to rename it "Dead Grass Camo". Fortunately it has a bright red parachute that should help with spotting. A quick balance check shows good with 24mm motors but I might throw an ounce up front for good luck. Not sure if I'll fly it on 29mm.

Great looking mini pike!

3" Punisher
- installed MMT
- installed 2 fins with double buttered edges w/ Rocketpoxy

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1491614713.626274.jpg

4" Super Batray
- rocketpoxy edges of fins
- CA'd inside of booster tube
- welded the 1/4" eyes
The rest on hold until im back at the shop.

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1491614737.189415.jpg

QCC Explorer
- installed all find onto air intakes
- started attaching intake/ fin assembly to tube

Problem is, in going to have 1.6" QCC, 4" QCC and 6" QCC, what's missing here??

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1491614767.801861.jpg

TMTG fillets on the Cherokee-C and D's, first of several coats of sanding sealer on the nose cones and fins. I bored the nose cones for nose weight, as both variants are built to the original short version.

Back