What did you do rocket wise today?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Worked on my scratch build X-Wing... and built a fin alignment fixture. Good times :wink:

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    243.4 KB · Views: 21
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    241 KB · Views: 21
  • X-Wing Alpha Rev 03 Dwg Sheet 8 of 8.jpg
    X-Wing Alpha Rev 03 Dwg Sheet 8 of 8.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 21
Prepped my Viper 3 with 3x E12-8's.
Cleaned my big launch pad and added a stop to the 1515 rail.
Installed the canopy to the Eurmax frame.
Finished up some odds and ends on Warp Core Breach. It needed a charge cup and ejection tests with the new Top Flight 58" thin mill chute I installed last week. Then I built a J520 Skidmark and inserted it in the MMT.
Prepped the avbay and charged the lipo for the Eggfinder in my 3" Blackstar.
Prepped the avbay in my 4" X-celerator "Rapiditty".
Prepped the avbay and recharged the lipo for the Eggfinder in my L3 bird "Red-Tailed Extreme". Then built an M1550 and added it.
Cleared out a space on the floor for "Redline", my Ultimate Darkstar and removed the N/C and avbay. Recharged the batteries for the Eggfinder and two WiFi switches and started to run out of steam.
Pretty full day of rocketry, getting ready to pack the trailer for our trip to LDRS.

Went to the TCR launch, flew the T300 Nike Smoke (early deployment/drag separate very minor damage to trailing edge of a fin) G64W to 1120', flew the WWII US NAVY themed Estes V2 on a F35W to 1401', Estes Goblin (Green Goblin) on a C11-5 to 418', and Orange Crush on a G76G to 1339'. Picked up a smokin' deal on a Loc 3.90" V2 over 40% off list price. Weather was very nice until about 3:30pm when the wind picked up enough for flyers to curtail flights over 5k'.

12 days until Delamar and I just got back from a business trip. Holy smokes, I have a ton of rocket work to do. I'm 3d printing my final-final-final fin cutting guide tonight.

At work again, not much else to do but edit and post another video in my Drago build series. I swear in the extra time it takes to do a build video instead of just building, I could have built an L3 project and learned macromolecular chemistry.

[video=youtube;gKo_zjGexhM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKo_zjGexhM[/video]

At work again, not much else to do but edit and post another video in my Drago build series. I swear in the extra time it takes to do a build video instead of just building, I could have built an L3 project and learned macromolecular chemistry.

[video=youtube;gKo_zjGexhM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKo_zjGexhM[/video]

Watched all five this evening.. Nicely done! I know how much of a PITA it is to record and edit these things, so kudos for making the effort! Keep an eye on the "body blocking" of the view... I know it is hard to do when you are recording and acting solo...

Keenly anticipating the next ones in the series!

Just ordered and paid for the parts for my custom build 102mm (4" apparently..) DD custom Deadpool rocket:
https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?145203-New-102mm-project-Chimichunga-I

It only took my LRV 3 months to get the quote done.. It's funny, I usually reply within the hour whenever they have asked follow up questions. I get the feeling today they hung around after they sent the final list of Q's knowing I would be on top of them within minutes... (you would almost think I had been bursting at the seams without a project to work on... ;) )

I can see how HPR makes serious holes in peoples wallets, and this is only quantum tube, and not FG or CF...

Mind you, the CTI starter kit and the RRC3 plus accessories was probably 25% of the price, so that's all re-usable (so long as I don't kill it all on launch #1)

Where the hell are all the philanthropic rocketry patrons when you need them?!?!?

Cleaned & dusted my casings today.
Especially my 18 & 24mm casings. Hoping to do some park flying this weekend.

Ben

The cavernous garage/rocket lair in our new house is starting to take shape. Looks like the perfect place to build an L3 project....
84DA0AC6-7181-45B2-B0D0-958E5C9B4239.jpeg

Boys and I got a new nose cone, now time to build a rocket for it to sit on 😎
FPDg9r.jpg

Finally got past the parts cutting, sanding and prepping for my Falcon 3, and tacked on the first fin. After beefing up the fin alignment guides that come with it.

Last edited:
Yep, 3M epoxy gun. Has multiple plungers for the different mix ratios.

cool. a hand tool I don't own (yet) ...looking for an overpriced German-manufactuered version on KC Tools right now...<g>

Last edited:
I have nothing in mind today but I have enjoyed reading the messages here. Looking forward blasting my own rocket someday.

Finally got past the parts cutting, sanding and prepping for my Falcon 3, and tacked on the first fin. After beefing up the fin alignment guides that come with it.

You know your a chemist when....you store things in Qorpak bottles in your garage!

I bet this L3 build and flight will be half as complex as the V2 but twice as satisfying.

You know your a chemist when....you store things in Qorpak bottles in your garage!

I bet this L3 build and flight will be half as complex as the V2 but twice as satisfying.

...and the stuff you store in those bottles is of a little higher quality than would be usual in a garage.

This rocket is an entirely different beast than the V2, and yes, about 1/10 as involved to build. The epoxy is going to be the fins and one coupler.

Back