What did you do rocket wise today?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not today, but I launched some rockets last weekend:

[video=youtube;yiYB5JUUvzQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiYB5JUUvzQ[/video]

Finished painting our for first big rocket - an Estes Argent. I think the paint cost about the same as the rocket! Added some stickers from Michael's to give it a name. Hope to launch it this Saturday on a G40W and if that goes well, an H something for my L1.

I took this picture from a different angle in my workshop, it looks a little less messy in this direction :)

Lauren and Smore Delight Finished.jpg

Just got the to ahead to start my L3 project from my L3CC member.

This rabbit hole is much deeper than it originally appeared to be.

that S'more rocket seems to have something stuck to the side :), looks nice.
Rex

Thanks for the praise guys!

Today I took a video of my Eggfinder Tricorder in action - not sure how to get it to imbed...tried several times, but I got the link in: :)
[video]https://vid1108.photobucket.com/albums/h417/Kendo68/2015-10-05%2020.11.28.mp4[/video]

I think it's even cooler knowing that the lights and buttons all still blink and beep and bloop. :)

Worked on Quest Cobalt and continued designing Der Tough Max, a 24mm Red Max kit bash in 24 mm.

Sanded, sealed, and stood to dry, the newly laminated fins on my Mega Der Red Max - "Papa Der".
Sanded, sealed, and stood to dry, nosecone and fin sheet for Mini Der Red Max - "Baby Der".
While "Mama Der" stood watch:

Or should that be "Mama Die"?

Tomorrow, more of the same...

Last edited:
What didnt i do rocket wise?

Primered and bondo dry spots on 38mm mmt for Funk Saucer and layed up the next mmt and Saucer dome.

Also sized and cut the fin tabs to repair the Mega Der Purple Max ..including adapting the fin guide to slide around the rail guide on the previously built rocket.

Then i glued the fin on...found a new use for my ComSpec receiver ..it was the correct weight and shape to keep the tub3 flat on the table.

Kenny

1444332153866.jpg

1444332167046.jpg

1444332190916.jpg

Finally applied the pigment on me rebuild of the BadBoy's 4 banger MMT.
Glued the tubes in another idea of mine.

DSCN3288.JPG

DSCN3292.JPG

DSCN3295.JPG

DSCN3296.JPG

DSCN3297.JPG

DSCN3300.JPG

DSCN3302.JPG

DSCN3301.JPG

Today I scored a NIB Binder Exocet...from the little I could find on the net and TRF, it's quite a rare bird. Kit came in a box packed with crumpled newspaper from 1996. :grin:
2015-10-08%2020.48.34.jpg

That's some slick paint Dog !!! I need to get back on the ball.

Dang Dog! That's one awesome rocket! :D

Thanks a bunch!!!!!

It took 3 tries to get it rite. The pigment ,that is.

The first time it milked off. Next night (lastnight)I sanded it and applied the pigment again, over the old pigment,no primer.
Well. it milked off AGAIN!!!
So,Im like WTF???.
The weather thingy showed very low humidity..what gives here????
Anywhoo--I was just about to throw in the towel and remembered the "MinWax" clear lacquer (rattle can)trick.

I applied the clear over the wet pigment and you can see the results.
Cleared up the milk and layed down nice and smooth.
In a case like this, a little bit of luck and a little bit of talent won over the pigment demon.

Had a CATO recently of an E12-0 and emailed Estes and this shows up this week, Thank You Estes! Great customer service!
ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1444402890.969114.jpg

The Exocet looks beautiful! I have seen "Binder Design" a few times but I don't know what it means. Anybody could enlighten me?

performed open tube surgery on my Madcow patriot(4" paper). in the time between when it was built and now, the Tee nuts that I use for motor retention came loose(one was rattling about). picture shows it waiting for the glue to dry so I can finish plugging the hole (one of two).
Rex

open-tube.jpg

- Glued fins on Quest Cobalt
- Build motor mount of Der Tough Max
- Sanded its fins, which are now ready to fix

Began the build on a LOC Nuke Pro Max. I have a few Loki G80's and H90's that I need to burn.
I hope to have it ready for next weekends OROC launch.

Burned some BP today. My local launch area is a soybean field that was finally harvested, and the weather cooperated today. First flights - scratch build (E9-4), Magician (C6-3 & D12-5), Extreme 12 single (D12-5 & E9-4). Launch also included Mini-Honest John (A10-3T), scratch build (A10-3T), scratch build (1/2A-3T), Crossfire (B6-4) and scratch build WAC (C6-5). First time flying the E engines and I was impressed. All flights had no major problems except the scratch E. That one started to fade with the wind in mid-flight, not terrible but overshot my intended landing area. It was recovered on the adjacent railroad tracks. Minor tube damage. Will try it again on a calm day.

Back